Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Advice

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
coaldust

Advice

Post by coaldust » Wed May 17, 2017 9:48 pm

MT94 wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 9:35 pm Thanks again for all of your replies a 2.2 or 2.5 might be do able insirance wise as it sounds like the better car all I need to do is find one that is straight and clean whatever car and engine I get it sounds like there isn't a sortage of knowledge around which is a big help thanks again to all who have given their advice and opinion soon hopefully I'll in my own Z4 learning all about it one way or another
Cheers
Matt
if you get one you are gonna love it :) just please dont get the 2.0, try and find the best quote on a 3.0 if its to much then go to 2.5 dont get a 4 pot zed!
z4 3.0i Manual

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Advice

Post by Smartbear » Wed May 17, 2017 9:55 pm

coaldust wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 9:48 pm
MT94 wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 9:35 pm Thanks again for all of your replies a 2.2 or 2.5 might be do able insirance wise as it sounds like the better car all I need to do is find one that is straight and clean whatever car and engine I get it sounds like there isn't a sortage of knowledge around which is a big help thanks again to all who have given their advice and opinion soon hopefully I'll in my own Z4 learning all about it one way or another
Cheers
Matt
if you get one you are gonna love it :) just please dont get the 2.0, try and find the best quote on a 3.0 if its to much then go to 2.5 dont get a 4 pot zed!
Not all 4 pot zeds are gutless you know :poke:
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

ESP

Advice

Post by ESP » Wed May 17, 2017 9:57 pm

coaldust wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 9:10 pm im just trying to stop the OP making a grave mistake, thats what this forum is for.
Your my hero :rofl:

dpbayly1 Can you vouch for us that 2.0lt Z4's are not renowned for spontaneously bursting into flames, and there is every chance MT94 could realistically have many happy trouble free years motoring. There's too much blinkered advice here suggesting to him that if he purchases a 4 cylinder Z4 it'll be constantly in the garage being repaired, and the engine is so unstable itll shake itself apart with in 5000 miles.

FYI Tikka Masala is the least adventurous dish to order in a restaurant, man up a bit
:bonk:
07 Sapphire Black Roadster.

Pastry

Advice

Post by Pastry » Wed May 17, 2017 10:31 pm

Smartbear wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 9:55 pm
coaldust wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 9:48 pm
Cheers
Matt
Not all 4 pot zeds are gutless you know :poke:
Rob
Very true Rob, yours goes like stink and has a reasonable sound to it too :thumbsup: unlike the 4 pot E85!! Forgetting about all the bullsh1t being spouted on here about reliability, why wouldn't you go for a smoother 6cyl if you could, it's a no brainer :thumbsup:
991 Carrera 2S
Now gone:
2008 Z4MR Midnight Blue Metallic
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Ruby Black
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Titanium Silver
2010 Z4 23i Msport and a 3.0i

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Advice

Post by MACK » Wed May 17, 2017 11:07 pm

ESP wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 9:57 pm
coaldust wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 9:10 pm im just trying to stop the OP making a grave mistake, thats what this forum is for.
Your my hero :rofl:

dpbayly1 Can you vouch for us that 2.0lt Z4's are not renowned for spontaneously bursting into flames, and there is every chance MT94 could realistically have many happy trouble free years motoring. There's too much blinkered advice here suggesting to him that if he purchases a 4 cylinder Z4 it'll be constantly in the garage being repaired, and the engine is so unstable itll shake itself apart with in 5000 miles.

FYI Tikka Masala is the least adventurous dish to order in a restaurant, man up a bit
:bonk:posting.php?mode=edit&f=2&p=1424246#
Just cant let it go can you!

Surprised you've got time to keep flogging a dead horse, when you going to get it, its you who has the blinkered and biased opinion and now your imagination is running away with itself again with these melodramatics. :thumbsdown:
I dont recall anyone saying the engine will shake itself apart?! :headbang: :P :rofl:
Shouldn't you be out in your imaginary R8 that apparently according to you, makes you the unimpeachable font of all car knowledge?!!!
Get over it, the 2.0 is the least loved/reliable/desirable E85 period. Deal with it. You might love yours, but for a newbie and considering the minuscule price differential to the superior non M models its the worst possible choice

#Mr A1. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

Pabby1980

Advice

Post by Pabby1980 » Thu May 18, 2017 12:01 am

I'd rather have a 2.0 manual than an automatic in any engine size.....can't stand 'em.

