Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Fitting Grom USB3...

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Steve84N

Fitting Grom USB3...

Post by Steve84N » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:27 pm

One of the cables is next to the word LASER. Was the free blue plug already free or have you unplugged it from the changer?
C63 AMG Estate 6208cc

soundb0y

Fitting Grom USB3...

Post by soundb0y » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:07 pm

Yep thanks took the one out and it fit and connected it. The blue one was already loose, doesn't reach or fit the other slot on the changer and is male I think as is the other end on the grom.

Steve84N

Fitting Grom USB3...

Post by Steve84N » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:47 am

OK, the blue one is for a bluetooth module that your car doesn't have.

The other cable was easy for me to find as I didn't have a changer so it was just loose back there. One thing is certain and that's the other one should also be plugged into the changer somehow...
C63 AMG Estate 6208cc

soundb0y

Fitting Grom USB3...

Post by soundb0y » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:11 am

Frustrating. Don't think I've even tried to see if the changer actually works or not.

Edit, no changer wont recognise discs. The only other 2 cables are one going up the outside of the bulkhead, looks like to roof motor switch? The other one goes off inside that hole, im guessing to the back of the stereo or somewhere? Are these 2 definitely meant to be there and no chance its either of them caught on something?

Edit 2 : This is getting more confusing. I was convinced I don't have dsp as my stereo has none of the equaliser options, however using vin decoder it says:

S677 HiFi System Professional DSP

Is that then the carver dsp system? Is there anyway to check on the amp maybe or something?

Im reading something about digital vs analogue dsp?

Plugging the 3 pin connector works fine and I can get track info on the stereo and connect and play, just no sound.

Bit more info here http://gromaudio.com/docs/bmw-dsp_application.pdf

Guess ill try a dsp adapter and see how I get on, they are not cheap though!

soundb0y

Fitting Grom USB3...

Post by soundb0y » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:37 am

So the saga gets worse. Spent 70 quid on a dsp adapter to find out it needs a switched live 12-14v connection in the boot. From what I've read their arent any. Anyone have any ideas? How difficult to route to the fusebox is it?