Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Engine diagnostics

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
domsz4

Engine diagnostics

Post by domsz4 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:31 am

Does anyone live near leicester who can understand the inpa software or who can talk me through it?

My little engine orange light has come on again. Car is running fine I just don't get how to get to the engine specific error codes

I'm using the bmcables reader amd software
Proud Whip owner ;)

RyanB88

Engine diagnostics

Post by RyanB88 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:34 am

If you fancy a trip to Solihull I'm happy to help with Carly :)
Z4 now sold :(

Current - M235i :thumbsup:

domsz4

Engine diagnostics

Post by domsz4 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:09 pm

i might just take you up on that.

but before I just wanted to check if this was the right way to get to the error codes?

i chose INPA from the launcher and it drops me into a screen that registers the car is on shift F3 for the Z4. i then get a screen that gives me the options for engine body etc but there is also a "quasi functional" option. if i go into this i can read and print error memory and info memory. there is also an option to Identify bits which i can also print.

Is this section what is appears to be and an output of all off the cars error codes from all modules that log them?

if so how do you interpret these?
Proud Whip owner ;)

Magicarcher

Engine diagnostics

Post by Magicarcher » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:23 pm

You have my sympathy, like you I find INPA not the easiest software I have ever used. I have just purchased ISTA-D which looks a great deal easier to use and is English from what I have seen. I am hoping to install it this week.
Z4 3.0L 2005. Titan Silver. Audio Upgrade Second Stereo Pioneer X8700DAB, Sony Xplode 4 x 70W Amp, 6.5" Reckhorn Subs in rear cubby, Focal AS165-3 in fronts.

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Engine diagnostics

Post by markplant » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:27 pm

You could ask mac who runs the shepshed meet zedfest, he is very helpful
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted