Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Throttle Re-Mapper?

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
MrAshRhodes

Throttle Re-Mapper?

Post by MrAshRhodes » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:17 am

Anyone used one of these, i have the 23i I know not much can be done to "tune" the engine/remap.

I was looking at this - https://www.bimmian.com/Throttle-Remapp ... BMW-E89-Z4

Im interested to hear people's thoughts.

I know the basic theory of it,

As its a computer sensing the throttle position currently it, for example is

5% press, 5% open throttle

This device is MEANT to change that.

5% press 10% open throtle

that's my understanding any.

R.E92

Re: Throttle Re-Mapper?

Post by R.E92 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:47 pm

You are correct in that it just amplifies what your foot is doing.

On the 35i you get 100% throttle at 40% pedal in normal mode (100% throttle at 60% pedal in sport mode). I would imagine the same is true for the 23i.

Installing this will just end up giving you even less fine control. If you are driving a manual car it will make smooth gear changes a thing of the past and on an automatic car will likely confuse the crap out of the transmission with all the sudden excessive pedal input.

MrAshRhodes

Re: Throttle Re-Mapper?

Post by MrAshRhodes » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:05 pm

R.E92 wrote:You are correct in that it just amplifies what your foot is doing.

On the 35i you get 100% throttle at 40% pedal in normal mode (100% throttle at 60% pedal in sport mode). I would imagine the same is true for the 23i.

Installing this will just end up giving you even less fine control. If you are driving a manual car it will make smooth gear changes a thing of the past and on an automatic car will likely confuse the crap out of the transmission with all the sudden excessive pedal input.
Thanks for some clarification.

I think this is going to be something I skip and put elsewhere.