Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

OIL and capacity

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
NZZ4

OIL and capacity

Post by NZZ4 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:59 am

Hi guys, have been watching this forum for a bit now and this is my 1st post as I have FINALLY purchased my Z4 after some months of looking.
I'm in Lower Hutt New Zealand and am bringing in a 2009 2.5 HL in Crimson red/black leather direct from Japan.
I have saved quite a few bucks importing it myself thru an agent and it arrives in about TWO weeks an as summer is just around the corner here, I CAN'T WAIT"
Anyway, one of the 1st things I want to do is a Oil and Filter change. To this point, what oil do you guys use/recommend and whats the engine oil capacity with a new filter.
Am also going to replace the Run Flats but due to budget constraints, any recommendations on the best mid priced tyres.
A pre-emptive thanks.
JC

JustCruzin

Re: OIL and capacity

Post by JustCruzin » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:10 pm

Hello and welcome :)

I bet you cannot wait, must be very exciting! Search is your friend on this forum and should direct to the answers you need. In the mid priced non-RFTs I think Falken have been pretty good. I use Castrol Edge oil 0W-30W.

Hope your zed arrives very shortly.

Cheers JC :D

AlanJ
Lifer
Lifer

Re: OIL and capacity

Post by AlanJ » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:27 pm

Hi and welcome to the Forum :thumbsup:

Castrol Edge as JC says. 6.5 litres including the oil filter :)

http://www.datateck.com.au/lube/castr_au/default.asp
///M tri colour steering wheel, mud flaps and loads of other extras! ZHP illuminated gear lever..... Pre Purchase Checks,Getting the Best out of Dealers http://www.bmwz4roadster.net