Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Newbie with a Z4M Roadster needing some help re Bluetooth retrofit

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
E85Chef

Post by E85Chef » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:27 pm

Hi All

Lovely forum community you have here. Just bought a Z4M Roadster last week to take advantage of the forthcoming summer (yes, I'm ridiculously hopeful). Loving the car at the moment, loads of rattles and squeaks to fix, and some changes on the way.

Need to ask if anyone knows whether the Z4M (2006) was prewired for bluetooth/telephone? It has nav but no phone as specified - I understand the US spec cars are all prewired but can't find any definitive info on UK cars... someone please help? Am wanting to retrofit the OEM bluetooth and voice control ULF.

Other mods on the way - changing the multi-function M Wheel to a regular thinner wheel!! (I can't stand how thick the M wheel is - will be selling if anyone is interested!) Also have a set of original CS wheels to go on with the new ContiSport 6 tyres - undecided what to do with the standard wheels, thinking of full refurb at Lepsons then selling? Or may keep for winter tyres later this year...

Mechanically the car is pretty sound. Has done 63k miles with dealer stamps throughout. Just replaced the trailing arm bushes, renewed the ball joints as the camber adjustment bolts had seized, renewed the anti-roll bar bushes and droplinks as there was a knocking noise from the front, changed the gearbox oil and replaced the brake pads with DS2500.

Will get some pictures up soon enough!

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enzed4 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:36 pm

Welcome to the Forum - there's going to be a LOT of interest in that steering wheel I would say :D .
Also, if your service history doesn't show the run in service at the correct mileage, you should probably drive it straight to the wreckers now.... :poke: (it seems to be quite the subject of concern for ///M owners.....).
You did miss the most important consideration of all though:
:worthless:
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport

nick_l

Post by nick_l » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:13 pm

I'd be interested in the M wheel for a swap for my re trimmed standard wheel :thumbsup:

I've sent a PM

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:28 pm

Hi and welcome.

U.K. Cars were not pre wired for Bluetooth. You would need the loom. TBH you would be better off looking at the Dension audio kit which can give Bluetooth to a factory intergration level and nothing visible.

E85Chef

Post by E85Chef » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:30 pm

Hi again

Yes, have already had interest in that wheel :D

I've actually ordered a new standard Z4 multi-function wheel - I'm a bit OCD and want a completely new wheel with switch covers - stupid I know as I could do a swap and retrim, but Royals have a bit of a wait on at the moment and patience is not a virtue of mine!

So, multifunction M wheel will be up for sale (minus airbag) but including black switch covers!

Can't reply to PMs until I become more of a regular poster on here - sorry Nick :thumbsup:

E85Chef

Post by E85Chef » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:32 pm

srhutch wrote:Hi and welcome.

U.K. Cars were not pre wired for Bluetooth. You would need the loom. TBH you would be better off looking at the Dension audio kit which can give Bluetooth to a factory intergration level and nothing visible.

Thank you srhutch! That's very useful to know. Do you happen to know if an aftermarket loom is available, or have the pin diagrams? It's this whole OCD thing I have, I like things to be OEM. I also have the ULF already, an eject box and also the steering column microphone from my old E46.

I'm weird I know... :)