Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Dealers, you have to laugh..

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Wyldie85

Re: Dealers, you have to laugh..

Post by Wyldie85 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:50 am

When my Dad wanted an E46 M3 he went to Woods in Hook. This is back in 2003.

The guy there (Danny) didn't have any cars to test drive so he let them have his for the weekend.
He had a particular CD in the car that my Dad commented on when he took the car back and said how much he liked it.

So the deal was done. Car ordered and my step mum bought my dad a number plate for his birthday and arranged for it to be on the car when they went to collect it.

When they went to collect the car, Danny got my step mum a huge bunch of flowers and had already put a copy of the CD in the autochanger.

Danny commented on what a pleasure it had been to deal with them. This could be the usual sales patter of course but just the CD has always stuck with my Dad and it was a nice little touch.

I think it's something like that that keeps people coming back and recommending them in the future. I appreciate they have sales targets and money to make but a glimmer of a human being behind the navy suit is a welcome touch.
2006 Silver grey 2.5si Convertible - Sold
2006 ///M Convertible - Sold
2019 Mercedes C300 AMG Line Premium Plus Estate
2019 San Francisco red M40i inc Tech & Comfort packs

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:57 am

john-e89 wrote:
Bing wrote:I agree with the sentiment, but looking at it from the other side... If you can afford a £40k car then spending and extra £20 on a short aerial shouldn't be beyond you... And youre just as tight as them expecting it to be thrown in. The whole dealership has profit margins to hit, and you're just one of thousands of customers expecting a wee bit here and a wee bit there.

Just sayin' :wink:
No that's a good point Bing, as you say every customer wants a freebie it mounts up. Fair shout. :thumbsup:
Reading that back John, it's a little harsh - I'd want a freebie too, it's in my blood much like Angie :P Just an alternate viewpoint, and you did say it was petty in your first sentence, I guess I have my opinionated head on today :D
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

Stark
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Stark » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:07 am

Very rare these days. Gone are the flowers for the Mrs..... Just about get key rings and that ones with dealers stamp all over them

rhys4

Post by rhys4 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:18 am

Just mention to them if they would like you to give all top ratings on the sale when you have the phone call or email from the manufacturer.They have to reach a certain level with the points you award the garage.You will soon find a few bottles in the boot.

Stark
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Stark » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:19 am

I normally ask for umbrellas and flowers for the Mrs......but this all depends on the discount you have got off the car too

Yorkie Z

Post by Yorkie Z » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:22 am

Make sure when you pick it up there also give you the old arial they took off..!!!
A Dirty M///

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:25 am

Bing wrote:
john-e89 wrote:
Bing wrote:I agree with the sentiment, but looking at it from the other side... If you can afford a £40k car then spending and extra £20 on a short aerial shouldn't be beyond you... And youre just as tight as them expecting it to be thrown in. The whole dealership has profit margins to hit, and you're just one of thousands of customers expecting a wee bit here and a wee bit there.

Just sayin' :wink:
No that's a good point Bing, as you say every customer wants a freebie it mounts up. Fair shout. :thumbsup:
Reading that back John, it's a little harsh - I'd want a freebie too, it's in my blood much like Angie :P Just an alternate viewpoint, and you did say it was petty in your first sentence, I guess I have my opinionated head on today :D
Tell you what Bing we'll call it one all and shake on it ok? Tbh still niggling me that crass comment I made after the rugby about 'typical Scot', it was totally made in jest and banter but I think it did'nt come across like that and was clumsy to say the least. Things can get a bit mis-interpreted on the written word. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the post Wyldie and Stark, all food for thought. :)
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:39 am

rhys4 wrote:Just mention to them if they would like you to give all top ratings on the sale when you have the phone call or email from the manufacturer.They have to reach a certain level with the points you award the garage.You will soon find a few bottles in the boot.
Had'nt thought of that Rhys, I'll wait for the call, but as Stark is saying it's a sign of the times that it's all so clinical nowadays which is a shame. Ah well it does'nt really matter, especially when there's so much awful stuff going on like the plane crash etc. It's nice to get people's views and opinions though, they are appreciated. :thumbsup:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

Chii

Post by Chii » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:57 am

Number5 wrote:When you sign the deal, dont forget to put the pen straight into your pocket....
Hahaha super! Get a handful if possible! £20's worth :thumbsup:

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:08 am

Tell them that you are going to post a dealer survey on this forum!
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:16 am

I got a free touch up paint when the dealer messed up my private plate transfer. Well, not really free as I had to pay £15 to Admiral to change the plate for a second time.

I did get the "50th" Anniversary coffee cup set, but think that is a manufacturer gift. For the model I had to fight, and after much sighing etc I got it. I was expecting one of those lovely big models like I have for the Z but no, it was such an embarrassing one that it is still in the box somewhere in a cupboard.
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

rhys4

Post by rhys4 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:39 am

The dealer told me that private plate transfers can now be done immediately at the dealers,when they are taxing the car.Only came in last week.Will save a lot of hassle.

cossied

Post by cossied » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:57 am

We are talking about a company that thinks prematurely snapping road springs is not their problem.

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:55 pm

john-e89, I'd already forgotten about that mate, not sure I was even too offended at the time... it's all good :D :thumbsup:
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

channy106

Post by channy106 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:11 pm

The dealer I bought the iS from was very good to us. I have to say that even after the discount (which was very generous) we still got flowers and swapped a cap for an umbrella.

To date I now have a collection of gifted BMW umbrellas and various keyrings from dealers.
15 15 Z4 E89 35is Mineral White :evil:
13/15 63 640d F13 MSport, Alp/White
12/13 Z4 E89 3.0i, Sp/Grey
11/12: 57 Z4C E86 3.0si Sport, T/Silver
10/11: 57 335i E93 Aegan Blue
09/10: 07 320d E92 S/Graphite
08/09: 06 Z4R E85 3.0si Sport, T/Silver