Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Three things I've discovered this week about my Zed

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Sketchley

Three things I've discovered this week about my Zed

Post by Sketchley » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:20 pm

1. Driving home on Saturday night from preston down the M6, M5, M42, M40, M25 in some biblical weather probably the worst I've every driven in, I discovered it's not a problem at all in the wet. Ok I had to do 50mph in places but that was due to not being able to see more than 100ft and nothing to do with the zed.

2. The headlights have a "Z" pattern meaning they are setup for continential and UK driving without dazzelling other drivers. So no adjustments needed for trip to france in December and no stickers on headlight either.

3. I'm really pleased I took out tyre insurance having just had a rear replaced due to a slow puncture.

It's a fair cop...

Re: Three things I've discovered this week about my Zed

Post by It's a fair cop... » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:29 pm

see, every day is a school day 8)
...but society is to blame, guv
z4 18i m sport, auto, mineral white, black kansas, 19" style 326, hawaiian tropic in the glovebox
evoque 2.2 sd4 dynamic, manual, firenze red, ebony, 19" style 5, pano roof, wurthers originals in the glovebox

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:49 am

Sketchley wrote:
2. The headlights have a "Z" pattern meaning they are setup for continential and UK driving without dazzelling other drivers. So no adjustments needed for trip to france in December and no stickers on headlight either.

Let us know how you get on with a no sticker drive please. ( the E89 doesn't have the adjustment lever ) The last two years I've put beam deflectors on mine but they look awful!
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Sketchley

Post by Sketchley » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:24 am

ronk wrote:
Sketchley wrote:

Let us know how you get on with a no sticker drive please. ( the E89 doesn't have the adjustment lever ) The last two years I've put beam deflectors on mine but they look awful!
This is what service manager at dealer said
You have what is called ā€˜Zā€™ pattern headlights and there is no adjustment necessary for continental driving.
No idea if this is a 2013 lci thing or not, tonight I'll point it at a way an take a pic....

Maniac
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Maniac » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:09 am

Tbh as the xenon beam is flat I've never considered it needed adjustment.

brawnyblue

Post by brawnyblue » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:25 pm

Sketchley wrote:The headlights have a "Z" pattern meaning they are setup for continential and UK driving without dazzelling other drivers. So no adjustments needed for trip to france in December and no stickers on headlight either.
Has this been confirmed for all E89 (pre- and post LCI) with Xenons?

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:29 pm

No!

I went to my dealer and he gave me a copy of the BMW data sheet which says beam deflectors .
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup: