Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Parking offender...will they hold their hand up?

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:51 pm

I'd like to do more in the UK, but I prefer keeping my teeth in my mouth rather than having to spit them out from my throat! Too many Tw*ts with Tatts IME. :(

I've had some funny looks parking my Z4 in Disabled bays, until my mother got out! At 95 with replacement knee joints she needs all the help she can get - but nobody seems to want to make any allowances! :roll:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:06 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:51 pm I'd like to do more in the UK, but I prefer keeping my teeth in my mouth rather than having to them out from my throat! Too many Tw*ts with Tatts IME. :(
There was a fella at the gym the other day with his chav 4X4 pick parked up in a blue badge bay, he was outside having a ciggie beside the sign indicating no smoking anywhere on the premises. No badge in the vehicle and not the sort you could reason with - and I agree with you, I also wouldn’t want to say anything either as I’m too old, wobbly and probably too soft !
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:16 pm

Begrudgingly I’ve got a disabled card, I only use it if there’s a hill I can’t walk up, not on the flat. But yes, you get some looks drawing into a bay in a Zed until I get out with the oxygen on.... :lol:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:30 pm

john-e89 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:16 pm Begrudgingly I’ve got a disabled card, I only use it if there’s a hill I can’t walk up, not on the flat. But yes, you get some looks drawing into a bay in a Zed until I get out with the oxygen on.... :lol:
How you getting on with that John, any sign of change yet?
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:34 pm

Or like me, having to get the door wide open, lifting the dodgy leg over the sill and wobbling away!
Probably like you, I consider myself lucky that I can still do what I can currently do :thumbsup:

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:36 pm

Smartbear wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:30 pm
john-e89 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:16 pm Begrudgingly I’ve got a disabled card, I only use it if there’s a hill I can’t walk up, not on the flat. But yes, you get some looks drawing into a bay in a Zed until I get out with the oxygen on.... :lol:
Rob
No, another year from now to wait before any recovery might start Rob, then another year after that for the nerve to grow back if it’s going to. Roughly 50/50 chance of recovery mate.
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:38 pm

john-e89 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:36 pm
Rob
No, another year from now to wait before any recovery might start Rob, then another year after that for the nerve to grow back if it’s going to. Roughly 50/50 chance of recovery mate.
Fingers crossed for you, you seemed pretty positive at shepshed when I said hi :thumbsup:
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:51 pm

Smartbear wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:38 pm
john-e89 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:36 pm

Rob
Fingers crossed for you, you seemed pretty positive at shepshed when I said hi :thumbsup:
Rob
Cheers Rob. Glass is half full. You look around and it could be so much worse, lots of people around with loved ones in a very unlucky situation and some have lost loved ones so it puts things in perspective. It’s hard at times but there’s a chance of recovery. That fat old bird hasn’t sung yet.... :lol: :thumbsup:
MR2 MK 2
E89 35is
G29

Dorin

Post by Dorin » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:58 am

Stupid wing.I'ts a ugly Z I've ever seen.

mcbeee
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mcbeee » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:24 pm

ronk wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:34 pm Or like me, having to get the door wide open, lifting the dodgy leg over the sill and wobbling away!
Probably like you, I consider myself lucky that I can still do what I can currently do :thumbsup:
Narrow parking stalls.... can't get the door open far enough to easily get out...a common ailment world wide. Had my knee scoped a while ago and that was fun getting in and out for a bit, no twisting allowed. I told myself that when I can't get out of the cars I'll think about driving more mundane "things", like my Highlander.
Sold the Z4 M Roadster and a 911 Carrera S now I have a 2021 Z4 3.0i
8) 8) 8)

Rusky

Post by Rusky » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:33 pm

I need to keep my open for this zed as i dont live far away. Question is would you acknowledge it or cringe away :rofl:
3.0l Silver SMG, whippy and ginge fringe/ Sound gen mod/ Media bridge fitted (bluetooth and audio streaming) / Clear third break light/ Hard Top/ Eibachs springs and DLV back box/ Roof motor in the boot/ plus lots more.

markalp

Post by markalp » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:20 pm

ronk wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:33 pm I’ve had many comments / challenges parking in a limping bay (with a blue badge) in Germamy - people don’t associate a fella with a walking stick and a sports car.

I wish more would do the same in the UK.
Believe me they do comment in the UK (I have a blue badge). Some of the more memorable ones. "You are the scum of the earth" from a elderly gent who came sprinting, and i mean sprinting (I couldnt move that quickly), from 5 or 6 spaces down waving his stick at me. Also been spat on and had my wing mirror kicked off (in my old car) by some skinny guy who was waiting in a car for someone, I did retaliate on that ocasion and put their side window through with the wheel wrench from the boot :)
Alpina Roadster S LUX #030

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:37 pm

markalp wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:20 pm
ronk wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:33 pm I’ve had many comments / challenges parking in a limping bay (with a blue badge) in Germamy - people don’t associate a fella with a walking stick and a sports car.

Believe me they do comment in the UK (I have a blue badge). Some of the more memorable ones. "You are the scum of the earth" from a elderly gent who came sprinting, and i mean sprinting (I couldnt move that quickly), from 5 or 6 spaces down waving his stick at me. Also been spat on and had my wing mirror kicked off (in my old car) by some skinny guy who was waiting in a car for someone, I did retaliate on that ocasion and put their side window through with the wheel wrench from the boot :)
That’s wild!!! Did they just assume you didn’t have a badge?
To be fair to the people who commented in Germany, they were mainly offering advice to prevent a fine from the Polizei had I not had a legitamate badge.

I did get a Uk bollocking from an old git in a Sainsbury’s car park as I was reversing out of a limping bay, I had just put the badge in the glove box and told me that I should display it 100% of the time!

markalp

Post by markalp » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:08 pm

ronk wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:37 pm
markalp wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:20 pm

That’s wild!!! Did they just assume you didn’t have a badge?
To be fair to the people who commented in Germany, they were mainly offering advice to prevent a fine from the Polizei had I not had a legitamate badge.

I did get a Uk bollocking from an old git in a Sainsbury’s car park as I was reversing out of a limping bay, I had just put the badge in the glove box and told me that I should display it 100% of the time!
Must be a Sainsburys thing, both those happened in sainsbury at the top of Ladbroke Grove in London. I have had a blue badge for a loooong time, and the snide under the breath remarks are more prevelant in supermarkets than anywhere else, apart from national trust car parks where all the old dears seem to like commenting lol.

I should confess my old car was lower than the Zed and was considerably louder (now i realise just how lound that 3" turbo back exhaust was) so maybe now I am in a more "refined" car the comments will be few and far between :)
Alpina Roadster S LUX #030