Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Removing/Installing the right "fresh air grille", how to?

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Z435iFI

Removing/Installing the right "fresh air grille", how to?

Post by Z435iFI » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:25 pm

Hi all, I have in my Z4 (05-2012) an irritating creaking noise in the right end of the dashboard. The design of the dash seems less than perfect on that part, as there is only a thin slice of trim panel below the righ fresh air grille, above the glove box. It does not feel too solid. It seems the creak is coming from between the trim panel and the fresh air grille.
The question is, how to remove this fresh air grille?
In my E92 I had to remove the big piece of center trim panel to get to this air grille. In Z4 this portion of the panel is even bigger and I dont like the idea of having to detach it first...

abeardo83

Re: Removing/Installing the right "fresh air grille", how to?

Post by abeardo83 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:08 pm

I wish there was a copy of the body shop manual floating around. We used to have one for my old S2000, in PDF. Saved countless £££££

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Removing/Installing the right "fresh air grille", how to?

Post by paddy wright » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:31 am

It's screwed in- removed the little caps in the corners- from what I can remember there is 2 screws.
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!