Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Intravee Install Problem - Z4 Roadtser

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
billabongmac

Post by billabongmac » Sat May 30, 2015 12:06 am

Hi All,

I have bought a Intravee II + Alpine iPod unit and had tried to install this in my Z4. Unfortunately when removing the firewall in the boot reaching through the hole into the rear of the centre console I can I feel what I believe to be the i-Bus cable foe the the Intravee however it seems to feed into the centre console and through pulling it, it does't feel lie it just taped in the centre console.

I have a BMW Business CD unit with a single CD changer in the dashboard and no external CD changer. I do however have the OEM Bluetooth unit in the centre console.

Can anyone advise how I go about Installing the Intravee with this setup? from reeding past posts I don't see the Bluetooth causing a problem but I have a feeling hats where the i-Bus cable is feeding too.

This is the view of my rear bulkhead.

This is the i-Bus cable and audio cable inside the bulkhead gap which I can see which looks similar to posts I have read from other users on the forum.

This is my Bluetooth cable in in the centre console for reference.

Any help would be most appreciated, very confused Z4 owner.
Last edited by billabongmac on Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alpina Roaster S Lux #114
Gone - Z4 2.5si SE Roadster - Intravee II & Stubby

srhutch

Re: Intravee Install Problem - Z4 Roadtser

Post by srhutch » Sat May 30, 2015 12:41 am

The cable is probably taped to the floor if you don't have a cd changer fitted. It looks like you don't from the pictures as I think I can see the bottom tray.

If You are really unsure you could remove the centre console. But having fitted one only last week the wires were taped to the floor.

biojo

Post by biojo » Sat May 30, 2015 10:44 am

ye mine was looped under that backet that goes to floor from the center console cd changer blank (cubby hole)

billabongmac

Post by billabongmac » Sat May 30, 2015 11:21 am

Thanks for the advice. I have managed to get the cable out it was taped down under the bracket, making it difficult to get your hands under.
Alpina Roaster S Lux #114
Gone - Z4 2.5si SE Roadster - Intravee II & Stubby

Behr

Post by Behr » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:24 pm

Firstly, apologies for the thread revival but this is the closest thread I can find which covers what I need! I have searched and searched..

My 2003 E85 has the Business CD and a CD changer but no Bluetooth or Aux input. I am keen to integrate iPhone (SE) connectivity for music and charging would be useful (not essential), but not interested in bluetooth for calls or anything else.

To the OP - you have a similar existing setup to me - the questions is: does the Intravee work well/play nicely with the Business CD and can you shed any more light on what I will need to obtain and how to configure it all?

Many thanks in advance,

Behr.
"It's got red seats and the roof comes off. What's not to love?"