Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Time to order?

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Z42b

Time to order?

Post by Z42b » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:59 pm

OK so I had a test drive today as the Z4 is on my shortlist of cars. I told the sales guy that I'm looking to order in a few months time, after I've seen & tested the new Audi TT which is due out Sept/October time. This puts me into the Sep-Dec quarter of deals, he didn't give a detailed reason as to why, but just said "Order January for March delivery". I tried to push him on why then rather than Nov/Dec and he just smiled and said again "Order January as that's the start of the new quarter and new deals". I tried another angle and asked if I ordered in the last quarter and then a better offer came in at the start of January before I had taken delivery what would happen, he replied with a smile "Unfortunately I'd be saying bad luck", then finished with "Order January", again I tried to push him if there was something he knew that would make for a better January deal, again he just smiled and said "January, people buy convertibles in the summer".

Anyone know if there is something special going on next year??? or is he just after a few more Z4 sales during the winter months? I do recall a deal a few years back when they switched the engines over to the latest ones and they were doing a £3k down and £300 a month on a PCP deal to get rid of the older engines and I'm sure that was the start of the year....wonder if something like that is on the cards again?!?!?

californiagirl

Re: Time to order?

Post by californiagirl » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:03 pm

When we ordered ours last month, we asked the same as the lease car we are replacing doesn't go back until December, however he assured us that nothing major was going to change although there may be a face lift as the car is half way through its cycle. Anyway we felt the deal they offered us was too good to miss and, if we like it, we are planning to keep it long long term so future value not such an issue. Hubby did say that BMW are working with Toyota, so we also decided to go for it now as may not like the face lift if it is a mix of Celica & Z4!

Angie4m
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Angie4m » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:28 pm

The car has already been 'face lifted' so it's not going to happen again. I think it's possibly speculation but also buying at that time of the year January/February time in the UK there is always lots of good deals. End of a registration period plus the weather is usually kak and that's when I buy when they want to sell them and give a good deal.

It could be that there will be no deal and that by putting you off you'll have to pay a bit more. Most dealerships don't know more than 3 months in advance on what offers bmw are doing so it's doubtful they know what's coming for January.

However if you order for March delivery then they make a new registration target, they'd probably give a better deal if you ordered in January for a 64 plate instead of a 15 plate
Deep Sea Blue sDrive35is - I LOVE IT! Best car I've ever owned :) - Gone
RRS V8 Supercharged - Gone
Abarth 595 Competizione - Gone
Yas Marina Blue M4 Coupe - Gone

Current:
Protonic Blue i8
Amethyst 997
F56 JCW Challenge (19 of 52)

Still Shy and retiring

Twin Turbo

Post by Twin Turbo » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:15 am

Hi

Well you can get an z4 @ £300 on an PCP, however most sales guys are more interested in hitting there numbers in the last quarter.

If they are doing well they make more commission, if they are not doing well even more keen.

If you could order and receive before Jan, I hostly believe you will get an great deal. However I do not know the promotions in Jan 2015 - but knowing how sales works across all industries Nov-Dec is the prime buying time. I was told that an large house builder, was offering buy one apartment, get the second free! - As it was there financial year end. ( I was told this by an lawyer who did the conveyancing)

I can not foresee any major engine changes, as they are standard across the range.
When I been talking to the stealer's, often the sales guys are clueless - and viewing forums often you can be better informed then them -

To play the game, you need to understand what makes them tick, try an build an relationship with them, understand how they get paid.
This is really important, as if helps to negotiate - you as they are targeted not on Profit only - but an whole number of key performance indicators. So the says guy could sell the car at an lower price, if you accepted another additional product - so it helps him out. And you - its not black an white.

Hope this has been clear,

Jasey

Post by Jasey » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:26 am

Get him to match this price and he can order it when he likes :)

https://www.broadspeed.com/CarView/BMW/ ... al_2_doors

envy

Post by envy » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:43 pm

dealers should match that price as they have done for a few people including myself already :)

Z42b

Post by Z42b » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:39 pm

Thanks for the link, that will come in handy ;) Looking to get one on a PCP deal, will they get out of the low rate APR by matching the prices on there?

metal licker
Lifer
Lifer

Post by metal licker » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:41 pm

Z42b wrote:Thanks for the link, that will come in handy ;) Looking to get one on a PCP deal, will they get out of the low rate APR by matching the prices on there?
Don't think the APR will change as that's set by BMW finance
718 4.0 GTS Boxster in YELLOW :driving:
718 Guards Red Boxster .........Gone!
A35 AMG saloon .........Gone!
JCW ...........Gone !
E89 35i Msport VO ................Gone !
E89 23i SE DSB ................Gone !

