Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Audio improvements, active sub?

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
jmb

Audio improvements, active sub?

Post by jmb » Sun May 10, 2015 12:12 pm

I have the poverty-spec speakers in my zed, so I'm thinking about some minor upgrading. Has anyone fitted a small active sub, along the lines of this?
I'm not sure what options the standard "professional" unit has for pre-out, I guess I'd need some sort of adapter cable too...

gavsta

Re: Audio improvements, active sub?

Post by gavsta » Wed May 13, 2015 10:19 pm

I had one of these under the passenger seat of my S2000. I've got the one with the remote control.
I thought it sounded really good the bass was brilliant for what it is.

I've still got it somewhere, if you wanted one and didn't mind a used one I could sell you mine? If you would rather brand new with warranty etc no problem but they are very good.

Cheers

jmb

Re: Audio improvements, active sub?

Post by jmb » Fri May 15, 2015 8:36 pm

Thanks for the reply, and glad it sounds vaguely decent. I'll bear yours in mind, but I've just had to drop 700 quid on an operation on the cat so I don't think I'll be getting one in the near future (unless the insurance cough up for her!)