Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

35 IS - Arrived.

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
RX-78

Re: 35 IS - Arrived.

Post by RX-78 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:03 am

Thanks Andy! 7 years sounds seriously good, no more cleaning needed then :)
2015 E89 28i auto, mineral white, to be detailed!
2007 Z4 Coupe 3.0si SE Manual, Saphier Black Now gone

AndyJ

Post by AndyJ » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:17 am

RX-78 wrote:Thanks Andy! 7 years sounds seriously good, no more cleaning needed then :)
Just the normal TLC. No further sealants / waxes.
Z Current -- Z4 35 IS (Valencia Orange) -- 1/3/15
Z History -- Z3 2.8 (Atlanta Blue). Z3MR (Estoril Blue). Z4 3.0 (Sterling Grey). Z4M (Carbon Black). E89 35i MS(Sapphire Black)

AndyJ

Post by AndyJ » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:31 am

2 days.... Finally the wait for the 15 plate seems all worthwhile.

The Gtechniq work will be done tomorrow. I'm going to get the train over in the afternoon to see the end of the detail being completed and watch it being wheeled into the showroom (hopefully).
Z History -- Z3 2.8 (Atlanta Blue). Z3MR (Estoril Blue). Z4 3.0 (Sterling Grey). Z4M (Carbon Black). E89 35i MS(Sapphire Black)

AndyJ

Post by AndyJ » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:52 am

A small update, I've just realised that in all the excitement I never updated the thread. :D

On Saturday afternoon we braved the rain, caught a couple of trains and went over to meet Adam (Gtechniq) whilst he was preparing her. By the time we arrived he was just finishing up and the results were breathtaking. The colour if anything looked slightly deeper and I've never seen 326 wheels look so good. Very impressed. Adam had prepared the paint before applying the protection so it was truly immaculate.

Had a chance to pick Adam's brains (Top Guy) and make sure I had everything ready to keep it looking that good for a long time.

Roll on Sunday, arrived at the showroom after a hectic morning and there she was looking absolutely stunning. Safe to say she was also getting more attention than any other new car in the showroom too. Even when we rolled her outside and went through the handover she continued to stop every customer in their tracks before they went inside. You could argue many of them were saying "who the hell would order a car in that colour", but I'd like to think they were thinking "wow". ;-)

Went out for a drive in the country, trying to avoid puddles. Found a pub where I could park away from anything else. Drove her home via every high street I knew on the way. Since then I've only managed a couple of small drives and setup sessions. Can't wait for the weekend.

Jasey

Post by Jasey » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:00 am

AndyJ wrote:A small update, I've just realised that in all the excitement I never updated the thread. :D

On Saturday afternoon we braved the rain, caught a couple of trains and went over to meet Adam (Gtechniq) whilst he was preparing her. By the time we arrived he was just finishing up and the results were breathtaking. The colour if anything looked slightly deeper and I've never seen 326 wheels look so good. Very impressed. Adam had prepared the paint before applying the protection so it was truly immaculate.

Had a chance to pick Adam's brains (Top Guy) and make sure I had everything ready to keep it looking that good for a long time.

Roll on Sunday, arrived at the showroom after a hectic morning and there she was looking absolutely stunning. Safe to say she was also getting more attention than any other new car in the showroom too. Even when we rolled her outside and went through the handover she continued to stop every customer in their tracks before they went inside. You could argue many of them were saying "who the hell would order a car in that colour", but I'd like to think they were thinking "wow". ;-)

Went out for a drive in the country, trying to avoid puddles. Found a pub where I could park away from anything else. Drove her home via every high street I knew on the way. Since then I've only managed a couple of small drives and setup sessions. Can't wait for the weekend.
Make sure you put her in Sport+ for the high street drives (for the pops & burbles) :thumbsup:

andya1

Post by andya1 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:11 am

Congratulations Andy enjoy this weekend, I have only just got mine and not had a proper drive in it due to our never ending extension but this weekend we will be out enjoying our fab car, what products did the detailer recommend?

AndyJ

Post by AndyJ » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:15 am

andya1 wrote:Congratulations Andy enjoy this weekend, I have only just got mine and not had a proper drive in it due to our never ending extension but this weekend we will be out enjoying our fab car, what products did the detailer recommend?
Very little, I have all the gear already and once treated the car requires very little maintenance now for many years. It's just a case of washing with care and picking his brains about the best way to deal with stubborn residues without damaging the protection.

AndyJ

Post by AndyJ » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:17 am

Jasey wrote:Make sure you put her in Sport+ for the high street drives (for the pops & burbles) :thumbsup:
I use Sport most of the time, but hardly ever Sport+ due to disabling the traction control. Does it really make that big a difference to the exhaust over Sport ?

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:26 am

Car looked brilliant in the photo's Andy, glad it's everything you wanted, here's to a long and happy ownership. :thumbsup:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:31 am

andya1 wrote:Congratulations Andy enjoy this weekend, I have only just got mine and not had a proper drive in it due to our never ending extension but this weekend we will be out enjoying our fab car, what products did the detailer recommend?
What issues are you having Andy out of interest, just that I'm a builder and curious is all, tell me to mind my own business though mate if you'd rather :)

Apologies for thread hi- jack AndyJ :oops:
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

AndyJ

Post by AndyJ » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:41 am

Perhaps building issues can be taken off to PM or another thread.

Jasey

Post by Jasey » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:53 am

AndyJ wrote:
Jasey wrote:Make sure you put her in Sport+ for the high street drives (for the pops & burbles) :thumbsup:
I use Sport most of the time, but hardly ever Sport+ due to disabling the traction control. Does it really make that big a difference to the exhaust over Sport ?
It does if you gun it :).

Also the change downs (especially if you do manual changes) have bigger pops.

You shouldn't need TC PROVIDED you dont stand on the loud pedal when cornering ;)

You need to put it into Sport+ and use the paddle shifters for the best sound track :thumbsup:

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:56 am

AndyJ wrote:Perhaps building issues can be taken off to PM or another thread.
Of course, that's what I meant really to move it to elsewhere. None intended Andy. :)
MR2 MK 2
E89 35is
G29

AndyJ

Post by AndyJ » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:59 am

Jasey wrote:It does if you gun it :) You need to put it into Sport+ and use the paddle shifters for the best sound track :thumbsup:
This I appreciate, but "gunning it" won't be happening down the local high street. It's ok, I do remember being 17, but it was quite a while ago. :D

Jasey

Post by Jasey » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:21 am

AndyJ wrote:
Jasey wrote:It does if you gun it :) You need to put it into Sport+ and use the paddle shifters for the best sound track :thumbsup:
This I appreciate, but "gunning it" won't be happening down the local high street. It's ok, I do remember being 17, but it was quite a while ago. :D
Same here - but I bet you do ;) :D