Hello to Jason Isaacs

TiffAnsell

Post by TiffAnsell » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:11 pm

definately going to go for buying in janurary as the number of buyers is low compared to the summer months so the sales guys will need to give a better deal to make sure they get the custom, it certainly works that way in used cars, almost like watching a commodity, sales are strong in summer for sports cars and convertibles, thats why the prices rise a little as there is a higher demand for them, then in the winter people have spent all their money on summer holidays and are gearing up to xmas so buying a new sports car is the least of their worries and thats why deals are at their sweetest, i've also read and watched that september october is statisticly the best time to buy as thats when the cars are at their lowest (used)... statistically. also this is only true of the consumer market, ie cars, houses, gadgets, clothes. industrial items like building wares and construction is probably more like the other way around as everyone wants to buy the gear early in the year to finish projects or secure materials for all the summer work or finishing for summer to sell.

... it's all my own opinion and and my view of the world, if i'm wron i'm wrong :)
3.0 2006 build 2007 reg coupe. "burnished" gold rep csl rims on goodyears

Jasey

Post by Jasey » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:05 pm

Z42b wrote:Thanks for the link, that will come in handy ;) Looking to get one on a PCP deal, will they get out of the low rate APR by matching the prices on there?
Should be able to get it on 4.9% apr PCP deal from BMW Financial services as stated above.

Angie4m
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Angie4m » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:56 pm

Jasey wrote:
Should be able to get it on 4.9% apr PCP deal from BMW Financial services as stated above.
Assuming your doing the deal now or in the not to distant future. In a couple of months these deals may not be available and their rate can change. It's also worth noting that just like all financial products it's subject to status and although they may provide you with credit they can offer you a different rate based on their criteria.

Also the current deals are only valid on orders placed from 1st June to 30th September and the car must be registered before 31st December. So come the end of next month the deal will possibly change.

Current:
Protonic Blue i8
Amethyst 997

Still Shy and retiring

Avallon

Post by Avallon » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:05 pm

You MIGHT be able to get a better deal, but bearing in mind you can already get approx 30% discount on a Z4 with 4.9% PCP - not sure how much more you will be able to save.

Z42b

Post by Z42b » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:16 pm

Angie4m wrote: Assuming your doing the deal now or in the not to distant future. In a couple of months these deals may not be available and their rate can change. It's also worth noting that just like all financial products it's subject to status and although they may provide you with credit they can offer you a different rate based on their criteria.
Thanks for the heads up, but there's no problem with the finance. I paid the mortgage off a couple of years back, credit card gets paid off in full each month and I have no loans, just to check I did a experian credit score online a few months back which came in at 998! so can't get much better lol. I did think about just buying the car, but was advised it's better just to do a PCP if I intend to switch them every 2-3 years.

Angie4m
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Angie4m » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:32 pm

Z42b wrote:
Angie4m wrote: Assuming your doing the deal now or in the not to distant future. In a couple of months these deals may not be available and their rate can change. It's also worth noting that just like all financial products it's subject to status and although they may provide you with credit they can offer you a different rate based on their criteria.
Thanks for the heads up, but there's no problem with the finance. I paid the mortgage off a couple of years back, credit card gets paid off in full each month and I have no loans, just to check I did a experian credit score online a few months back which came in at 998! so can't get much better lol. I did think about just buying the car, but was advised it's better just to do a PCP if I intend to switch them every 2-3 years.
If you do intend on flipping it after that time then yes best option as it will work out cheaper. You never know they may make the deals better after 30th September. They do tend to change them after the period they initially advised.

I'm sure a good deal can be had either way. However before the offer started in June the APR was 9.7% and sometimes they also vary the APR based on the model and make it model specific and if there is no offers as not all vehicles are given offers then they will vary the APRs. However once you've made up your mind what car your going to go for, if it is the Z4 the dealership will be able to provide you with the figures.

Maybe the dealership reckons that the offer will not be run again until January hence the advice from the dealer.

Current:
Protonic Blue i8
Amethyst 997

Still Shy and retiring

mwadZ4

Post by mwadZ4 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:31 pm

HI all - my first post after lingering around for the last year or so as a guest. I haven't got an E89 yet, but I am really wanting one.

There are some really good deals at the minute.
Stratstone BMW are offering a £9.5k dealer contribution on an Sdrive 28 :D