Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

BMW performance Power Kit for 35i

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Visionist

BMW performance Power Kit for 35i

Post by Visionist » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:10 pm

The 35is comes as standard with a larger, more powerful radiator fan and an auxiliary radiator. I see these parts are available for the 135i and 335i in the form of a "BMW Performance Pack" that also includes an ECU reflash I believe.

Has anybody retrofitted the 35is pack to the 35i and what benefits did the upgrade bring?
2011 35i "Il Cammello" - Orion Metallic / Pure White Design - Almost Fully Loaded

Brasseye

Re: BMW performance Power Kit for 35i

Post by Brasseye » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:39 pm

The extra radiator is for oil ?
and the bigger fan goes on the existing water radiator ?

Maniac
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Maniac » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:58 pm

I already have this on my 35i as stock? I read that some markets don't get it, others do. I guess the markets where they expect people to be picky or give the car more of a lashing?

Brasseye

Post by Brasseye » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:00 pm

Brasseye wrote:The extra radiator is for oil ?
and the bigger fan goes on the existing water radiator ?
The 35i already has an oil radiator so the new one is bigger to replace the existing one ?

Visionist

Post by Visionist » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:59 pm

I'm guessing the newer one supplements the main one once a certain temperature is reached: it appears to connect to the coolant circuit. The oil radiator is probably on the other side of the car (I've heard some 35i cars didn't have one? That would suck! When I was a lad (still am really :D ) I remember oil radiators meant "racecar" and I always wanted a car with one, as well as a gearbox radiator, I'm weird ahaha).

Temperatures here in summer can reach forty degrees Celcius, so I'd definitely be wanting the extra cooling, bumper-to-bumper in direct sunlight, the aircon powered up to keep the sweat at bay sat in those Kansas beige seats...

...too much information? :P I'll have to see if the car I'm after has anything pertinent... it's running 34 more ponies according to the seller... probably a remap...
2011 35i "Il Cammello" - Orion Metallic / Pure White Design - Almost Fully Loaded