Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Buying a 35is (newbie)

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
35isDreamer

Re: Buying a 35is (newbie)

Post by 35isDreamer » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:38 pm

i dont think you will have any to choose from as i literally had two choices last month, red or orange.... the orange was a very high spec and not quite the colour of my choice

unless the uk dealerships have had more in since then, im pretty sure the orange one would of gone by now
Well I asked my local dealer to do a search, and they only have a single orange one available nationally. So might be the same one.

I'm getting a quote for a new car. Lets see what they say.
2013 Z4 35is Deep Sea Blue.

mwadZ4

Post by mwadZ4 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:49 pm

35isDreamer wrote:
i dont think you will have any to choose from as i literally had two choices last month, red or orange.... the orange was a very high spec and not quite the colour of my choice

unless the uk dealerships have had more in since then, im pretty sure the orange one would of gone by now
Well I asked my local dealer to do a search, and they only have a single orange one available nationally. So might be the same one.

Keep us updated :)

Greer4411

Post by Greer4411 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:35 pm

35isDreamer wrote:

Ask them what lead time they showing for one, as im sure you have read on my post. was told sept sometime and then over the weekend the system now says all orders are Dec. Im waiting on my dealer to speak to bmw and get some clarification. As i might be pulling out if its Dec.

35isDreamer

Post by 35isDreamer » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:35 pm

Ask them what lead time they showing for one, as im sure you have read on my post. was told sept sometime and then over the weekend the system now says all orders are Dec. Im waiting on my dealer to speak to bmw and get some clarification. As i might be pulling out if its Dec.
8-12 weeks apparently. But that was an off the cuff comment I suspect without rigour.

Stan1970

Post by Stan1970 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:52 pm

Nezzy33 wrote:
Z42b wrote:Apart from the engine is there any difference between the 20i & 28i? Seems rather a big jump in price for a 'tuned' engine.
Errr....that's the whole point isn't it?
That's like saying there's a big jump in price between a 116d and a 125d. Of course there is......it's a better car. :wink:

There's no comparison between the 20i and the 28i. You get nearly 60bhp more in the 28i without having to "tune" it, which would probably invalidate your warranty anyway.

I got my 28i for less than £24,500 as a pre-registered with 7 miles on it.
Ummmm - the 2.8, 2.0 and 1.8 are the same engine! - just tuned differently - I agree a lot of money to spend for just a different tuning map - oh you do get dual climate control on the 2.0 and 2.8 and not on the 1.8 - I dont think the difference in prices is justified myself as for the "its a better car" - if it has the same engine that can be tuned you are basically paying the difference for the fact that it has a BMW warranty as BMW have done the tuning for you. Personaly I think this is a con but its the way things are going and i wont be tuning my 1.8 to invalidate the warranty.
Stan

2013 1.8 M sport in Mineral Grey - Comfort Pack - 19" mSport alloys - Heated Seats - Black Leather - Smokers Pack :) AND Stubby!

Stan1970

Post by Stan1970 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:56 pm

I may have this wrong but on the what car magazine page it shows the 116d as a 1600 cc and the 125 as a 2000 cc engine - if so the comparison above is wrong as the z4 1.8, 2.0 and 2.8 all have a 2.0 engine
Stan

2013 1.8 M sport in Mineral Grey - Comfort Pack - 19" mSport alloys - Heated Seats - Black Leather - Smokers Pack :) AND Stubby!

35isDreamer

Post by 35isDreamer » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:01 pm

So dealer has offered to match the BroadSpeed price for this spec without any attempt to negotiate £37.9k. Not bad for a £51.6k RRP car.

(Deep sea blue, Kansas beige, Fineline anthracite wood, 326 M alloy wheel, Comfort package, Comfort access, Steering wheel heating, Loudspeaker system - BMW Prof, Media package - BMW Prof).

They've also knocked £1k off the advertised price of a 2013 13k used one, which is a similar spec. £32k

So presumably a good negotiator with spare time could find even better deals out there.

Jasey

Post by Jasey » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:21 pm

35isDreamer wrote:
So dealer has offered to match the BroadSpeed price for this spec without any attempt to negotiate £37.9k. Not bad for a £51.6k RRP car.

(Deep sea blue, Kansas beige, Fineline anthracite wood, 326 M alloy wheel, Comfort package, Comfort access, Steering wheel heating, Loudspeaker system - BMW Prof, Media package - BMW Prof).

They've also knocked £1k off the advertised price of a 2013 13k used one, which is a similar spec. £32k

So presumably a good negotiator with spare time could find even better deals out there.
Is that a factory order or a car in stock somewhere ?

Waiting to hear from BMW what's happening with my order and if they say wait til December for build I might have to jump ship !

connlach

Post by connlach » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:37 pm

I got 11.5k off the list on a 2.8i from John clark in Dundee for a pcp deal for aanyone looking in Scotland

35isDreamer

Post by 35isDreamer » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:33 pm

Jasey wrote: Is that a factory order or a car in stock somewhere ?

Waiting to hear from BMW what's happening with my order and if they say wait till December for build I might have to jump ship !
Factory order. The only stock one available is the orange one that I think you rejected (I haven't seen the spec, but I am not allowed white, red or orange according to SWMBO)

What would you jump ship to?

Jasey

Post by Jasey » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:39 pm

35isDreamer wrote:
Jasey wrote: Is that a factory order or a car in stock somewhere ?

Waiting to hear from BMW what's happening with my order and if they say wait till December for build I might have to jump ship !
Factory order. The only stock one available is the orange one that I think you rejected (I haven't seen the spec, but I am not allowed white, red or orange according to SWMBO)

What would you jump ship to?
That's the problem - the only direct competitor I'd consider just now is the SLK 55 but it's a fair bit more ££££.

Do you know who has the orange one in stock - might just punt them an e-mail to see if a deal can be done :)

Z42b

Post by Z42b » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:39 pm

Nezzy33 wrote:
Z42b wrote:Apart from the engine is there any difference between the 20i & 28i? Seems rather a big jump in price for a 'tuned' engine.
Errr....that's the whole point isn't it?
Errr no! The reason why I asked if there were any other differences is because a 'book price' of an extra £4k seems a bit excessive for some tuning on the same engine if everything else is the same on/within the car! Apparently if you go from the 18i to the 20i you get a few things extra such as leather and climate control which warrants the extra cash, hence why I asked if there was anything extra when going up from the 20i to the 28i.
Nezzy33 wrote:That's like saying there's a big jump in price between a 116d and a 125d. Of course there is......it's a better car.
I'm sorry but it's nothing like saying the same! I'd be expecting to pay more as one is a 1598cc engine and the other is a 1995cc engine, plus the 125d has a lot more spec on the car, so for a bigger engine and more spec you would expect to pay more!

35isDreamer

Post by 35isDreamer » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:17 pm

Jasey wrote: Do you know who has the orange one in stock - might just punt them an e-mail to see if a deal can be done :)
Sorry no idea - I didn't ask. How much is a respray from orange to blue?! Thats how much of a discount I'd need!

Jasey

Post by Jasey » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:37 pm

35isDreamer wrote:
Jasey wrote: Do you know who has the orange one in stock - might just punt them an e-mail to see if a deal can be done :)
Sorry no idea - I didn't ask. How much is a respray from orange to blue?! Thats how much of a discount I'd need!
LOL - Thanks anyway. Will maybe get my stealer to do a search :).

envy

Post by envy » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:49 pm

all main dealers share the same stock list. so pop into any and ask them to do a search on what is available. mine was with a dealer in cheshire and was trailored to derby where the deal was done