Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Not a lover But could be tempted

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Angie4m
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Not a lover But could be tempted

Post by Angie4m » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:19 pm

shortfuse 2 wrote:have to do something with the 2 ltrs not a good car on performance even if they have built the sound into the exhausts didn't like the 2 I drove from my local dealers .ended up with 35is against the( m ) a far better car in every way (but that's my opinion)only my opinion
unfortunately, well fortunately for you, me and some others on here the 6 cylinder 3.0l and even the no longer in production 2.5 6 cylinder varient there are many more 2.0l 4 cylinders out there.

Unfortunate if you own a 20i because the market will and is saturated with them more than others meaning residuals when time to sell won't be as good as other models out there. The 28i holds value well but again that's due to them being rare on the 2nd hand market but there are still a good number on the roads so you never know what may happen to any of the values.

I think for a lot of people wanting an occasional bit of fun with the roof off the 20i seem to suit them especially if they are just using it to pootle about in.
Deep Sea Blue sDrive35is - I LOVE IT! Best car I've ever owned :) - Gone
RRS V8 Supercharged - Gone
Abarth 595 Competizione - Gone
Yas Marina Blue M4 Coupe - Gone

Current:
Protonic Blue i8
Amethyst 997
F56 JCW Challenge (19 of 52)

Still Shy and retiring

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:43 pm

Angie4m wrote:
shortfuse 2 wrote:have to do something with the 2 ltrs not a good car on performance even if they have built the sound into the exhausts didn't like the 2 I drove from my local dealers .ended up with 35is against the( m ) a far better car in every way (but that's my opinion)only my opinion
unfortunately, well fortunately for you, me and some others on here the 6 cylinder 3.0l and even the no longer in production 2.5 6 cylinder varient there are many more 2.0l 4 cylinders out there.

Unfortunate if you own a 20i because the market will and is saturated with them more than others meaning residuals when time to sell won't be as good as other models out there. The 28i holds value well but again that's due to them being rare on the 2nd hand market but there are still a good number on the roads so you never know what may happen to any of the values.

I think for a lot of people wanting an occasional bit of fun with the roof off the 20i seem to suit them especially if they are just using it to pootle about in.
Appreciate what you say about certain engine variants being sought after but I would also say the E89 values are looking poor generally due to how BMW labelled & badged them ?
You are in a minority owner being active on a forum & enthusiastic about the cars themselves , unfortunately that doesn't carry into the used car market where possibly 50/60/70% see only a E89 Z4 & have very little understanding of actual powerplant they are after or indeed the actual engine differences between the various power outputs :cry:
2.8i actually being a 2.0 powerplant but a 2.3i is a 6 cylinder :cry: very fudging for all barring the anoraks
This in turn means the choice sought after models are being dragged down with the biggest sellers ( majority being lower specced/lower output cheap lease deals )
Id say the next 18 months in the E89 market will be interesting to say the least & only last week i posted up a 110k E89 at £9k :o
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Z4M-2006
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Z4M-2006 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:39 pm

Nah..

E89 prices are holding up better than there E85 variants did..

Just the crap spec ones with high miles will always be cheap... Like the 10-11 year old £3000 E85's... Gash car, gash cash..

jimbo1958
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jimbo1958 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:55 pm

Z4M-2006 wrote: Gash car, gash cash..
You have a way with words. :D
Z4 e85 3.0 - GONE
Z4 e89 35i - GONE
Jaguar F Type V6s Roadster :driving:
Abarth 695 Rivale :driving:

Angie4m
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Angie4m » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:59 pm

mr wilks wrote:
Angie4m wrote:

Appreciate what you say about certain engine variants being sought after but I would also say the E89 values are looking poor generally due to how BMW labelled & badged them ?
You are in a minority owner being active on a forum & enthusiastic about the cars themselves , unfortunately that doesn't carry into the used car market where possibly 50/60/70% see only a E89 Z4 & have very little understanding of actual powerplant they are after or indeed the actual engine differences between the various power outputs :cry:
2.8i actually being a 2.0 powerplant but a 2.3i is a 6 cylinder :cry: very fudging for all barring the anoraks
This in turn means the choice sought after models are being dragged down with the biggest sellers ( majority being lower specced/lower output cheap lease deals )
Id say the next 18 months in the E89 market will be interesting to say the least & only last week i posted up a 110k E89 at £9k :o
Indeed. I get that totally.

I work with people who think 28i anything means 2.8l but scratch their heads when you say no it's a 2.0l and a 4 cylinder.

