Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

It's time to swap ... :( feeling sad.

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
jaRED

Re: It's time to swap ... :( feeling sad.

Post by jaRED » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:21 pm

I would advise that you wait until baby is on the way before you make any decisions, one because as Angie says they don't always come along exactly when you plan, and two as we found out even when they do you can get two at once :o . We had carefully bought a relatively practical sporty hatchback, which soon gave way to an estate when required to lug a double buggy, two travel cots etc around.
Redzed coupe gone but not forgotten :? , Lotus Evora providing the smiles now :driving:

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Post by TitanTim » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:57 pm

well whatever happens you have still got 9 months to think about it :lol: and keep the Zed :wink:

Tim.

jayware33

Post by jayware33 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:39 pm

TitanTim wrote:well whatever happens you have still got 9 months to think about it :lol: and keep the Zed :wink:

Tim.
Sure do! And I like your DP lol 8)

Current: 2006 E85 3.0 si Sport 6 speed manual
E89 30i Auto

aquazi
Lifer
Lifer

Post by aquazi » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:36 am

Do you have just the one car?

We're expecting our first in September... At the start of the year we have a Z4 and an SLK!
Now i've got the TT for the boot and the wifes SLK is getting replaced by a qashqui

95% of my commute will be to work and back on my own. For family trips to see family the Quashqui drives like a normal car but is pretty big, and inexpensive... And has rear doors with isofix!!

Goofle

Post by Goofle » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:46 am

Keep the Z4, £300 buys you a Nissan Almeria to use. You'd save the outlay in fuel and you'll get £120 when you scrap it.

jmb

Post by jmb » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:44 pm

You could just not have kids...

willc8

Post by willc8 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:59 pm

It makes me sad reading this post as I know I will also be in the same boat very shortly. That's why I'm enjoying the Zed as much as I can, while I can. It still puts a giant grin on my face, whether it's just looking back at it after I lock it or whether I'm just gently cruising, then see a patch of clear road ahead and then putting my foot down. Think I got my dream car too early, it's going to be down hill for a long while after this....
Sdrive 28i M sport Auto transmission in Mineral Black with Kansas Beige interior. Comfort pack, stubby aerial and semi integrated sat nav.

Dexter_Morgan

Post by Dexter_Morgan » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:59 am

When my first kid was due everyone told me I would have to change my car. I manged fine when he arrived as my wife's car is a decent size and I only used the z to take him to nursery. The lack of child locks on the door did become an issue though. With 2 kids it was inevitable I would need to swap so changed to a santa fe in may. I could have held off until October but wanted the best price for the z. We went to centre parcs recently and did need all the space the santa fe has.