Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

35iS Shock Absorber Control Disrupted or failed

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
SO8

35iS Shock Absorber Control Disrupted or failed

Post by SO8 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:11 pm

Well, I went out earlier and the car coughed but cleared itself - I get half way home and the warning light comes on showing a shock absorber symbol.

It will have to go back to BMW for the second time in the 3 weeks I have owned it ... I am not happy as I love the car but this is trying my patience now.

Anyone have any idea what this is likely to be ? BMW assist won't come out as it is still driveable but suggest I just turn up at the dealers in the morning unannounced and ask them to sort ! This was BMW assists suggestion after I pointed out the last time my dealer wanted me to wait 2 weeks before they would look at it.
Current : BMW M240i Convertible in black and a Smart Fortwo diesel in white :)
Previous : BMW 35iS in Mineral White and an Mercedes AMG A45 in black

SO8

Re: 35iS Shock Absorber Control Disrupted or failed

Post by SO8 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:40 pm

Car checked by local BMW dealer - ECU for adaptive suspension found to be faulty and new one on order for tomorrow morning.

Best that goes while it is in warranty !! I bet it is expensive. Car hopefully ready tomorrow night.

envy

Post by envy » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:05 pm

im guessing everything on the 35is is expensive.... lets hope that is the last of your woes :)

SO8

Post by SO8 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:21 pm

envy wrote:im guessing everything on the 35is is expensive.... lets hope that is the last of your woes :)
Indeed ! Well, it is back and seems smoother after a raft of software upgrades ... but after a 320d it is going to seem smoother !

I am keeping everything crossed that it lets me build trust in it as it is such a lovely car :)