Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

50K mileage soon

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Dejablue

50K mileage soon

Post by Dejablue » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:56 pm

My car has 47,000 miles on it, 5000 since I purchased it.
Everything is great so far, but with 3000 miles left before the warranty expires (I still have until 100k with the CPO warranty) I wonder if anyone can suggest what I might do before I am beyond the bumper to bumper warranty?

imported

Re: 50K mileage soon

Post by imported » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:29 pm

Dejablue wrote:My car has 47,000 miles on it, 5000 since I purchased it.
Everything is great so far, but with 3000 miles left before the warranty expires (I still have until 100k with the CPO warranty) I wonder if anyone can suggest what I might do before I am beyond the bumper to bumper warranty?
'Dancing windows' and light cluster issues (water leakage or condensation, even a few missing dots on the lower rear lights can lead to failure) seem to be the most popular problems that are repairable under warranty. Maybe buy a full check from AA or RAC for peace of mind (have then check the alloys for any cracks), and it's also something you can mention if you sell it privately.

I've never had other problems but make sure that your idrive (if you have one) and roof mechanism works perfectly as these are expensive to fix as they are likely to require full replacement if there is a problem.

Dejablue

Re: 50K mileage soon

Post by Dejablue » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:02 am

I have complete maintenance records for my car, and I can see that the High pressure fuel pump has been replaced. The last service was days before I bought it. All systems are going well...do I make some things up?