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Advice

Post by MACK » Thu May 18, 2017 12:18 am

Pabby1980 wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 12:01 am I'd rather have a 2.0 manual than an automatic in any engine size.....can't stand 'em.
Lets see, so not content with the 2.0 vs everything else war that's been raging here you've decide to :fuelfire: :stir: by reigniting the age old manual vs auto one! :evil: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Now this thread could for weeks! :poke: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

Pabby1980

Advice

Post by Pabby1980 » Thu May 18, 2017 12:28 am

MACK wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 12:18 am
Pabby1980 wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 12:01 am I'd rather have a 2.0 manual than an automatic in any engine size.....can't stand 'em.
Lets see, so not content with the 2.0 vs everything else war that's been raging here you've decide to :fuelfire: :stir: by reigniting the age old manual vs auto one! :evil: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No mate, while you've been waving your handbag at your friend, the OP has mentioned that he found a 2.5 automatic on autotrader. After giving him advice on getting a 2.2 and a vehicle inspection, i gave him my opinion on automatics. I'm a bit more interested in his situation than reading another back and fourth argument between two grown men who quite frankly should know better. :)

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Advice

Post by MACK » Thu May 18, 2017 12:40 am

Pabby1980 wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 12:28 am

No mate, while you've been waving your handbag at your friend, the OP has mentioned that he found a 2.5 automatic on autotrader. After giving him advice on getting a 2.2 and a vehicle inspection, i gave him my opinion on automatics. I'm a bit more interested in his situation than reading another back and fourth argument between two grown men who quite frankly should know better. :)
Firstly you don't have to read what I and ESP have written your choosing to. Not difficult to skip over our posts is it?
Secondly, I was clearly joking about the manual/auto debate so don't get your knickers in such a twist, talk about touchy! :telloff:

However seeing as you feel your in a position to start dishing it out, lets see if you can take it.
At no point did anyone ask for an opinion on automatics, so try to keep up and on topic!
Judging by your previous contributions on here you've really had nothing useful/insightful to add and I'm sure no one really cares about your mixture of humourless, pointless, naive, unknowledgeable posts and opinions anyway. Really, posting you looked at your car under its cover all day! :tumbleweed:

Anyway, quite frankly why someone in your position who bought a car that won't go in third gear properly (but still needed someone else to point this out even after they've purchased it) feels qualified to offer advice on buying a zed beats the hell out me! :poke: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Silver 05 3.0i SE

White E89 20i M Sport

Pabby1980

Advice

Post by Pabby1980 » Thu May 18, 2017 4:15 am

MACK wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 12:40 am

Firstly you don't have to read what I and ESP have written your choosing to. Not difficult to skip over our posts is it?
Secondly, I was clearly joking about the manual/auto debate so don't get your knickers in such a twist, talk about touchy! :telloff:

However seeing as you feel your in a position to start dishing it out, lets see if you can take it.
At no point did anyone ask for an opinion on automatics, so try to keep up and on topic!
Judging by your previous contributions on here you've really had nothing useful/insightful to add and I'm sure no one really cares about your mixture of humourless, pointless, naive, unknowledgeable posts and opinions anyway. Really, posting you looked at your car under its cover all day! :tumbleweed:

Anyway, quite frankly why someone in your position who bought a car that won't go in third gear properly (but still needed someone else to point this out even after they've purchased it) feels qualified to offer advice on buying a zed beats the hell out me! :poke: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
If you think i'm going to bother reading another one of your little hissy fits mate you're much mistaken. If you want to have a bitch at someone i suggest you go and join your local WI, or go and have a vent with the other girls at the gym....i've got better things to do than waste time behaving like a child....thanks. :)

sw4nny

Advice

Post by sw4nny » Thu May 18, 2017 8:30 am

I would reckon by now the original op newbie as probably bought an Audi :D
E85 3.oi titan silver,Maldives blue E85 3.0i gone but not forgotten

tomoz4white

Advice

Post by tomoz4white » Thu May 18, 2017 8:32 am

Only UK OEM White Manual
E85 3.0i SE Still Rolling!
Mileage 36,000 Miles

4 x White 3.0i OEM UK E85's Made...
= 2 UK Pre-Facelift / 2 UK Facelift

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Advice

Post by MACK » Thu May 18, 2017 10:51 am

Pabby1980 wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 4:15 am
MACK wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 12:40 am

If you think i'm going to bother reading another one of your little hissy fits mate you're much mistaken. If you want to have a bitch at someone i suggest you go and join your local WI, or go and have a vent with the other girls at the gym....i've got better things to do than waste time behaving like a child....thanks. :)
Never ceases to amaze me how pathetic some folks are. They actually start the cowardly digs then try to take the moral high ground when they cant take it when someone fights back! Clearly from your equally childish response and more of your pathetic bitching above you did indeed read my post! :poke: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

One thing I do agree on is we both have better things to do, you could start with that gearbox of yours :poke: or aimlessly staring out of the window at a car under a cover just don't boring the pants off us tell us about it....again!!! :poke: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Silver 05 3.0i SE

White E89 20i M Sport

Pabby1980

Advice

Post by Pabby1980 » Thu May 18, 2017 12:17 pm

Nice....that's a lot of car for £4,500. The colours a bit of an aquired taste but i like it.

If blue was more his thing;

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds ... dr/7200755

Can't help but think the 2.2s are still a bit overpriced when compared to the 3.0, but there's always room for negotiation i suppose.

ESP

Advice

Post by ESP » Thu May 18, 2017 1:03 pm

sw4nny wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 8:30 am I would reckon by now the original op newbie as probably bought an Audi :D
Lol, exactly :thumbsup:

Word on the street is though they all have "Inherent, Well documented reliability issues" and frequently just explode.

What do i know, iv have a vivid imagination :roll:
#Pot #Kettle
#GuysGotIssues
#ToMuchUseofThe :rofl: Emoji
07 Sapphire Black Roadster.