Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Wheels upgrades

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Tricky Dicky

Re: Wheels upgrades

Post by Tricky Dicky » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:34 pm

stereohype wrote:Did anyone find out anything more about those wheels and if they're any good?
No one came back to me re these wheels ,shame as I think are by far the best looking I've seen,I love the deep dish effect .there is a company calle BM auto sport who do the avant garde 19 "m355 style wheel which is very similar in appearance with a slight difference, I prefer the F10 M5's mentioned previously bloody awesome :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
2013 E89 Z4 2.0L M Spec titanium silver,black leather,comfort pack, 19" 326 alloys ,I love this car. :driving:

Leoair

Post by Leoair » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:54 am

These are 19 inch. 19X9 in the rear 19X8 im the front.
2012 Z4 sDrive35i, M Sport

FabZ4

Post by FabZ4 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:38 pm

ronk wrote:On an E89 there's nothing wrong with runflats!
When I need new rubber, that's what will go on again.
You're right there is no need but I am enjoying a much better experience having switched to Goodyear F1's
3.0i black sapphire, coral red leather heated sports seats, auto, paddles, 293 alloys, bluetooth, elec fold mirrors, auto lights.wipers, PDC

Tricky Dicky

Post by Tricky Dicky » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:09 am

FabZ4 wrote:
ronk wrote:On an E89 there's nothing wrong with runflats!
When I need new rubber, that's what will go on again.
You're right there is no need but I am enjoying a much better experience having switched to Goodyear F1's
It's personal preference the run flats mean as I've said before ,my wife won't be on the phone at night moaning she's stuck on the hard shoulder of the motor way in the non stop perpetual rain with a flat tyre ,or you fit NRF ,s and pack some foam or what ever, for the possibility of a flat , you should bear in mind though the foam makes a right mess inside your wheel arch after you have driven a few miles ,I've had it with a rear tyre on my company car ,it is quite difficult to remove .BMW fit them for a reason ,to save space in your car I think ,it's not their fault a lot of our roads ,like most things here are crap . :thumbsdown: I know of one alloy wheel supplier who won't fit RFT to alloys just because our roads are rubbish , RFT I think are designed for flat smooth well maintained roads ,so that's the UK ruled out then !!!!! ,this is why some suppliers refuse to fit / warranty their alloy wheels with RFT in this country .
2013 E89 Z4 2.0L M Spec titanium silver,black leather,comfort pack, 19" 326 alloys ,I love this car. :driving:

hiltonfa

Post by hiltonfa » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:44 am

Had this setup on my car for the last two years, no problems also lowered on H&R springs. Running normal tires 235x35x19 Front offset 25mm and 265x30x19 Rear offset 35mm

The_Dude

Post by The_Dude » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:06 pm

How do you find the ride on the h&r's? And what about the ground clearance on any slight ramps?
E89 23i M Sport, Saphire Black, Canberra Beige Leather.
Mods: De-badged, blue callipers, gloss black LCI's and roll over hoops, black performance grills, stubby aerial, rear carbon diffuser, gunmetal powdercoated alloys, custom stainless cat back exhaust.

hiltonfa

Post by hiltonfa » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:25 pm

The_Dude wrote:How do you find the ride on the h&r's? And what about the ground clearance on any slight ramps?
The ride is good, can be a bit bouncy on rough roads at low speeds, the improvement in handling is well worth it. With regards to ramps and speed humps is to proceed with caution :D normally just take them at an angle and it's fine.

Tricky Dicky

Post by Tricky Dicky » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:38 pm

hiltonfa wrote:Had this setup on my car for the last two years, no problems also lowered on H&R springs. Running normal tires 235x35x19 Front offset 25mm and 265x30x19 Rear offset 35mm
Are these 5 series F10 M5 spyder avant garde wheels made by Riva wheels in holland I mentioned these in a previous post I think they are superb I love the deep dished effect , are you sure the tyres don't rub on those lowered springs ,your car looks superb with those wheels.

hiltonfa

Post by hiltonfa » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:27 am

@ Tricky Dicky, can't be sure they the same one's you mentioned, bought these from a local dealer who I always use for tires and rims, he only deals with the top brands, went in looking for new wheels and he showed me these which he had just imported, don't see any markings on them besides the normal width and offset.
Definitely no rubbing with the springs fitted.