Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Sudden loss in DAB reception

djstan

Sudden loss in DAB reception

Post by djstan » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:13 am

Have had my car for nearly a year and until recently, DAB reception has been perfect. But all of a sudden it's started breaking up over the last week, leaving big areas of 'No Signal' where there was signal before.

I've checked all the transmitter info (because I'm anal like that - hehe!) and none of the transmitters are running at reduced power in the area which leads me to think something has gone wrong at the reception end, but I have no idea where to start with that.

Can anybody offer any tips or advice on how to troubleshoot? I think the receiver is somewhere around the mirror according to RealOEM, but I'll be bu**ered if I can see it..

10-plate E89 35i, Deep Sea Blue
67-plate F15 X5 35d, Space Grey

Angie4m
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Sudden loss in DAB reception

Post by Angie4m » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:57 am

Do you have a warranty? If so just take it back to the dealer. Otherwise it could be any number of issues, could be the wiring itself, could be the connection from the DAB Ariel. Could be something completely different. Yes it's contained within the housing attached to the window for the rear view mirror I assume you've removed this? If not you'd need to in order to locate what your looking for.
Deep Sea Blue sDrive35is - I LOVE IT! Best car I've ever owned :) - Gone
RRS V8 Supercharged - Gone
Abarth 595 Competizione - Gone
Yas Marina Blue M4 Coupe - Gone

Current:
Protonic Blue i8
Amethyst 997
F56 JCW Challenge (19 of 52)

Still Shy and retiring