It's an interesting road that BMW are going down, just look at the facelift 3 series to get a 3.0l 6 cylinder you need to buy the 340 which is the replacement to the 335. The 318 is now a 1.5 3 cylinder. And the 330 is a 2.0l 4 cylinder in replacement of the 328. It makes no sense any of it and confused Jo blogs who has not a rinky dink.

As you say in the next 12-18 months it will be interesting to see what happens to values and if BMW do decide to end the run, that will also have an influence.
Deep Sea Blue sDrive35is - I LOVE IT! Best car I've ever owned :) - Gone
RRS V8 Supercharged - Gone
Abarth 595 Competizione - Gone
Yas Marina Blue M4 Coupe - Gone

Current:
Protonic Blue i8
Amethyst 997
F56 JCW Challenge (19 of 52)

Still Shy and retiring

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:59 pm

The E89 at 9k is self explanatory, 110 k miles and low spec.
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:07 pm

john-e89 wrote:The E89 at 9k is self explanatory, 110 k miles and low spec.
That example may or may not be a dog or a belter :oops: but whatever it drags prices down :wink:
For that rare breed that does actually buy rather than lease those looking to sell are very often clueless as to their cars current market value :? so what do they do ? They get offered silly money for a trade in by the dealer or they take a look online , they don't always analyse the reason for the low prices , they see what looks like their car for £10/£11/£12k & stick their's up in the a similar ballpark :wink:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:20 pm

To be fair to BMW, the issue with the badging is actually because people have for so long associated certain designations with certain engine sizes. Engine technology has moved on, but badging everything a 15 or a 20 will give the wrong impressions to consumers. Badging a car 28 makes sense if what you are appealing to is the consumer understanding of speed/power rather than the displacement. Which is what most people will think of. Jeez, it's confusing just trying to reason it out...
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

Zed Five

Post by Zed Five » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:26 pm

Bing wrote:To be fair to BMW, the issue with the badging is actually because people have for so long associated certain designations with certain engine sizes. Engine technology has moved on, but badging everything a 15 or a 20 will give the wrong impressions to consumers. Badging a car 28 makes sense if what you are appealing to is the consumer understanding of speed/power rather than the displacement. Which is what most people will think of. Jeez, it's confusing just trying to reason it out...
bmw playson peoples stupidity. Anyone who revels in the 'seniority' of owning a 335i, now will buy a 340 or feel inferior :rofl: .
Why is it that people who can't take advice always insist on giving it? 

E89 35is | BMW S1000rr Motorsport Ed.

Zed Five

Post by Zed Five » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:26 pm

Zed Five wrote:
Bing wrote:To be fair to BMW, the issue with the badging is actually because people have for so long associated certain designations with certain engine sizes. Engine technology has moved on, but badging everything a 15 or a 20 will give the wrong impressions to consumers. Badging a car 28 makes sense if what you are appealing to is the consumer understanding of speed/power rather than the displacement. Which is what most people will think of. Jeez, it's confusing just trying to reason it out...
bmw plays on peoples stupidity. Anyone who revels in the 'seniority' of owning a 335i, now will buy a 340 or feel inferior :rofl: .

Zed Five

Post by Zed Five » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:28 pm

:rofl: Oh, god, i hope there's no z4 40is !

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:31 pm

I can think of one member with an overinflated sense of superiority and a lovely (replica - lol) watch who would be all over a 40is like a fly on fresh cow s**t :lol:
Last edited by Bing on Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by PerryGunn » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:42 pm

Bing wrote:I can think of one member with an overinflated sense of superiority and a lovely (replica - lol) watch who would be all over a 40is like a fly a fresh cow s**t :lol:
Good job you mentioned the watch - when it was just 'overinflated sense of superiority' a certain clog-wearer came to mind (not that he'd buy an E89)
:rofl:
Alpina Roadster S #320
* Quaife ATB LSD * StrongStrut Braces * Turner RTAB Limiters * Gap-Tech RCH+ *
* Intravee & KCA-420i * Mini 0806 * Cheetah C550 * Stubby *

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:46 pm

The watch is the point - the words 'superiority' and 'replica' are not exactly comfortable together in the same sentence. Wish I'd seen the way that thread went before it was locked, fancied some fun :evil:

imported

Post by imported » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:55 pm

Bing wrote:So BMW have now resorted to wrapping Z4s in more interesting colours to try and sell them. Interesting tactic :lol:
Hey at least they're still sticking to the actual car. Most other makes resort to using women or transforming robots :P