Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

The Countdown has Begun

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Jasey

Re: The Countdown has Begun

Post by Jasey » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:23 pm

Avallon wrote:Direct with BMW. I would have had to drive from North Lincs to Hampshire to pick the car up if I went through the cheapest broker (Broadspeed). Price seems to have gone up v. slightly.
Try Aberdeenshire to Hampshire.

Still the Aberdeen dealers were offering a set of mud flaps at half price rather than 30% off the list price ;)

Z42b

Post by Z42b » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:00 am

Avallon wrote:Some will - not nearly all though :) I rang about six dealerships and only 1 bit.
Well I've got a contact in Scotland and one in the North West (so far) both have been very helpful with my initial inquiries. The place in Scotland always seem to have good deals advertised on their website...so you know that there is movement there lol. Currently they are doing a Z4 sDrive20i M Sport £379 down and £379 a month....I'd be happy with that and just pay for the options I wanted up front.

When the time comes to place my order I'll know what I can get one for (thanks to links from this site) so I'm not going to play the 'ping pong with the price game', they will get one chance to give me their best price and if I don't like it I walk. That may seem rather arrogant of me, but I don't wish to waste their time or mine. I did the same with a house I was renovating, I got a 'best price' off a guy for some windows & doors, another guy came along and beat his price by £1000 so he got the work. A few days later the first guy called and I told him I'd given the work to another guy as he was £1000 less, straight away he said "I'll do it for £1200 less than I first quoted" I told him that he was too late, if he had wanted the work in the first place he should have quoted me £1200 less to start!

I don't mind traveling TBH if it's a good deal, it's an excuse for a weekend away ;)

Avallon

Post by Avallon » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:11 pm

Jasey wrote:
Avallon wrote:Direct with BMW. I would have had to drive from North Lincs to Hampshire to pick the car up if I went through the cheapest broker (Broadspeed). Price seems to have gone up v. slightly.
Try Aberdeenshire to Hampshire.

Still the Aberdeen dealers were offering a set of mud flaps at half price rather than 30% off the list price ;)
*eek* they would probably have someone closer by... I guess BMW Aberdeen get plenty of oil money walking through the door.

Avallon

Post by Avallon » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:15 pm

Z42b wrote:
Avallon wrote:Some will - not nearly all though :) I rang about six dealerships and only 1 bit.
Well I've got a contact in Scotland and one in the North West (so far) both have been very helpful with my initial inquiries. The place in Scotland always seem to have good deals advertised on their website...so you know that there is movement there lol. Currently they are doing a Z4 sDrive20i M Sport £379 down and £379 a month....I'd be happy with that and just pay for the options I wanted up front.

When the time comes to place my order I'll know what I can get one for (thanks to links from this site) so I'm not going to play the 'ping pong with the price game', they will get one chance to give me their best price and if I don't like it I walk. That may seem rather arrogant of me, but I don't wish to waste their time or mine. I did the same with a house I was renovating, I got a 'best price' off a guy for some windows & doors, another guy came along and beat his price by £1000 so he got the work. A few days later the first guy called and I told him I'd given the work to another guy as he was £1000 less, straight away he said "I'll do it for £1200 less than I first quoted" I told him that he was too late, if he had wanted the work in the first place he should have quoted me £1200 less to start!

I don't mind traveling TBH if it's a good deal, it's an excuse for a weekend away ;)
Certainly one way of doing it. (some more offers to consider here: http://www.stratstone.com/new_offers/of ... argetedAt=)

Though...you might get a better deal by telling a dealer what you are willing to pay whilst making it clear you're ready to put down a holding deposit there and then.

Z42b

Post by Z42b » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:40 am

Yeah I've seen their deals before, a mate got a new mini for his wife off them a while back.
Avallon wrote:Though...you might get a better deal by telling a dealer what you are willing to pay whilst making it clear you're ready to put down a holding deposit there and then.
As a buyer you never tell anyone what you are willing to pay for something, as they will just let you have it for that even if they are able to do it for less! I've had many situations where I would have paid more for something than I actually did. It's a buyers market, don't be afraid to walk away!

Avallon

Post by Avallon » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:54 am

They key is to understand what you should be paying before going in. But lets just see what you end up paying for yours :)

Z42b

Post by Z42b » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:15 pm

Exactly, but I'm not going to tell them what I want to pay until the very last moment ;)

gazandjan

Post by gazandjan » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:58 pm

We swapped from September delivery from bradford to a August delivery from Leeds -got a better car (2l instead of 1.8l and better wheels) for same monthly payment and same last payment - bradford were crap at customer service !!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Avallon

Post by Avallon » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:17 pm

So...picked her up this morning. What a beast! I just love how it pulls in sixth on the motorway - no gear changes required. Also let it rip in third (once!) - scary how easy it is to break the law in this thing!

The whole experience with the unveiling of the car etc. did make me chuckle. Also got a free umbrella, thermos and notepad (yippie :p) as I had to wait for 15 mins when I went in to sign the finance paperwork. Not fussed about the items, but love the gesture.

Double thumbs up to Richard Hobson at Stratstone Hull (sorry couldn't resist a plug as he was really great and a nice counterpoint to the twonk of a business manager (no offence!))

gazandjan

Post by gazandjan » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:47 am

Enjoy - They only get better with driving :D

Avallon

Post by Avallon » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:58 am

ta :) hope the mpg improves - I thought someone on here mentioned 40-45mpg at 85mph - not even close!