Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Coding topics

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
123BillyB

Re: Coding topics

Post by 123BillyB » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:50 pm

Cool thread as been getting into doing a bit of coding myself.

After speaking with Ben @ BMKeys I went with PA Soft BMW Scanner 1.4.0. The unit I bought was from the far east for about £20 and I didn't need to solder a bit of wire between a two pins as a few posts elsewhere have mentioned.

Downloaded the updated software from http://www.resettools.com/bmw_scanner_1.4.0 (link just below picture of unit) and it works with no problems on Windows 8 Pro (32bit) so putting info together from other posts, I think the software only has issues with 64bit... Having said that, this updated software might of resolved 64bit issues. Have seen the old software running on Ben's XP laptop, this new updated software is defiantly faster.

So far reset old error codes, set audible beep on open / close (so I don't keep pressing and activate roof via GapTec as have done running up to the car in the rain before :headbang: ) and unlocked TV in Motion. Next going to use it to set DRL's to Euro setting when eventually fit my AE's.

For someone who will only need to do basic prgramming, I'd recommend BMW Scanner as it is a doddle to use.

Billy
Rare 55 Plate 3.0i SE with AC Type IV Bi-Colour Alloys - Too may mods to list and not many left to go :D

mac27040
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mac27040 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:21 pm

Added sat nav firmware v32
3.0i SMG Supercharged,19" CSL, AvinUSA android 10.25” screen,DSP,M6 gearknob,Coilovers,Aero F-bumper,M r-bumper,Aero skirts,Facelift front & rear lights,M sports seats,Carbon Steering wheel,Intravee,Rervese cam,Hydrographics

pharmed

Post by pharmed » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:56 pm

Any reason why BMW scanner is picked up as a virus by windows?

123BillyB

Post by 123BillyB » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:02 pm

pharmed wrote:Any reason why BMW scanner is picked up as a virus by windows?
Not on my laptop running Windows 8 Pro with AVG Internet Security 2013.

Are you on about the actual device or the software and if software, where did you get it from?
Rare 55 Plate 3.0i SE with AC Type IV Bi-Colour Alloys - Too may mods to list and not many left to go :D

nfarmer

Post by nfarmer » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:23 pm

pharmed wrote:Any reason why BMW scanner is picked up as a virus by windows?
+1 by McAfee Win 7 Pro

pharmed

Post by pharmed » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:23 pm

Can someone link me to the software again please?

123BillyB

Post by 123BillyB » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:25 pm

pharmed wrote:Can someone link me to the software again please?
Look at my post further up for where to find software.

pharmed

Post by pharmed » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:49 am

Yes Billy, slight problem with your link however...

I was looking for alternative links!

123BillyB

Post by 123BillyB » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:17 am

pharmed wrote:Yes Billy, slight problem with your link however...

I was looking for alternative links!
Not for me mate. Try googling the place.

Behr

Coding topics

Post by Behr » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:31 am

Firstly, my apologies for the thread resurrection.

I am currently quite handy with INPA and DIS with my own E85 but looking to do some coding with NCS Expert (and NCS Dummy as a companion). Hopefully once I learn more then I can, in turn, be more helpful to other members. By way of background, part of my job involves writing logic for industrial machines, so it's something I know a little about.

For starters, does anyone know where I can find an up to date version of NCS Dummy available for download? The link on page 1 has expired.

Thanks all,

Behr.
"It's got red seats and the roof comes off. What's not to love?"

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Coding topics

Post by Scooba_Steve » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:53 am

Behr wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:31 am Firstly, my apologies for the thread resurrection.

I am currently quite handy with INPA and DIS with my own E85 but looking to do some coding with NCS Expert (and NCS Dummy as a companion). Hopefully once I learn more then I can, in turn, be more helpful to other members. By way of background, part of my job involves writing logic for industrial machines, so it's something I know a little about.

For starters, does anyone know where I can find an up to date version of NCS Dummy available for download? The link on page 1 has expired.

Thanks all,

Behr.
Just google it, you'll find the page. Send me an email, if you're handy with programming you're probably better off with the text files from NCS expert, dummy can do some cool things but most things can be done in notepad.
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

Behr

Coding topics

Post by Behr » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:35 am

Scooba_Steve wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:53 am
Behr wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:31 am Firstly, my apologies for the thread resurrection.

Thanks all,

Behr.
Just google it, you'll find the page. Send me an email, if you're handy with programming you're probably better off with the text files from NCS expert, dummy can do some cool things but most things can be done in notepad.
Thans Steve,

I have Googled it but can't find a reliable link without registering for other forums. I was hoping to find it at its origin to ensure an up to date version but that doesn't seem possible. I doubt I'll have much use for dummy as I have gathered most of the codes I need from the excellent PDF found here - I assume it's fairly exhaustive info?

BMW Z4 E85 -86 coding options
http://www.muga-uk.co.uk/z4/bmwz4e85-86revA.pdf

Are these the files you're referring to?

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Coding topics

Post by Scooba_Steve » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:57 am

Send me an email or pm :)
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

Behr

Coding topics

Post by Behr » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:41 pm

Email sent. Thanks Steve :)

mac27040
Lifer
Lifer

Coding topics

Post by mac27040 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:11 pm

send me a pm as i have a link for new software.
3.0i SMG Supercharged,19" CSL, AvinUSA android 10.25” screen,DSP,M6 gearknob,Coilovers,Aero F-bumper,M r-bumper,Aero skirts,Facelift front & rear lights,M sports seats,Carbon Steering wheel,Intravee,Rervese cam,Hydrographics