Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Electric Folding Mirrors

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
alexhall

Re: Electric Folding Mirrors

Post by alexhall » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:54 pm

Yeah, I must admit, i did partly fit them as a gimicky thing!

But they are very handing, parking in tight spots etc. Where i am, there a lot of thoughtless drivers around and big vehicles going down roads they shouldn't... : P
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
03 Z4 3.0 Met Grey/18" Alloys/Z4M Sport Steering Wheel/Z4M Sport Seats/Sat Nav/Bluetooth/Xenons/Carver DSP/TV/Auto Lights/Folding Mirrors

*AL*

Post by *AL* » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:34 pm

Alex do your manually fold at 18mph or under?
2009 (59) Z4 E89 3.0i Sdrive in deep sea blue, white extended leather, I-drive, folding mirrors. Suzuki GSX 1300R Hayabusa

alexhall

Post by alexhall » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:02 pm

Hi Al,

Yes they will fold below 18 MPH, above that they wont fold..
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
03 Z4 3.0 Met Grey/18" Alloys/Z4M Sport Steering Wheel/Z4M Sport Seats/Sat Nav/Bluetooth/Xenons/Carver DSP/TV/Auto Lights/Folding Mirrors

alexhall

Post by alexhall » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:04 pm

Al,

Could you show me some pics of your Z with the clear lights? I'm thinking of upgrading to this and would like to know the look, before going ahead with it..

Cheers

*AL*

Post by *AL* » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:46 am

Sorry about the state of the car!

2009 (59) Z4 E89 3.0i Sdrive in deep sea blue, white extended leather, I-drive, folding mirrors. Suzuki GSX 1300R Hayabusa

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paddy wright » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:59 am

i love mine- they look the nuts when parked!
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!

gannet
Lifer
Lifer

Post by gannet » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:37 am

alexhall wrote:Al,

Could you show me some pics of your Z with the clear lights? I'm thinking of upgrading to this and would like to know the look, before going ahead with it..

Cheers
I've also just done this and the look is much better :thumbsup:
-- Gannet.
Current: MINI JCW... - Modification: Driver Upgraded :D
Previous: DS3 DSport, Z4 3.0SE, 206 GTi & XS, Alfa 147 Lusso

tdz840

Post by tdz840 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:06 pm

I have folding mirrors what is the mod to activate them via the remote; just programming??
Russ

Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Andy » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:13 pm

This has been discussed a few times, Alex might correct me, but I don't think you can mod them to work off the remote :!: :|
Imola Z4MR #0026 6 yrs, & 66k so far..

dazerc

Post by dazerc » Mon May 09, 2011 7:18 pm

Andy wrote:This has been discussed a few times, Alex might correct me, but I don't think you can mod them to work off the remote :!: :|
On my wifes 120D you have to lock then hold the lock button down and they will fold and when you unlock they automatically unfold. When you engage reverse the kerb side mirror dips down so you can see you wheel.

I want to retrofit this to my Z4 coupe. just need to find the mirror, switch and module. Anyone know any good places to get them cheap? only found the module on ebay.
Z4 Coupe 3.0 si Satnav, Bluetooth, Voice + Cruise Control, Black leather M Seats , xeneon lights, auto lights/wipers, 18" 108 alloys, M multifunction steering wheel, DS 2500 pads.

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Tue May 10, 2011 9:11 am

Never seen a pair of RHD electric mirrors for sale anywhere. Try the dealers but expect eye watering prices as it's complete mirrors,
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

Randy

Post by Randy » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:35 pm

i just bought a pair of electric folding mirrors from a fellow forum member (thank you Richard!) but i'm a little confused right now: i have the mirrors, a module to allow them to fold with the key, the door switch should come in soon, the connector behind the glovebox, but do i need anything else now? cause i can't seem to figure out where that connector goes into...

ps: Alexhall if you could mail me the pictures and instructions i would be really grateful :)

JAD

Post by JAD » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:54 pm

So this is a jolly old thread...!!

I've always wanted folding mirrors. When I bought the roadster, this and PDC were the only things missing. Condition, mileage, colour etc were all perfect.

So, as with any car nut, I'm making my Roadster my own with a few additions... Folding mirrors being one. I have the mirrors (intend on swapping my pristine Interlagos covers for the likely scratched black ones), the module and door switches have been ordered from BMMiniParts.

Next stage is to test whether my car is wired appropriately for the folding function, as there seems to be some confusion as to whether they are wired for folding as standard, but not autodimming. If not, I'll be heading to Peter mentioned above - I have spoken to him and it's an easy job if not.

I'll do the promised write up as don't think Alex is about these days, coupled with costs, pictures, views etc.

Cheers.

mac27040
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mac27040 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:26 pm

my guess looking through NCSexpert is that you will need to code the car to activate the folding mirrors.

SPIEGELABKLAPPEN_GM OUTSIDE MIRROR FOLDING IN (GENERAL MODULE)
nicht_aktiv not active
aktiv active

SPIEGELHEIZUNG_VERBAUT_GM OUTSIDE MIRROR HEATING INSTALLED (GENERAL MODULE)
nicht_aktiv not active
aktiv active
3.0i SMG Supercharged,19" CSL, AvinUSA android 10.25” screen,DSP,M6 gearknob,Coilovers,Aero F-bumper,M r-bumper,Aero skirts,Facelift front & rear lights,M sports seats,Carbon Steering wheel,Intravee,Rervese cam,Hydrographics

JAD

Post by JAD » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:54 pm

mac27040 wrote:my guess looking through NCSexpert is that you will need to code the car to activate the folding mirrors.

SPIEGELABKLAPPEN_GM OUTSIDE MIRROR FOLDING IN (GENERAL MODULE)
nicht_aktiv not active
aktiv active

SPIEGELHEIZUNG_VERBAUT_GM OUTSIDE MIRROR HEATING INSTALLED (GENERAL MODULE)
nicht_aktiv not active
aktiv active
Quite possibly - the time and cost of the job by Peter mentioned in this thread will be inclusive of this.

Jonny, I'll let you know mate!