Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Interior trim removal?

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
The_Dude

Re: Interior trim removal?

Post by The_Dude » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:15 pm

That's ok. Whatever help you can provide in the way of screen shots and details is brilliant. Do you think it looks manageable for a keen amateur?
E89 23i M Sport, Saphire Black, Canberra Beige Leather.
Mods: De-badged, blue callipers, gloss black LCI's and roll over hoops, black performance grills, stubby aerial, rear carbon diffuser, gunmetal powdercoated alloys, custom stainless cat back exhaust.

E89_Gaz

Post by E89_Gaz » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:37 pm

Yep, a few of us have had the trims out for various reasons... You should consider buying a set of trim removal tools if you haven't already, they are relatively cheap and make the job much safer and easier.

I have these which do the job: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listin ... dition=new

The_Dude

Post by The_Dude » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:13 pm

pdk42 wrote:Let me know if you're looking to sell the carbon effect trim once it's out!
Have had the wood trim in, only £120 by German Autocare in Pudsey. Fantastic service and less than the cost of an hours labour at the BMW garage. I've replied to the PM i had but if he's no longer interested i'll let you know. Failing that i'll put it on the classified page.
E89 23i M Sport, Saphire Black, Canberra Beige Leather.
Mods: De-badged, blue callipers, gloss black LCI's and roll over hoops, black performance grills, stubby aerial, rear carbon diffuser, gunmetal powdercoated alloys, custom stainless cat back exhaust.