Monkey mans power adder

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Post Reply
Online
User avatar
Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 10554
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:49 pm
Location: In the shire Oxfordshire

Monkey mans power adder

Post by Machine monkey » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:39 pm

Smartbear wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:59 am
Just a thought, is your turbo post catalyst?
Rob
Yes it is unfortunately!!
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

Image

User avatar
mr wilks
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 16103
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:02 pm
Location: Lancs or Normandy , i don't mind which

Monkey mans power adder

Post by mr wilks » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:59 pm

Machine monkey wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:04 am
firebobby wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:59 pm
Well done Matt, I now know your the mad professor mate. You spoke about it and I thought nah, the new baby monkey will put a stop to that sort of thing, but no, you have persevered and well done to you. :thumbsup:
I think we will need to set up a fund for rear tyres, what sort of power are you expecting ??
Happy to have a forum fund for my rear tyres Freed. :thumbsup:
As you know i don’t mind lighting the rears up and making a bit of smoke. It might happen now without even trying!! :rofl:
So happy its heading for the finish line Mat as i know how much time , effort , planning & cash you have invested in your "built not bought" Z
Perhaps wise to remove the details of spend in case mrs M tunes into this at some point :D
Looking forward to a go when its finished just don't leave testing it out for the A34 to the channel ferry come October :roll:

PS / I'm about to take off a pair of 265 30 19 Vreds with 3mm left , you're very welcome to smoke those :oops:
9 Z4s owned :oops: no 10 is inevitable but which one ?

E86
E85
Grey///MR
3.0Si E85
E89 23i
3.0Si E85
E86
3.0Si E85
Imola///MR :driving:


No PhotoFuckit here



https://www.instagram.com/andybmwheels/

User avatar
Beedub
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 8333
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:25 pm
X-Box live gamer tag: be03dub
Location: Sutton Coldfield

Monkey mans power adder

Post by Beedub » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:22 pm

this is brillaint!!!

Well done man... well done...

I've driven a rear mount turbo car and it really worked well..... this is my new FAVE thread on the forum!! much cooler than my car with its very boring straight forward approach.
Ti silver Z4m Roadster... Homing in on a decade of ownership.... my absolute pride and joy.

User avatar
Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 4979
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:54 pm
Location: Chelmsford

Monkey mans power adder

Post by Smartbear » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:24 pm

Machine monkey wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:39 pm
Smartbear wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:59 am
Just a thought, is your turbo post catalyst?
Rob
Yes it is unfortunately!!
Maybe you could get the mot then fabricate a catless pipe as a bolt in section? Lots more exhaust flow to the blower I should think :thumbsup:
Rob
Image

e89 Sdrive2.0 18i which has apparently turned into a 20i :D
e89 Sdrive3.0i this ones busted, pass me another
e85 3.0si-sold my trouble free car...

Online
User avatar
Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 10554
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:49 pm
Location: In the shire Oxfordshire

Monkey mans power adder

Post by Machine monkey » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:50 pm

mr wilks wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:59 pm
Machine monkey wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:04 am
firebobby wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:59 pm
Well done Matt, I now know your the mad professor mate. You spoke about it and I thought nah, the new baby monkey will put a stop to that sort of thing, but no, you have persevered and well done to you. :thumbsup:
I think we will need to set up a fund for rear tyres, what sort of power are you expecting ??
Happy to have a forum fund for my rear tyres Freed. :thumbsup:
As you know i don’t mind lighting the rears up and making a bit of smoke. It might happen now without even trying!! :rofl:
So happy its heading for the finish line Mat as i know how much time , effort , planning & cash you have invested in your "built not bought" Z
Perhaps wise to remove the details of spend in case mrs M tunes into this at some point :D
Looking forward to a go when its finished just don't leave testing it out for the A34 to the channel ferry come October :roll:

PS / I'm about to take off a pair of 265 30 19 Vreds with 3mm left , you're very welcome to smoke those :oops:
Andy if your willing mate the first video on hear once she is alive!! Will be my car turning them into smoke!!

I bloody hope I have tested it before I get anywhere near heading for that ferry!!
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

Image

Online
User avatar
Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 10554
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:49 pm
Location: In the shire Oxfordshire

Monkey mans power adder

Post by Machine monkey » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:56 pm

Beedub wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:22 pm
this is brillaint!!!

Well done man... well done...

