Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

New E89 Z4 35is photo's

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
andysat
Lifer
Lifer

Re: New E89 Z4 35is photo's

Post by andysat » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:12 am

Stunning!-colour coded or not :thumbsup:
Gone but not forgotten.
New ride silver e93.

gavinb

Post by gavinb » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:02 am

There you go again D using words I don't know the meaning of. :cry:

Z42b

Post by Z42b » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:30 am

Hi Gavin, love that colour but the wife's not having it :( TBH I prefer the half leather to the full leather, I've had it on other cars, good in the winter (not cold) and good in the summer (not sticky).

Do you mind me asking which dealership you used?

I live just outside Chester and wasn't impressed with Halliwell Jones in Chester, they kept us waiting in the showroom for ages! When I went to find the girl I had spoken to she was in the office laughing and joking with three of the sales guys! All I asked her to do was get the keys for the Z4 in the showroom to put the roof up so that the wife could see the boot space! It was the wifes first ever visit to a BMW showroom and she wasn't impressed!!!

gavinb

Post by gavinb » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:31 pm

Hi z42B,
Twas Halliwell Jones in Chester.
We have also had a bad experience in that dealer in the past. We were told we couldn't afford a car we were looking at. :o
Called the principle and got an apology, went in with cash in small denominations to pay for the car. Never dealt with that salesman again. He has since left.
Saw a guy called Andrew Ibell, who was very good. The dealer has certainly changed since we started visiting. This our 3rd car from them.
As for the seats they aren't full leather. The sides are leather and the centres are Alcantara.
Maybe not what you need but there are alternatives, but with this colour we are both very pleased with the interior.

jimmybell

Post by jimmybell » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:56 pm

gavinb wrote: We have also had a bad experience in that dealer in the past. We were told we couldn't afford a car we were looking at. :o
Hah - i hate that. Being judged by a car salesman...! I still get it now. Wonder why they think they're the judge of people's finances. Besides - mine are much worse than they should be :D.
A particular salesman at BMW Chiswick was the same.
V12 Vantage S - Hammerhead Silver, Manual, Lightweight Wheels, Exterior Carbon++, Carbon Buckets, AMR Performance Pack.
M135i LCI - ZF8, White, HK Audio, Adaptive
--
GONE Z4 M Coupe, Imola, CSLs
GONE C63 AMG, Black, Performance Pack+, LSD, HK

Jasey

Post by Jasey » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:02 pm

jimmybell wrote:
gavinb wrote: We have also had a bad experience in that dealer in the past. We were told we couldn't afford a car we were looking at. :o
Hah - i hate that. Being judged by a car salesman...! I still get it now. Wonder why they think they're the judge of people's finances. Besides - mine are much worse than they should be :D.
Once had an Audi salesman tell me "Oh we find these cars pretty much sell themselves" when asking about his best deal.

I said "Well it aint fcuking selling itself to me" and walked out.

KERMIT1970

Post by KERMIT1970 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:09 pm

Jasey wrote:
jimmybell wrote:
Once had an Audi salesman tell me "Oh we find these cars pretty much sell themselves" when asking about his best deal.

:rofl:
Cars: 2016 M4 vert YMB & X3m Comp. E30 325i Sport. Z3M

Gone
: 2014 z4 35is melbourne red & black leather
: 335d M sport Coupe Black with red leather
: z4 Coupe 3.0 si Red with Black Leather 18" CSL`s
: z3 2.2 sport

monkadill

Post by monkadill » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:30 pm

looks good but is it really a m///?
Stubby - Intravee - Cup holders - GapTech - Forum sticker - Gruppe M - H&R springs

jimmybell

Post by jimmybell » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:38 pm

monkadill wrote:looks good but is it really a m///?
Don't think it was claimed to be an M car (i think youll find 99% of this forum already knows this).. ?

He did say M Sport, implying the trim level - blame BMW for the stupid terminology.

EDIT: sorry - missed the side badge. kinda ignored it when i first looked at the pics, they're all over the 318d's these days.
Last edited by jimmybell on Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
V12 Vantage S - Hammerhead Silver, Manual, Lightweight Wheels, Exterior Carbon++, Carbon Buckets, AMR Performance Pack.
M135i LCI - ZF8, White, HK Audio, Adaptive
--
GONE Z4 M Coupe, Imola, CSLs
GONE C63 AMG, Black, Performance Pack+, LSD, HK

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:43 pm

Sales Wallah!

We got a similar treatment from a Merc dealer in Sunderland some years ago.
We went to buy my wife a 'C' class and arrived at the garage in my Disco 3 which was only six months old at the time. We were decently dressed and the fella was made aware that we didn't have anything to trade in nor did we need finance.

His attitude took a dive when he was asked about deals and availability of demonstrators.

We walked out and went to an Audi dealership and bought a 3.0 A4 Quattro.

A month or two later, merc fella called to ask If we were still looking for a car and when we told him we had gone Quattro he told us that the car we had bought was not a four wheel drive system!
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

gavinb

Post by gavinb » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:56 pm

monkadill wrote:looks good but is it really a m///?
Agree the ///M badge shouldn't be there. Also have an E46 M3 and get pee'd off seeing the badge on a car that clearly isn't.
I guess it the closest the Z4 is going to get to an ///M so I'll leave them on there.
At least others can only see them briefly as you pass them :evil:

gavinb

Post by gavinb » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:58 pm

:fuelfire:

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:16 pm

gavinb wrote:

:fuelfire:
I suppose good and bad in all places. :thumbsdown:
It's not good good service in a quality car dealership tho!
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

TonyP

Post by TonyP » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:25 pm

Love the colour & the black roof, leaves me wondering what an E85/6 would look like had it have been an option back then.

Z42b

Post by Z42b » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:00 pm

gavinb wrote:Hi z42B,
Twas Halliwell Jones in Chester.
We have also had a bad experience in that dealer in the past. We were told we couldn't afford a car we were looking at. :o
Thanks for that.

Happened with a friend of mine, we had just been for a training session and were both in our training gear! We went to Porsche on Cheshire Oaks, as we walked in we got the 'down the nose look' from a sales guy who had just walked out of the office, my mate was enquiring about a used Boxster he had seen advertised...the reply from the smug git "Are you sure a Boxster is for you? they aren't cheap", my mate just smiled and said "No it's not for me it's for my wife, I drive that" pointing to his 911 in the car park :D The look on the sales guys face was to die for.
gavinb wrote: As for the seats they aren't full leather. The sides are leather and the centres are Alcantara.
Maybe not what you need but there are alternatives, but with this colour we are both very pleased with the interior.
I know that the seats are half leather, that's what I was referring to...I like them ;)