Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Spark plugs and ignition coils

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
RoyS

Spark plugs and ignition coils

Post by RoyS » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:56 pm

Where is the best place to get them from either standard or after market not sure how much is out there or if the make any difference at all. It's just a while back I had a misfire in cylinder 1 I solved the problem by switching the spark plugs in cylinder 6 and 1 but it came back the other day not sure if its the same thing but I did use a not as high quality fuel as I normally do (95 ron instead of 99) and the exhaust seems to gurgle so I'm looking at swaping te plugs and egbition coils out see if that resolves the dash light that appears now and then (usually goes out wen I turn the car on and off)

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Spark plugs and ignition coils

Post by flybobbie » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:18 pm

Think i got my plugs, iridium from BMW online ebay. Seemed as cheap as anyone else.
I would try plugs first.
Pull one at a time and check the colour for soot.
I changed my at 40k just for peace of mind but think they would have lasted 60k.

RoyS

Post by RoyS » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:31 pm

Im at 45k now maybe thats it last time I moved them around they did look ok I'll trythat first thanks for the reply

RoyS

Post by RoyS » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:36 am

So I moved just the ignition coils around in cylinders 1 and 6 problem fixed (probably temp) any one have any idea what it is at a guess the ignition coils tem selves maybe a dodgy connection?