Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Car park protection - Door defender

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift

Post by sticky » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:31 am

bladeowner wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:13 pm Posted before but this is my favourite spot

Here in Worthing you would come back to a bike parked in there as well,,, maybe 2. And yes I mean MCs

Huzee666

Post by Huzee666 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:44 am

This is what I call the Zed Bay at our local supermarket, and I know that lots of people will complain but I love my Zed, paid a fortune for her new and it would truly break my heart if someone dinged her ! By the way did anyone else see this article in the paper this week ?
Attachments
Ferrari
Ferrari
IMG_1645.jpg (211.79 KiB) Viewed 520 times
Z Bay
Z Bay
IMG_0913.jpg (484.83 KiB) Viewed 520 times
2004 Z4 2.5se Maldives blue
2016 Z4 2.0 M Sport Estoril Blue
IMG_7951.jpg

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:29 pm

I got a Ding in the new car in August - the hotel car park in Germany . I had taken all care to let my wife out of the car and parked a gnats whisker from the hedge on the near side leaving a big gap on the offside - some daft git squeezed in with little to spare! :headbang:

I don’t think there’s anything to stop the morons :thumbsdown:
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Argenta

Post by Argenta » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:43 am

I had a version on these in my old Fiat Coupe (prone to parking dings) and they were great.
Would love a set

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:57 pm

mus_oz wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:39 pm
Chris_D wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:55 pm I was on my way back from havin roofmotor relocated by Durham Dave and stopped at M6 services for a piddle and a coffee.
Got back to the car and decided to break out the butties and just take a few minutes before setting off again.
Noticed a big 4x4 had parked next to me on drivers side which wasnt there before and was a bit close so was naturally concerned I had incurred a ding. fortunately not, but as I was sitting there stuffing me gob a family of knuckle-draggers with the largest underbites and bellies you've ever seen started walking towards the 4x4.
A teenage girl proceeded to walk to and open the front passenger door and even though she had seen me sitting there and my window was open sure enough... *DINK*

I shouted 'aye steady on willya!' to which she retorted 'sowwy' and shut the door. I got out and as I surveyed for damage off they went, nearly swiping my backside and taking me with them. The driver was either too preoccupied with getting away or just didnt want to face a scene but I remember thinking 'I'll be parking this miles away from everyone else in the future'. Fortunately no damage that I could see but was loud enough to make me think there's be a dimple.

People don't give a sh*t these days!

Completely unrelated, but where does Dave live. I need to get mine done. Thanks in advance.
Sorry for the late response but he lives in Durham. Did you manage to hook up with him? Highly reccommended by me.

And sorry all, but the prize for the most outstanding defensive parking goes to my bezzy mate Lau and her 4-space slam-dunk! *Chortle* :D

Note: the other defensive parker (Silver Citroen) over yonder on the grass bank. Clever-ish.
Attachments
IMG_0575.JPG
IMG_0575.JPG (232.45 KiB) Viewed 477 times
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

Magicarcher

Post by Magicarcher » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:10 pm

tomoz4white wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:06 am With regards to those door protector type products, I think that will again could cause "the jealous type" to zone in on the car and potentially damage the vehicle out of spite anyway,

Just try and find an angled parking space where "DINGS" are less likely to happen
I agree with both these points, one of my biggest bugbear. I am a little more fortunate than most, at work everyone has alotted spaces and I requested an inline parking spot to avoid cars each side. When my wife is with me she is a blue badge holder so at supermarkets and the like I can legitimately use disabled spots. Failing that I always try to park in an inline slot, failing that I look for a spot on a curve that is always super wide, failing that I will look for a spot on an end and move as far over as possible, or lastly I park well away from where anyone else wants to park because I like walking.

However businesses providing car parking have a lot to answer for, many have slots which are far too narrow.
Z4 3.0L 2005. Titan Silver. Audio Upgrade Second Stereo Pioneer X8700DAB, Sony Xplode 4 x 70W Amp, 6.5" Reckhorn Subs in rear cubby, Focal AS165-3 in fronts.