Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

20" Wheels without rubbing

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
mark a

Re: 20" Wheels without rubbing

Post by mark a » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:46 pm

[quote="envy"]i had 20s on mine and speaking from experience, the arch gap wasnt too bad but yeah could do with being lowered. i think mine were 20x8.5 all round, 32 et front and 42 rear. 265/35 rear and 235/35 front. the ride was hardly any different to the 19s

For 20" wheels and those tyre sizes the ride wouldn't be worse as the rear tyres have a larger sidewall than the 19" tyres. You've increased the rolling diameter on the rear by 2 inches so the car will sit an inch higher off the ground (and the sidewall will be 1/2 inch higher).

Did they not rub as that is a big change?

(Front diameter increase was 1inch so sidewall height is unchanged but car sits 1/2 inch higher)

envy

Re: 20" Wheels without rubbing

Post by envy » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:19 am

no rubbing whatsoever. you have to get the front offsets right as they need to clear the suspension arms but once you are clear of those, the arches accommodate the wheels very well. not so sure what would happen if it was lowered though

as for ride height, i didnt notice any difference whilst driving as my seats can be lowered and raised electronically so i was messing with the settings of those anyway once i got the car back from the people who fitted the wheels