Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

35i on Bridgestone run flats anyone got one?

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
andya1

Re: 35i on Bridgestone run flats anyone got one?

Post by andya1 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:35 am

dario wrote:
andya1 wrote:
Stark wrote:I've never had my old 35i tramline.....

Do you have any pics or spec on it?
Well that's great then as I am happy to keep them on.

I don't have any pictures as it is still with the BMW dealer as they need to sort a few little bits out on it, as for spec I don't know the exact spec but I can tell you what it does have :)

Sapphire black
Red leather
Heated electric seats
Professional sat nav
DCT auto box
Wind deflector
Some sort of lighting that lights up the door handles etc
19 inch 296 wheels

I would have to check on any other bits but it has what was important to me which was the DCT box the heated seats and the sat nav

It is a 2009 35i and done 23,400 miles

and honestly the way I felt in it and the way it drove was just fab :thumbsup: I am so looking forward to getting to know the car and hopefully I can pick it up next weekend.
The cabin is immaculate it looks like new and what a lovely cabin it is, so modern and just lovely :D
make sure you road test it roof up and down before you sign on the line. mine took best part of 2 years to sort out all of the creaks and rattles in the cockpit! that way at least they are committed to fix it as it won't be covered by the BMW used car warranty.
The trouble is you can start worrying about so many things as I didn't even think about rattles in the cabin but I am sure it will be fine as that is the first I have read about that!

Garvin

Post by Garvin » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:48 pm

I have the Bridgestone runflats on my 35is with 19" rims and the adaptive suspension.

Ride quality/comfort is fine - I think the M sport adaptive suspension helps enormously here over the conventional 'sport' suspension.

Grip is fine in the summer months whether dry or wet but not so great in the cold weather, even when it's dry. I notice a significant drop off in grip when the ambient temperature drops below ~7C. It will wag its tail quite a lot and the traction light sparks into life quite a lot on spirited straight line acceleration. When its damp/wet and cold extreme care/caution needs to be observed! The runflats also have a tendency to skip/hop across broken surfaces when cornering - not a significant problem but does indicate a limitation of the runflats.

My absolute tyre of choice, and as recommended by others in previous posts, is the Michelin Pilot Super Sport. I fitted these all round to my F355 and just can't fault them - ride comfort is good with low noise levels and the grip available is nothing short of astonishing.
Considering Ordered Received 35is - Melbourne Red / Ivory White with lots of bells & whistles. Deep Sea Blue replacement 35is now also departed. Replaced by something more brash, more powerful and American!

andya1

Post by andya1 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:28 pm

Garvin wrote:I have the Bridgestone runflats on my 35is with 19" rims and the adaptive suspension.

Ride quality/comfort is fine - I think the M sport adaptive suspension helps enormously here over the conventional 'sport' suspension.

Grip is fine in the summer months whether dry or wet but not so great in the cold weather, even when it's dry. I notice a significant drop off in grip when the ambient temperature drops below ~7C. It will wag its tail quite a lot and the traction light sparks into life quite a lot on spirited straight line acceleration. When its damp/wet and cold extreme care/caution needs to be observed! The runflats also have a tendency to skip/hop across broken surfaces when cornering - not a significant problem but does indicate a limitation of the runflats.

My absolute tyre of choice, and as recommended by others in previous posts, is the Michelin Pilot Super Sport. I fitted these all round to my F355 and just can't fault them - ride comfort is good with low noise levels and the grip available is nothing short of astonishing.
Thanks Garvin that is quite a positive response and I will leave them on and see how it goes as when I buy the car probably next weekend I don't want the expense of replacing all 4 tyres.

jamesbond

Post by jamesbond » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:39 pm

Hi Andya1

this is what I will do with our 3.5is e89 ... same thoughts as you

regards
Born in Yorkshire ended up in Essex .. 35is Mel red now sold
Own 2 big cats (F type & XE S supercharged) looking for a z4 Hobby Car

z4 3.0i 03 - Z4 3.0i 04 - Z4 3.0i 05 - Z4 3.0i 03 - Z3M (s54) 03 Man - Z4M 06 - Z4M 06 - Z4M 07 -
Z4 35is 2014

AndyJ

Post by AndyJ » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:17 pm

Stark wrote:Nice.....I love the electric seats !!!! Remember you can play movies on the DVD player when the car is stationary
I remember many years ago when the first DVD based Sat Nav's came out. Everyone thought "DVD excellent, must try movies". But if you did then it would swallow the disc, lock the unit and had to go back to the factory to get it out.

At the time it was the forum equiv of putting diesel in a petrol car. :D One every fortnight would try it.
Z Current -- Z4 35 IS (Valencia Orange) -- 1/3/15
Z History -- Z3 2.8 (Atlanta Blue). Z3MR (Estoril Blue). Z4 3.0 (Sterling Grey). Z4M (Carbon Black). E89 35i MS(Sapphire Black)