Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Eibach springs - couple of questions

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
n1nja-frog

Eibach springs - couple of questions

Post by n1nja-frog » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:40 pm

I'm thinking of having some eibach springs fitted to my 3.0si to improve the overall stance, couple of things though :

- As it has BMW AUC warranty which I intend on extending indefinitely (while it's in my ownership anyway), will swapping from OE to none OE springs affect this should a claim be needed?

- I've just been quoted £260 for fitting springs alone! This seems rather more than I was expecting - or is this the market rate?

- I'm aware it needs re-alignment afterwards - how long should the springs be left to settle, if at all, before this is done?

Cheers!

Anthony

monkadill

Re: Eibach springs - couple of questions

Post by monkadill » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:49 pm

I know its bit out of your way but Arron at http://www.arperformance.co.uk is fitting my springs, performing a Hunter alignment and fitting a Gruppe M for just over £300. Tell him i sent you and your a forum member and you will get discount.

Tel: 01553 764 600
Email: [email protected]
Stubby - Intravee - Cup holders - GapTech - Forum sticker - Gruppe M - H&R springs

R3AP4R

Post by R3AP4R » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:40 pm

Hi

Just to give you an idea! I about to have suspension change (front), including top mounts, wishbone and Arb bushes and have been quoted 3 hours £50 per hour plus VAT. I was advised that if I went full coilovers I would be looking at 3.5 hours!
2004 3.0SE/18” Ellipsoids Eibach Pro Kit/15MM Spacers Fronts 20MM Spacers Rears/CDV Delete/Back Box Delete/Projector Headlights/Run Flats Goodbye!/Machine Monkey Bottles/Machine Monkey Knob /Machine Monkey Handbrake/Carbon Badges/Ipad Install.

n1nja-frog

Post by n1nja-frog » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:16 am

I've asked a mate who can pretty much do anything mechanical - will chuck him £100 to fit them :)

NeilP

Post by NeilP » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:30 am

R3AP4R wrote:Hi

Just to give you an idea! I about to have suspension change (front), including top mounts, wishbone and Arb bushes and have been quoted 3 hours £50 per hour plus VAT. I was advised that if I went full coilovers I would be looking at 3.5 hours!
That seems like daylight robbery. Most places will charge close to £120 for coils (leaving the rest for your alignment).

Also, if you have drive train issues, they will pin that on the springs and your warranty will be void...well that's based on the assumption that BMW have a similar policy to Mercedes with regards to warranty. (Though certainly nowhere near as rude!)

But there are plenty who are lowered (and a few on air/hyrdo) who haven't had any of the usual 'lowered car' issues with popped dirveshafts and so on so hopefully you should be okay.