Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

E89 35i remap

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
jimmybell

Re: E89 35i remap

Post by jimmybell » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:29 pm

Interesting thought - surely the new M3 will be open to some minor power boost with the turbos? Would be funny to see it with even MORE speed :/

I've fitted/removed a jb4 - didn't take that long (quite simple really). Interesting about the politics - i just understood the jb4 to be the kinda defacto standard of easy tuning options, and haven't heard any horror stories. If i had an e89 with DCT i'd be doing it :D
V12 Vantage S - Hammerhead Silver, Manual, Lightweight Wheels, Exterior Carbon++, Carbon Buckets, AMR Performance Pack.
M135i LCI - ZF8, White, HK Audio, Adaptive
--
GONE Z4 M Coupe, Imola, CSLs
GONE C63 AMG, Black, Performance Pack+, LSD, HK

R.E92

Post by R.E92 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:59 pm

I've read a little about the new M3 tuning.

Apparently it's a similar situation to the M5 in that the encryption is yet to be broken.
BMW put a lot of effort into stopping people fiddling with the new M3/4!

There was rumour of a leak that would lead to ECU remapping on those engines but I'm not sure anything has come of it yet.
I did read that to get the increased power in the new M3/4 they massively upped to boost to something like 18psi. Probably a bit of room for tuning but I can't imagine it will be as flexible as the n54. But then not many cars can push an extra 100bhp with only an ECU remap.

SO8

Post by SO8 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:50 pm

DMS and BMW Chiptune from Hayes can remap a new M5 ... I think they can do some but not all - depends on what software is fitted. The results are impressive apparently - not that the car is exactly lacking in power to begin with !!
Current : BMW M240i Convertible in black and a Smart Fortwo diesel in white :)
Previous : BMW 35iS in Mineral White and an Mercedes AMG A45 in black