Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Bluetooth contacts sync?

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Muckinonthesofa

Bluetooth contacts sync?

Post by Muckinonthesofa » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:18 am

Hi,

I recently bought a Z4MC and I can't get my phone contacts to sync with the car. The phone pairs no problem and I can receive calls and, if i use the phone itself, make calls.

I've paired and unpaired it, ticked the option on my phone to share my contacts (Samsung S5 Neo) but all I see is a 'please wait' message and the contacts never load.

I've tried searching but I can't find a solution, any advice appreciated. :thumbsup:
Z4MC, Silver/Grey, Imola Red Leather, Sat Nav, Heated Seats, DSP, Intravee, Stubby, ZHP, Gruppe M, CDV, Bilstein B12's, Vibra-Technics engine mounts.

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Bluetooth contacts sync?

Post by markplant » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:35 am

Have you deleted all previous paired phones, it might not be that but worth a try
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

Muckinonthesofa

Bluetooth contacts sync?

Post by Muckinonthesofa » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:48 am

markplant wrote:Have you deleted all previous paired phones, it might not be that but worth a try
I think I have! :?

Is that the press and hold for the pair button for 10 seconds?
Z4MC, Silver/Grey, Imola Red Leather, Sat Nav, Heated Seats, DSP, Intravee, Stubby, ZHP, Gruppe M, CDV, Bilstein B12's, Vibra-Technics engine mounts.

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Bluetooth contacts sync?

Post by markplant » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:23 am

i honestly cant remember an would have to look in hand book
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

sangbleu

Bluetooth contacts sync?

Post by sangbleu » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:11 pm

What does the pair button look like? I have a phone button but not sure I actually have the option.
'04 E85 3.0i

Muckinonthesofa

Bluetooth contacts sync?

Post by Muckinonthesofa » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:14 pm

sangbleu wrote:What does the pair button look like? I have a phone button but not sure I actually have the option.
It's in the pull down centre console, by the telephone cradle. It looks the same as the button on the steering wheel to answer calls etc

sangbleu

Bluetooth contacts sync?

Post by sangbleu » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:29 pm

Okay I definitely don't have anything like that!
'04 E85 3.0i

no fit state

Bluetooth contacts sync?

Post by no fit state » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:24 pm

Look into the Bluetooth phonebook app in the play store. This solves contacts not loading problem on some android phones.
Z4MC Imola red

Muckinonthesofa

Bluetooth contacts sync?

Post by Muckinonthesofa » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:14 pm

no fit state wrote:Look into the Bluetooth phonebook app in the play store. This solves contacts not loading problem on some android phones.
I downloaded the app but it made no difference. Unless I have to do something with the app to make it work??

85genius

Bluetooth contacts sync?

Post by 85genius » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:44 pm

My contacts loaded first time, then my phone did
an update and for some reason the contacts are no longer paired even though the phone is..

Need to work out how to delete it and re pair
Audi quattro driver :o
NOW SOLD - Ruby Black 3.0 SI Roadster :(
Previous - E85 2.5 Ti Silver - See avatar photo - R.I.P Destroyed by a Tranny

no fit state

Bluetooth contacts sync?

Post by no fit state » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:47 pm

Muckinonthesofa wrote:
no fit state wrote:Look into the Bluetooth phonebook app in the play store. This solves contacts not loading problem on some android phones.
I downloaded the app but it made no difference. Unless I have to do something with the app to make it work??
I can't remember if I had to set anything up within the app. I can say that it did work on the wife's Nissan Juke when the contacts wouldn't load.
Z4MC Imola red

85genius

Bluetooth contacts sync?

Post by 85genius » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:53 pm

I know this is an old thread but I'm still struggling tried deleting all the phones from the cars memory and even tried using the Bluetooth Phonebook app but cant get the bloody contacts shared with the car....

So I can receive calls fine although the screen just shows a number not the contact name, not the end of the world as I just keep the phone in sight but not being able to dial from my steering wheel is a bit of a nightmare as it means I need to touch the phone (illegal) to make a call

Steve84N

Bluetooth contacts sync?

Post by Steve84N » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:03 pm

I've had a few phones now that won't sync contacts but I've given up trying. It's old tech and it shows.
C63 AMG Estate 6208cc

85genius

Bluetooth contacts sync?

Post by 85genius » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:20 am

:cry:

Just really annoying that it worked with the phone I had when I bought the car (just over a year ago) :headbang:

I have upgraded twice since then both times hoping the new model would work

Muckinonthesofa

Bluetooth contacts sync?

Post by Muckinonthesofa » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:22 am

Steve84N wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:03 pm I've had a few phones now that won't sync contacts but I've given up trying. It's old tech and it shows.
It's odd, some people report that modern phones work perfectly. I had given up as well but found this article the other day;

https://forums.androidcentral.com/droid ... ing-2.html

I haven't had chance to try it yet though. May be a solution??