Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

My New Zed

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Mouse

Re: My New Zed

Post by Mouse » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:17 am

buzyg wrote:Nice colour, Welcome to the board. How does it compare to the TT?

Thanks for all your comments.

Apologies for none technical stuff that you guys prefer to read, but here is an attempt :D

Z4 v TT :o the build quality easily goes to the TT over the 2006 zed but is on par with the new zed - the TT felt sold,and planted to the road if that makes sence (im not technical in any way) and handled extremely well although i never pushed it to its limits :o reliability was 100% over 9 years. I have had two Z3's and a Z4 at the same time as the audi but needed to get back to just one car. I would say the audi was quicker off the mark too.

After going out in a friends 2009 Z4 a few weeks ago, had a really good look around it and that made my mind up what to look out for. I had a good test drive before i bought this one, the hardish ride feels good, and yesterday had a bit of a play on way home, (no other traffic around) the car is very responsive and very easy to drive and corners very well. The run-flats take a bit of getting used to but love everything about it. I was impressed last monday when we had some snow, not a lot but enough to leave good tyre tracks, and as i live amongst hills, wondered if i could get to work, no problem :D

Just need to source a wind deflector now. I have one from a 2005 zed but dont know it that will fit yet, need some decent weather to spend time outside :D

RX-78

Post by RX-78 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:50 pm

Nice colour! That was my wife's favorite.

It's interesting to see the comparison with the TT. Z4 has the advantage of going topless of course :lol:
2015 E89 28i auto, mineral white, to be detailed!
2007 Z4 Coupe 3.0si SE Manual, Saphier Black Now gone

ruggedscot

Post by ruggedscot » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:17 pm

Hope you enjoy your car.... They really are something else indeed....

Id....

Check a BMW dealer they will tell you what options were on the car when you got it.

Look at your tyres - the run flats play havoc with the 19" wheels and the type on mine were notorious for cracks when paired with run flats - using non run flats softens the impacts to the wheels and reduces the likelyhood of any cracks.

Other than that I wish you many miles of happy motoring with the car as they are great cars - the 2.3 engine needs a bit of work and its fun to do hood down the engine is pretty tuneful.

2009 Z4 23Sdrive heated red leather satellite navigation

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:24 pm

ruggedscot, thank you for your comments, most appreciated - when you say look at my tyres can you see something of concern ?

19's were not on my wish list, but thought they suited the car as it had everything else i wanted. I will definately look at a change though when the time comes to non runflats - what can you recommend?

Lovely looking zed you have too :D

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:28 pm

RX-78 wrote:Nice colour! That was my wife's favorite.

It's interesting to see the comparison with the TT. Z4 has the advantage of going topless of course :lol:
Exactly - if audi had a folding hard top i just might not be on here any more :rofl:

jmb

Post by jmb » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:59 am

Hi! Similar to mine, (well, in colour, wheels, engine...) although my interior is dark ash and beige leather :)

mal_by

Post by mal_by » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:35 pm

Welcome! It looks great, glad to see you chose the best colour combo ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E89 sDrive 35i Manual / Deep Sea Blue with Black Leather

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:12 pm

Thanks for all your comments. I dont think i could keep the cream interior clean for a number of years, and dont care for red for myself. but that is red anything :D

Can anyone reccomend a wind deflector please?

hopz121
Lifer
Lifer

Post by hopz121 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:44 pm

Looks lovely enjoy the zed :thumbsup:
2004 BMW E46 M3 Coupe - Manual - Silver Grey
2017 BMW F31 318d M-Sport - Auto - Glacier Silver
2007 Porsche Cayman 2.7 - Manual - Arctic Silver
2003 Renault Clio 172 Cup - Blue
2003 BMW E85 Z4 3.0i - Gone
2008 BMW E90 330i SE - Gone

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:08 pm

I will do, chuffed to bits that he's my daily driver now :driving: :driving:

debonair

Post by debonair » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:14 pm

Good call! I much prefer my Zed to the the TT that I had. I think you made the right decision :D

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:01 pm

jmb wrote:Hi! Similar to mine, (well, in colour, wheels, engine...) although my interior is dark ash and beige leather :)
Yes , just like yours :rofl:

ruggedscot

Post by ruggedscot » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:43 pm

Oh the Zeed decision - I was put into a position that would allow me to purchase a toy. something that Id never had before and wanted to enjoy... You only live once as they say.... Id done a bit of looking around before going for the Z4. Had a run in the TT tried a 3.2 quattro and a 2.0 TSI. looked at the coupe and the convertible - Audi do interiors that are stunning. Ive got an A6 a 2006 model and its interior is good. the hewn from granite style that they seem to have mastered.

The 4 wheel drive felt unburstable and that it would get the power down well. Liked it. Tried a GT86 but getting in was aborted too big for that car. Liked the 3.2 as it felt powerful and the lack of turbo the power felt linear. the tsi felt a little whoomp as the turbo came in and well I didnt much like that.

Looked at a volvo C70 and then a few saabs - the saabs were nice but getting long in the tooth now, still like em and they had 4 seats. but that dreaded fabric roof. The volvo that was getting close, almost.... but well just a bit cloth cap and tweed jacket....

Looked at an SLK and those tended to be a little basic inside around the 2008 - 2010 period they seemed to be built to a price and having a test drive in one the seat adjuster broke and that put me off.... but the Z it kept reeling me in. still a drive in an SLK 55 AMG did it big time..... till I saw the running costs.

Id wanted a convertible and well the coupe felt more secure and then the Z4 with the folding roof was the best of both with no compromise. Coupe with the roof up or roadster with the roof down..... getting the right spec. found the 23sdrives tended not to have the toys and I was a bit worried about getting a 35 as those tended to have the auto tranny and Im not a fan of self shifters. go to the manual and these tended to be basic without the toys.

Had a few to go and see and one turned up locally so went to see it and bought it. love it. had it over a year now and still smile when I get in it.
2009 Z4 23Sdrive heated red leather satellite navigation