Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

GROUP BUY: ** Carbon Fiber & Fiberglass Side Skirt Extensions ** - ENDED 23/09/17

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
thanatu55

GROUP BUY: Carbon Fiber Side Skirt Extensions - Back to 1 more to start production!! Many more can join!

Post by thanatu55 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:53 am

Vanne wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:02 am Thx, yeah I'd like them without the rubber stripping on the edge, my APR splitter also had that and it didn't suit my car, so removed it, have had zero issues with it and love the much much cleaner look. One of the other pics you posted Jay, shows the stripping perfectly.. edit: picture number 3 on dubs car shows it. :)
I received an email back about the stripping along the edges which basically repeated what Silverzedtom said about it being there for protection. He did say that in a case where you end up damaging the edge you can then just replace the edging trim and they will look as good as new again, which leads me to believe that if you were so inclined you could probably remove it but it will be more prone to damage and might not look as 'finished'.

85genius

GROUP BUY: Carbon Fiber Side Skirt Extensions - Back to 1 more to start production!! Many more can join!

Post by 85genius » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:59 am

Just an idea (I'm not in for a set) but if there's a few UK guys buying why not get them shipped together and then send out from one place in the UK €60 is very expensive for shipping and doubt it would add much sending 3 or 4 sets vs 1 would be probably a tenner to ship within UK
Audi quattro driver :o
NOW SOLD - Ruby Black 3.0 SI Roadster :(
Previous - E85 2.5 Ti Silver - See avatar photo - R.I.P Destroyed by a Tranny

thanatu55

Post by thanatu55 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:50 am

85genius wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:59 am Just an idea (I'm not in for a set) but if there's a few UK guys buying why not get them shipped together and then send out from one place in the UK €60 is very expensive for shipping and doubt it would add much sending 3 or 4 sets vs 1 would be probably a tenner to ship within UK
It's an idea. I'm just going off the terms of the vendor. What would be your suggestion? Ship them to one member and have that member distribute them among the rest? Or would you have a certain distribution centre in mind that would handle that side of things?

This is all new to me, I was just in for one of my own before it became wider scale. I've really just become the middle man by default but I'm all for any opportunity to keep costs down. If anyone could provide a clear plan I'm happy to communicate things back to Antreas and see what can be done.

It also poses the question of anyone outside of the UK, which to my mind is only one at the moment, do they pay at full cost because there are no members near by to split costs? Maybe the total cost of all deliveries can be added together and then divided equally among the number of orders.

thanatu55

Post by thanatu55 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:03 pm

Ok just to clarify shipping costs.

The cost's are calculated by weight rather than numbers, and then paypal fees on top. So while Antreas agree's it may work out a little cheaper to pack together than sending individually, we are talking a matter of €5 or so. The rest we would then need to work out between us.

I assume we were all happy with shipping costs initially since nobody raised an issue previously, however if there are people that are unhappy then please feel welcome to speak your mind. The question therefore is whether the extra effort is worth a few euro's to people.

Onto numbers, there are a few enquiries coming through on Facebook but nothing concrete as of yet. We still await that elusive number 10!

Once /(if) we hit number 10 production will start straight away, and we can continue to accept further orders for an additional 15 days after the start of production. After that time if anyone misses the deadline but is still interested then Antreas has asked me to start a second group buy, and a couple of people have enquired about an E89 version, though the feedback I've received on that so far is that it would be a modified version of their universal skirt extensions at present unless they get a physical E89 to work on.

Any questions, suggestions, issues keep them coming. I'm doing as much as I can :thumbsup:

Vanne

Post by Vanne » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:06 pm

:poke: nicely done Jay, top work mate. :thumbsup:
2007 EuroSpec Z4///MC Building/Developing Z4 GT3
Powered by Severn Tuning

thanatu55

Post by thanatu55 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:25 pm

Vanne wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:06 pm :poke: nicely done Jay, top work mate. :thumbsup:
Thanks Vanne! :)

Silverzedtom

Post by Silverzedtom » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:47 pm

Sounds like you have been busy talking to everyone and reporting back. Thanks for doing the leg work for us all! Surely we will have ten soon!
E85 2.5si
F55 Cooper S

thanatu55

Post by thanatu55 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:51 pm

Silverzedtom wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:47 pm Sounds like you have been busy talking to everyone and reporting back. Thanks for doing the leg work for us all! Surely we will have ten soon!
God I hope so!! :rofl:

thanatu55

Post by thanatu55 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:02 pm

In between the toing and froing there have been some more exciting developments (for me :wink: ).

I've managed to source myself a new set of wheels! Can't wait for them to arrive :D

Z4MO

Post by Z4MO » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:30 am

thanatu55 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:02 pm In between the toing and froing there have been some more exciting developments (for me :wink: ).

I've managed to source myself a new set of wheels! Can't wait for them to arrive :D
Hi Jay,
Thank you for all the work you've put in buddy. I'm not in a rush for the skirts but to get it going we 9 could all pay an extra £26 each and when the spare set sells we can get the extra payment back.
Just an idea buddy and in my case I would be happy for you to send my £26 to the forum as a donation.

cheers
Mo
2006 Black / Black Z4M Roadster

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mmm-five » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:54 am

I'd love to be #10, but I'm well overspent this/next month with new calipers, brake lines & RS29s, front & rear eibach ARBs, Annual suspension maintenance, geometry, handbrake fix, coolant change, brake fluid change, oil service, surface corrosion removal & coating, etc.

Plus, I'm not sure how secure they'd be with my normal level of daily abuse - and whether they'd just be a dirt trap.
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

thanatu55

Post by thanatu55 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:37 am

Z4MO wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:30 am
thanatu55 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:02 pm In between the toing and froing there have been some more exciting developments (for me :wink: ).

Hi Jay,
Thank you for all the work you've put in buddy. I'm not in a rush for the skirts but to get it going we 9 could all pay an extra £26 each and when the spare set sells we can get the extra payment back.
Just an idea buddy and in my case I would be happy for you to send my £26 to the forum as a donation.

cheers
Mo
I'd be happy to do that, if goes to the forum then it's for a cause we all use day after day.
I'm the same as you, I'm not in no rush but I'd be fully on board if we were all able to come to an agreement on those kind of terms providing everyone is equally as happy to do so and didn't feel they were pushed in any way to do anything they weren't 100% comfortable.

I'd be interested to hear everyone else's thoughts on it ?
Silverzedtom wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:43 pm
JINGLE wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:07 pm
1000rr wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:18 pm
Vanne wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:23 am
Kernow-Z4 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:18 am
pcube wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:42 am
stuey wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:43 pm
Truth wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:06 pm
We need Truth back.
Truth wouldn't you just love to look like this? :poke: :wink: :fuelfire: :thumbsup: :D

Truth

Post by Truth » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:37 pm

Sorry guys just having looked at them over and over I just prefer the clean Unmodified look. Aeros are more a priority sorry guys
Attachments
IMG_0976.PNG
IMG_0976.PNG (1.37 MiB) Viewed 1379 times
Z4MC

thanatu55

Post by thanatu55 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:59 pm

Haha no worries, thought I might tempt you back in. Aero's are a good choice :thumbsup:

Silverzedtom

Post by Silverzedtom » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:42 pm

I'd be happy with a 9 strong group buy if we can't get the tenth :thumbsup:
E85 2.5si
F55 Cooper S