I've driven a rear mount turbo car and it really worked well..... this is my new FAVE thread on the forum!! much cooler than my car with its very boring straight forward approach.
Thanks Byron

It's horses for corses really. If I had a low millage m or any m I wouldn't have painted it, stuck a turbo on it drilled the holes I have in it! Or done half the things!
Last edited by Machine monkey on Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

Image

Online
User avatar
Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 10554
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:49 pm
Location: In the shire Oxfordshire

Monkey mans power adder

Post by Machine monkey » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:58 pm

Smartbear wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:24 pm
Machine monkey wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:39 pm
Smartbear wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:59 am
Just a thought, is your turbo post catalyst?
Rob
Yes it is unfortunately!!
Maybe you could get the mot then fabricate a catless pipe as a bolt in section? Lots more exhaust flow to the blower I should think :thumbsup:
Rob
Headers and cat (or there deletes) are on the list for the next round of mods
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

Image

User avatar
mac27040
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2812
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:17 pm
Location: Shepshed
Contact:

Monkey mans power adder

Post by mac27040 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:11 pm

Thought of you :thumbsup:

https://ibb.co/nKsogQ
3.0i SMG Supercharged silver,19" CSL,Sat nav,bluetooth,TV in motion,DSP,M6 illuminated gearknob,Eibachs,Aero Front bumper, M rear bumper,Aero skirts,Facelift front & rear lights,Ksport 8 pots,M sports seats,M MFSW,Intravee II,

rich48848
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:03 am

Monkey mans power adder

Post by rich48848 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:24 am

A really great bit of engineering there! :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing it all come together.

There's a great thread on the E90 forum about how the N52 can't be turbo'd and this guy DigiDon just goes off and bolts on a turbo which churns out near on 500hp. Most of the posts just go on about "shoulda bought a 335...", which is kind of sad really.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1223874
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1325782
Current rides: Z4 coupe, LR Defender, MX5 mk2.5, Austin 16, FV101, FV433, BRDM2
Past rides: Bedford HA van, Skoda Rapide, 405, Fiat Coupe 20VT, BMW M5 e39, Nissan GTR R-35

User avatar
GuidoK
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2164
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:37 am

Monkey mans power adder

Post by GuidoK » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:53 am

Interesting project, very unusual.
I hope the piggyback tuning doesnt frustrate the ecu and keeps the car driveable.
The ms45 is very sensitive.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs Performance clutch

Online
User avatar
Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 10554
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:49 pm
Location: In the shire Oxfordshire

Monkey mans power adder

Post by Machine monkey » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:09 am

GuidoK wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:53 am
Interesting project, very unusual.
I hope the piggyback tuning doesnt frustrate the ecu and keeps the car driveable.
The ms45 is very sensitive.
Thanks
Well we shall see?? If it dose not work I can take it out and get the standard ECU to do what I need. I just wanted to try this. The guys at Perfect power are confident it will.
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

Image

Online
User avatar
Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 10554
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:49 pm
Location: In the shire Oxfordshire

Monkey mans power adder

Post by Machine monkey » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:11 am

rich48848 wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:24 am
A really great bit of engineering there! :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing it all come together.

There's a great thread on the E90 forum about how the N52 can't be turbo'd and this guy DigiDon just goes off and bolts on a turbo which churns out near on 500hp. Most of the posts just go on about "shoulda bought a 335...", which is kind of sad really.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1223874
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1325782

I will take a look :thumbsup:
And thank you unfortunately it seems forums are like that. People just want to tell other people that won't work!! Should have done this that!!
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

Image

User avatar
Vanne
Member
Member
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:55 pm
Location: Dubai
Contact:

Monkey mans power adder

Post by Vanne » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:58 pm

Cool Thread Monkey.

Top bloody notch work by the looks of the pics mate. Ill be very interested in how you go with this mate. Subbed for sure.
Also nice to see you trying something new man, and if anyone is going to be able to pull it off, its you with your magic fab skills man. very very cool indeed.

:thumbsup:
2007 EuroSpec Z4///MC Carma FF. DMK USSk. CDV X. RPi. CSL 19" Rims. Apex. Stoptech. APR Aero. CSL intake. Epic Alpha-N. KW Cs. 288/280. SS S1.Varis. Me STB. Brembo GT. Tillett.
Image

rich48848
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:03 am

Monkey mans power adder

Post by rich48848 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:10 am

This blog talks a lot of sense on rear turbos. The car sound pretty good too!
http://www.stavtech.co.uk/home/rear-mou ... e-right-if
Current rides: Z4 coupe, LR Defender, MX5 mk2.5, Austin 16, FV101, FV433, BRDM2
Past rides: Bedford HA van, Skoda Rapide, 405, Fiat Coupe 20VT, BMW M5 e39, Nissan GTR R-35

Online
User avatar
Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 10554
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:49 pm
Location: In the shire Oxfordshire

Monkey mans power adder

Post by Machine monkey » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:47 am

mac27040 wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:11 pm
Thought of you :thumbsup:

https://ibb.co/nKsogQ
Lol
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chris1981, Ducklakeview, G600, jamie_z4, Joycey, LeeZ4MR, mjennings23, PGF, philbo909, Rally and 43 guests