Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z4 Roof Motor Replacement

Discount codes and service & product offerings from forum members
ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Is there a market for roof motor relocation?

Post by ben g » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:02 am

So he did! I completely forgot. Cheers!
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:37 pm

Well, my car is booked in for this Sunday with Bowser, so once done, no more motor rust issues. Not that iv'e had any yet...touch wood, touch wood. :)
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

z4all

Post by z4all » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:54 pm

hopefully mine will be done on the 31st :)

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:05 pm

Well, after a snowy drive down to Bowsers house and a bit of shopping, my car now has the roof motor in the boot and what a great job he's done.
A word of warning about your roof motor, if like me, you clean your drains and have the bungs removed, don't think your motor is safe, when Ross removed the motor, he found it sitting in a nice puddle of mucky water, so be warned. Luckily my motor is in pretty good shape and is now sitting in a dry and clean environment, where BMW should have fitted it in the first place :headbang:
Ross (Bowser) is a top fella and knows his stuff, I won't be giving away any pictures of how the motor sits, so please don't ask, I will show just one of the finished article.

I'm sure you will agree that's it's almost impossible to see the difference in materials used in hiding the motor.

Thank you Ross :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Mini 1000 1981

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markplant » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:13 pm

Looks atop job
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mr.tourette » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:20 pm

Johnbmwz4 wrote:There is a place in Harrogate that now relocate the roof motor in the boot somewhere and charge just short of £600 all in and that is using a new motor not a refurb one. If, or should I say when mine goes i will definatley be taking mine there to get it done. If you just go on Ebay and put in Z4 roof motor you will see the item
This is Merv at Autoelectron in Harrogate.. top guy :thumbsup:
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

jampudding

Post by jampudding » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:39 pm

firebobby wrote:Well, after a snowy drive down to Bowsers house and a bit of shopping, my car now has the roof motor in the boot and what a great job he's done.
A word of warning about your roof motor, if like me, you clean your drains and have the bungs removed, don't think your motor is safe, when Ross removed the motor, he found it sitting in a nice puddle of mucky water, so be warned. Luckily my motor is in pretty good shape and is now sitting in a dry and clean environment, where BMW should have fitted it in the first place :headbang:
Ross (Bowser) is a top fella and knows his stuff, I won't be giving away any pictures of how the motor sits, so please don't ask, I will show just one of the finished article.

I'm sure you will agree that's it's almost impossible to see the difference in materials used in hiding the motor.

That looks very neat. Just wondering if it's worth changing my motor when I get this done.
Z4 3.0i Auto Black Sapphire - Dream Red Oregon - Wind Deflector/Isofix/Seat Heating/Xenon/TV/BT/Prof Carver/Elec Fold Ext Mirrors/Grad Tint WindScreen/Auto Dim Int & Ext/ Storage Comp Pack/PDC/CC/Nav Sys Prof/6 CD Changer/DDC/Chrome Line Int etc etc

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:54 pm

If it's working OK, I would just get it moved. :)
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Mini 1000 1981

billabongmac

Is there a market for roof motor relocation?

Post by billabongmac » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:47 pm

firebobby wrote:Well, after a snowy drive down to Bowsers house and a bit of shopping, my car now has the roof motor in the boot and what a great job he's done.

Looks like a top job firebobby, I've got mine booked in with Ross to get it relocated and a new motor installed in a couple of weeks time :)
Alpina Roaster S Lux #114
Gone - Z4 2.5si SE Roadster - Intravee II & Stubby

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:14 pm

Excellent job :thumbsup:
2.5 Maldives Blue, tottaly original , no mods,

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:43 pm

billabongmac wrote:

Looks like a top job firebobby, I've got mine booked in with Ross to get it relocated and a new motor installed in a couple of weeks time :)
Thanks, Ross does a grand job and is a really nice guy too.
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Mini 1000 1981

mattb10

Post by mattb10 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:20 am

Argh, decisions :?

There's another thread about relocating the motor too. However I'm of the persuasion that I'll need a new motor installing too, so I'm tempted to go with, bowser? I'm in Leicester so quite a fair trip to both places it seems.

Ha, first world problems, eh :rofl:
[ Insert Zed spec here ]

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:51 am

I'm sure there are others who can do this, who are closer to you, not that I'm putting Bowser down in any way as he does a 1st class job. Just the mileage for you, would be quite high :)
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Mini 1000 1981

billabongmac

Post by billabongmac » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:28 pm

mattb10 wrote:Argh, decisions :?

There's another thread about relocating the motor too. However I'm of the persuasion that I'll need a new motor installing too, so I'm tempted to go with, bowser? I'm in Leicester so quite a fair trip to both places it seems.

Ha, first world problems, eh :rofl:
I Live in Stratford upon Avon so similar distance to travel to either one :driving:
Alpina Roaster S Lux #114
Gone - Z4 2.5si SE Roadster - Intravee II & Stubby

dhobbs

Post by dhobbs » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:18 pm

Had mine done yesterday, very neat job. Ross is getting good at these, took less than two hours!
Thanks Ross.
3.0si roadster. Requisite stubby. Sound gen mod. LED numberplate lights. LED boot strip. Interior lights LED too. ZHP gearknob. Daily drive :driving:
Motor in boot. Bilstein B8 dampers. New radio, much better sounds :thumbsup: