Facelift seats in pre-facelift car!

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
User avatar
-banned-
Member
Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:17 pm
Location: Surrey

Facelift seats in pre-facelift car!

Post by -banned- » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:14 am

jamie_z4 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:10 am
fwiw i went from heated electric seats and they weigh as much as a small baltic island, and swapped out for some manual heated seats, there is a noticable difference in acceleration!
Are you saying 10kg made that much difference lol
Z4m coupe :driving:

Online
User avatar
jamie_z4
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2768
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:38 pm

Facelift seats in pre-facelift car!

Post by jamie_z4 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:20 am

P4K1 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:14 am
jamie_z4 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:10 am
fwiw i went from heated electric seats and they weigh as much as a small baltic island, and swapped out for some manual heated seats, there is a noticable difference in acceleration!
Are you saying 10kg made that much difference lol
have you lifted a leccy seat and a manual one? They are worlds apart! its 10kg per seat, 20kg is a noticable amount.
2005 Z4 3.0i SE Titan Silver/Pearl Grey - slightly lowered ;)

User avatar
Sky-drive
Member
Member
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:43 pm
Location: South Glos

Facelift seats in pre-facelift car!

Post by Sky-drive » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:31 am

jamie_z4 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:20 am
P4K1 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:14 am
jamie_z4 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:10 am
fwiw i went from heated electric seats and they weigh as much as a small baltic island, and swapped out for some manual heated seats, there is a noticable difference in acceleration!
Are you saying 10kg made that much difference lol
have you lifted a leccy seat and a manual one? They are worlds apart! its 10kg per seat, 20kg is a noticable amount.
.... right ... 20kg you said? ... that's me on a diet then :rofl:
Royal steering wheel | ZHP | CDV delete | AUX | DISA upgrade | cruise | MV2s | roof motor > boot | door speakers | doors sound-deadened | K&N | sound gen | aero wipers | interior LEDs | interior update in progress...

Online
User avatar
jamie_z4
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2768
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:38 pm

Facelift seats in pre-facelift car!

Post by jamie_z4 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:33 am

Sky-drive wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:31 am
jamie_z4 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:20 am
P4K1 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:14 am


Are you saying 10kg made that much difference lol
have you lifted a leccy seat and a manual one? They are worlds apart! its 10kg per seat, 20kg is a noticable amount.
.... right ... 20kg you said? ... that's me on a diet then :rofl:
yeah! manual seat is approx 56lbs and leccy one around 80lbs :)
2005 Z4 3.0i SE Titan Silver/Pearl Grey - slightly lowered ;)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 1000rr, bazza190, ben g, Bing [Bot], bmwaddict, cpatterson117, Eddy Matthews, Google Adsense [Bot], Greg 01, markplant, martz4, pip_pill, rally-chris, srhutch, thanatu55, Z4 Gaz and 30 guests