Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

35iS cost of oil change

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Re: 35iS cost of oil change

Post by flybobbie » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:05 pm

Why not just buy the oil yourself and get a local garage to do the change. Takes me about 10 minute once on a ramp.
2 x 5l Mobile I = £80 and the second bottle goes towards next change. Filter £8.

Nothing special, they are just cars!

I change at 10k, still looks like I'm throwing good money away when I see it drain away and looks almost like the stuff going in.
Might go to 15k.

Z4M-2006
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Z4M-2006 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:30 pm

Just went on main dealer discount...

Z4M is £125 for oil service..

New2Zed

Post by New2Zed » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:22 am

mr wilks wrote:Whether diesel or petrol i would change oil & filter every 8000 miles or 12 months whichever came around first , even if mileage was a few thousand as the car may have done many more cold starts & through winter condensation(moisture) can form inside engine .
£80 /£140 should cover a interim oil/filter change at decent indy :thumbsup:

Nice car Mr Wilks

A fellow Brera owner
2014 Z4 2.0. (driven by her in doors cos she thinks she looks pretty in it).
Range Rover Evoque (toss up between one of these and an X4)
Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglia

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:56 am

New2Zed wrote:
mr wilks wrote:Whether diesel or petrol i would change oil & filter every 8000 miles or 12 months whichever came around first , even if mileage was a few thousand as the car may have done many more cold starts & through winter condensation(moisture) can form inside engine .

Nice car Mr Wilks

A fellow Brera owner
Cheers mate , only had 4 weeks 250 miles so very much Alfa honeymoon period :oops: love the looks & cabin , bit more oooomph would be nice but i knew that when i bought it . Alfa forum a bit depressing as 9 out of 10 topics are problem's & its hard not to become paranoid so i only flirt around on a casual basis
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

New2Zed

Post by New2Zed » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:43 pm

mr wilks wrote:
New2Zed wrote:

Nice car Mr Wilks

A fellow Brera owner
Cheers mate , only had 4 weeks 250 miles so very much Alfa honeymoon period :oops: love the looks & cabin , bit more oooomph would be nice but i knew that when i bought it . Alfa forum a bit depressing as 9 out of 10 topics are problem's & its hard not to become paranoid so i only flirt around on a casual basis
Well, you need to view things in context Mr Wilks. There are loads more posts on the AO site despite there being far fewer Alfas than almost any other mark and Alfa drivers do like to talk about their cars. They are also more prepared to get their own hands oily so always have lots of questions.

I bought my Brera new eight years ago and it is the first car I have ever kept more than three years and the only real problem I have had with it is broken springs.

As you say, the 2.2 isn't the fastest, maybe you should have gone for the 3.2 V6, but then if you go too fast it is more difficult for people to admire it, which they will.

I find BMW ownership very different to Alfa ownership on so many levels but love both cars.

Apologies to everyone for going off thread.
2014 Z4 2.0. (driven by her in doors cos she thinks she looks pretty in it).
Range Rover Evoque (toss up between one of these and an X4)
Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglia