Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Verge of ordering!

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
xpar1

Verge of ordering!

Post by xpar1 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:24 am

Just been talking to the dealer on the phone with regards to ordering for March delivery, he had a word with his business manager and they have told me if I order today at todays deals and the deals then change before collecting the car they are able to go back into the system and change the deal for the better one! Also if the deal goes worse then obviously I'm protected as I'd keep the current deal. Something to do with the deals being kept live for 90 days, as long as they keep going back into them they can update them and keep them valid! Anyone experience this before?

The other thing we talked about was spec: I said 20i M-sport with comfort pack & auto box. He said obviously your choice, but if it were him on this type of car he'd go for a £2k saving and have the manual box and just spend a bit more on upgrades such as the 19" alloys.

He's calling me back in a bit with prices/deals on both options.

Got my Broadspeed prices in front of me lol :D
'Enjoy Your Life Today, Because Yesterday Has Gone And Tomorrow May Never Come...'

JustCruzin

Re: Verge of ordering!

Post by JustCruzin » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:42 am

Hey hope you clinch an awesome deal. Comfort pack is a must. Squeeze as much as you can from dealer. Good luck.

JC :D

moo

Post by moo » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:29 pm

Be interested what you pay in the end. I'm looking for the same apart from the comfort pack. Probably get just the cruise control, wind deflector and heated seats/steering wheel as extras. Lived without parking sensors long enough so can do without.

xpar1

Post by xpar1 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:19 pm

cruise control = £255
wind deflector = £215
heated seats = £325
Total £795

or get the comfort pack which includes wind deflector, Interior dimming mirror & exterior folding/auto dimming, extra storage compartments, parking sensors front & rear, cruise control with brake function and extended lighting for £1430. The £600 extra is worth it even if it just saves you from one scraped bumper!
'Enjoy Your Life Today, Because Yesterday Has Gone And Tomorrow May Never Come...'

xpar1

Post by xpar1 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:41 pm

Called back with a price which was £5k more than Broadspeed, mentioned it and he said he'd call me back....no call.

Looks like I'll be having a weekend up north to get the Zed as they seem to 'advertise' the best prices without trying to knock them down, £25941 for the car and then just whatever options I want.

moo

Post by moo » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:06 pm

xpar1 wrote:cruise control = £255
wind deflector = £215
heated seats = £325
Total £795

or get the comfort pack which includes wind deflector, Interior dimming mirror & exterior folding/auto dimming, extra storage compartments, parking sensors front & rear, cruise control with brake function and extended lighting for £1430. The £600 extra is worth it even if it just saves you from one scraped bumper!
Ive been thinking about it but still undecided. I've never had sensors or scraped a bumper before, but I haven't driven this type of car before either.

Where abouts is the broadspeed dealer? Enquired at Carfile but they're in Midlands which about 4 hours drive.
Last edited by moo on Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jasey

Post by Jasey » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:27 pm

Broadspeed.com is a broker. If you go to their website you should try to get dealers to match the prices.

RoyE

Post by RoyE » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:31 pm

When you have driven the new auto, you won't go back.
28i M Sport / Auto / Deep Sea Blue - Beige leather / Comfort and Pro Media Packs

matsmith749

Post by matsmith749 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:44 pm

RoyE wrote:When you have driven the new auto, you won't go back.
Unless you try a DCT equipped car.

Auto when you want it to be / manual when you want it to be.

No better gearbox on a car IMHO.
From Jan 2023 2016 e89 Z4 35is / mineral white / coral red interior / all the extras
SOLD 2010 e89 Z4 35is / space grey / coral red interior / all the extras
SOLD 2007 e85 Z4 3.0 si sport / midnight blue / champagne interior

Angie4m
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Angie4m » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:56 pm

matsmith749 wrote:
RoyE wrote:When you have driven the new auto, you won't go back.
Unless you try a DCT equipped car.

Auto when you want it to be / manual when you want it to be.

No better gearbox on a car IMHO.
+1 on that. The DCT is smooth as silk, even my other half as a passenger comments on the fact you can't feel the gear changes. New 8 speed auto is a great improvement over the previous 6 speed and all autos have the manual mode but it's just smoother with DCT.

But unless the buyer is going for a 35i or 35is they won't be investing in a DTC unfortunately. However my last BM was an auto, 6 speed and something I never thought I would have in my car, 5 years later I upgrade to another auto all be it a very vast improvement but I get RoyE's point, once you've driven and lived with a BMW auto box you'll probably never go back
Deep Sea Blue sDrive35is - I LOVE IT! Best car I've ever owned :) - Gone
RRS V8 Supercharged - Gone
Abarth 595 Competizione - Gone
Yas Marina Blue M4 Coupe - Gone

Current:
Protonic Blue i8
Amethyst 997
F56 JCW Challenge (19 of 52)

Still Shy and retiring

envy

Post by envy » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:54 pm

the 8 speed auto is fab..... having had the dct, i prefer the 8 speed auto, when going from reverse to forwards or vice versa in dct, the car rolls forwards or backwards as it selects gear, this annoys the crap outta me. you dont get this at all in the 8 speed as it is either in the forwards or reverse gear, not dawdling and deciding what its doing whilst the car is moving in the direction of the slope. it may be silky smooth when going through the gears but you would of thought they would of got the basics right!

Angie4m
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Angie4m » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:30 pm

How strange, have you tried another DTC vehicle? Inky I reason I ask is I never have that issue and I need to reverse my car up a slope so change from drive to reverse pronto and have never experienced this, infact the car holds very well. I assume you have stopped the car completely before trying to shift?
Deep Sea Blue sDrive35is - I LOVE IT! Best car I've ever owned :) - Gone
RRS V8 Supercharged - Gone
Abarth 595 Competizione - Gone
Yas Marina Blue M4 Coupe - Gone

Current:
Protonic Blue i8
Amethyst 997
F56 JCW Challenge (19 of 52)

Still Shy and retiring

dr_john
Lifer
Lifer

Post by dr_john » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:42 pm

+1 for the 8 speed auto, smooth as silk, wouldn't be without it.

OP, don't dismiss the parking sensors (as you see to have), I find them invaluable especially the front ones, that long bonnet sticking out in front can make judging distance very hazardous.
Sapphire Black G29 2.0 MSport with Technology pack

envy

Post by envy » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:32 am

Angie4m wrote:How strange, have you tried another DTC vehicle? Inky I reason I ask is I never have that issue and I need to reverse my car up a slope so change from drive to reverse pronto and have never experienced this, infact the car holds very well. I assume you have stopped the car completely before trying to shift?
nope, this is the only dct i have ever had. yes i am completely stopped before changing gear etc. it just takes a few seconds to kick in i.e i stop, put it in reverse and then it dawdles/ creeps forwards before finally moving backwards or vice versa when going from reverse to first

i might have to pop into the dealer next weekend if this is not the norm

chasBMW

Post by chasBMW » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:42 pm

envy wrote:
Angie4m wrote:How strange, have you tried another DTC vehicle? Inky I reason I ask is I never have that issue and I need to reverse my car up a slope so change from drive to reverse pronto and have never experienced this, infact the car holds very well. I assume you have stopped the car completely before trying to shift?
nope, this is the only dct i have ever had. yes i am completely stopped before changing gear etc. it just takes a few seconds to kick in i.e i stop, put it in reverse and then it dawdles/ creeps forwards before finally moving backwards or vice versa when going from reverse to first

i might have to pop into the dealer next weekend if this is not the norm
No I dont have this issue either so sadly think you need to see dealer.
Valencia Orange 35is now gone but well remembered now Porsche Boxster GTS