Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

PCP coming to an end advice.

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
imported

Re: PCP coming to an end advice.

Post by imported » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:18 am

ronk wrote:When I traded my wife's car in, the dealers price was not far away than webuyanycar.com so it might be a good idea to put your details in as a guide!
Webuyanycar give bad offers, but I guess the advertising money has to come from somewhere.

I sold my last car with trustedcarbuyers, most of the smaller network independents are better as well but expect them to take off 5% off the quoted offer when they find undeclared faults.

original guvnor
Lifer
Lifer

Post by original guvnor » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:12 am

Looks a lovely car. I reckon you'd find a Forum buyer for that. I think, regarding the value, you'll need to look at what 35i and 35iS models go for at similar age/mileage and make sure you are in line with those because a potential buyer will need to see a significant discount against them. Otherwise, why would you go for the (admittedly lovely) 3.0i model when could lay a few £ more and get a lot more power/performance.

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:39 am

The dealer gave me 8% more than wbac.com so just factor that in.

A local garage owned by a friend of a friend, offered less than wbac so as I said it's a reasonable indication of value- at least it's a starting point.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Peddyboy

Post by Peddyboy » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:29 pm

I think I will put it up for just over 20k with the hope of ending up somewhere around that price.

I have tried wbac in the past and normally fall short of the mark but I will have a look at what they offer even if it's just a reference point.

I am in no hurry to sell. If the right buyer comes with the right price then I will let it go (reluctantly) but until then I will enjoy it, especially if the weather holds out like this for a little longer. :driving:

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:45 pm

It will be interesting to see what price they come up with - mine is a similar /high spec although Dec 2010 and 17k mikes and Auto.
Wbac came up wth £16k last month - I thought it was a bit low but you know what it's like when you get a bit of a bug to change :D

I've decided to hang on for now.

If you don't want to go down the wbac route, why not go into the dealer and just string them along as if you were going for a new one? Naughty but they don't have any scruples !
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Japseroony

Post by Japseroony » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:01 am

Some dealer are offering massive discounts on new vehicles but as yours is a straight 6 which they don't offer any more unless you are after the 35 I think she will be worth slightly more on here or a decent site such as Piston Heads.

Broadspeed are offering over £13,500 discount on a 35 which is huge and around 30% off :!: :!:
UNDERSTEER is when you hit the fence with the front of the car,
OVERSTEER is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car,
HORSEPOWER is how fast you hit the fence,
TORQUE is how far you take the fence with you.

Z4M-2006
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Z4M-2006 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:07 am

Broadspeed prices are good until you ant something with a bit of spec on it...

Then the pprices shoot right up or they are unable to provide..

Japseroony

Post by Japseroony » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:33 am

Yes I agree but its a good start when trying to beat the dealers down on price lol
UNDERSTEER is when you hit the fence with the front of the car,
OVERSTEER is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car,
HORSEPOWER is how fast you hit the fence,
TORQUE is how far you take the fence with you.

Peddyboy

Post by Peddyboy » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:56 pm

PCP finished so I will be posting it on the for sale thread shortly.
Thanks for all the advice. went to the dealers and they offered me a good deal for a trade in but I cant commit to another car.
It seems 20K is the figure the dealer recommends also so I will see what response I get from that.
I would dearly love a fellow member to have it so I will put it on here over the winter, if it doesn't go then I will advertise it in the usual classifieds in the spring.
Thanks again one and all!