Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Project Marmite, Official Thread

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Swiftly
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Project Marmite, Official Thread

Post by Swiftly » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:29 pm

................................... El Taco now thinking of a come back response, I can't wait as it beats whats on the TV :rofl:
Replacement, G29 Z4 M40i Lci in Alpine White :wub:
Gone G29 Z4 M40i in San Francisco Red
Gone F22 M240i auto coupe in Estoril Blue
Gone 2007 E85 3.0si Sport in Silver Grey,

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:01 am

PerryGunn wrote:
El Taco wrote: :D fantastic pie (Pye) joke :D :D but you are dealing with dullards of the highest order
You mean dullards who can spell Pi correctly....?
The PYE bit had me wondering !

Inthought I'd missed something earlier.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ewazix » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:11 am

El Taco wrote:
Ewazix wrote:20p coin - Any odd numbered polygon will work, same principle as the Wankle engine, bloody clever really 8)

ElTaco old bean, having seen the evidence you can now safely join in the modd'ing fun and change your road wheels to this shape, all will be smooth and dandy :thumbsup:

Odd numbered would be right. Not a hexagon. But if you think that's an autocorrect with Brad that is fine. Good that some of you can count.

Nice graphic of the polygon. The original tease was about the nature of a chord and also the ability to count. Wasted here
I know we shouldn't feed the trolls, but "nature of a chord". Error? or another of your incredibly witty and subtle teases :yawn:
(The whole point of Brad's explanation about the sill, the 20p analogy and the graphic is the use of a constant curve to intersect points on a circle, not a chord which in trigonometry is a very specifically a straight line).

Anyway back on topic, as I said at the start of Brad's adventure I don't really like modded cars and only chipped in to support the project because I admired Brad's tenacity to do something different despite the bad luck and kicking he was getting. If the end result is the automotive equivalent of Frankenstein's monster, plastic surgery that's gone wrong or or a really bad tranny at least Brad will have something that people can't help staring at :thumbsup:
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

bradmarsh1989

Post by bradmarsh1989 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:15 am

One year 4 months later and this car is still causing a riot. Good times. I am almost finished with the road testing portion of the car build, having clocked up close to 600miles in a relatively short space of time I can safely say the car is ready to be painted with no worries about cracking, body fractures or safety issues.

I will bring the car back into it's garage home and begin work on the prep pieces for paint, i'm going to be adding a load of carbon doohickeys to the car, for that time attack/ GT racer 'look' i'm also going to be performing a secondary CAT delete at some point aswell as I don't need those :D... I also found a load of 'weights' that were bolted onto the underside of the car which BMW attach to the regular exhaust set up and removed all of those which came to around 7kg in total... easy weight removal for ALL BMW cars if you ever need to, they're supposed to stop vibrations and such on the exhaust but frankly they don't do anything except weight your car down... trust me, just take a 19mm hex key (be careful might be hept <--- don't let El Taco catch me out again) and unscrew it from your exhaust system and see how heavy those suckers are! OMG!

Updates soon!

El Taco

Post by El Taco » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:23 pm

bradmarsh1989 wrote:One year 4 months later and this car is still causing a riot. Good times. I am almost finished with the road testing portion of the car build, having clocked up close to 600miles in a relatively short space of time I can safely say the car is ready to be painted with no worries about cracking, body fractures or safety issues.

I will bring the car back into it's garage home and begin work on the prep pieces for paint, i'm going to be adding a load of carbon doohickeys to the car, for that time attack/ GT racer 'look' i'm also going to be performing a secondary CAT delete at some point aswell as I don't need those :D... I also found a load of 'weights' that were bolted onto the underside of the car which BMW attach to the regular exhaust set up and removed all of those which came to around 7kg in total... easy weight removal for ALL BMW cars if you ever need to, they're supposed to stop vibrations and such on the exhaust but frankly they don't do anything except weight your car down... trust me, just take a 19mm hex key (be careful might be hept <--- don't let El Taco catch me out again) and unscrew it from your exhaust system and see how heavy those suckers are! OMG!

Updates soon!

Yes, keep it going.

It's been emotional.

Danderton

Post by Danderton » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:01 pm

Working down in Poole today as my company had a site down there. Nipped out for lunch and to pop to a car dealer to have a look around for my new company car, parked up then spotted a very familiar car in front of me.

Didn't know you lived down here Brad.

Small world

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Model: Sterling Grey 3.0i Z4 Roadster
Upgrades: M Steering Wheel : ZHP : 224 Alloys : Black Kidneys : Clear Repeaters : Pioneer X580DAB : Stubby

bradmarsh1989

Post by bradmarsh1989 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:45 pm

Danderton wrote:Didn't know you lived down here Brad.

Small world
Yup! Born and bred in Poole, I work as the digital marketing manager for Nissan/Toyota here. Thanks for spotting the car :)

Danderton

Post by Danderton » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:25 pm

Ah it was the nissan dealership I was looking round as considering ordering a qashqai tekna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Model: Sterling Grey 3.0i Z4 Roadster
Upgrades: M Steering Wheel : ZHP : 224 Alloys : Black Kidneys : Clear Repeaters : Pioneer X580DAB : Stubby

bradmarsh1989

Post by bradmarsh1989 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:54 pm

Does anyone wanna get me out of this mess? I can't turn around and there's a queue of traffic going back 2 miles because of my poor navigational choices.

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by PerryGunn » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:59 pm

bradmarsh1989 wrote:Does anyone wanna get me out of this mess? I can't turn around and there's a queue of traffic going back 2 miles because of my poor navigational choices.

Stop giving El Taco ammunition :lol:
Alpina Roadster S #320
* Quaife ATB LSD * StrongStrut Braces * Turner RTAB Limiters * Gap-Tech RCH+ *
* Intravee & KCA-420i * Mini 0806 * Cheetah C550 * Stubby *

Z4M-2006
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Z4M-2006 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:39 pm

Still reminds me of an angry Pokemon

bradmarsh1989

Post by bradmarsh1989 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:52 am

The latest Project marmite (sub project)

Audi R8 style wing mirrors with flashing LED indicators... as you all know I bought some crappy wing mirrors off ebay so it would pass MOT because it needed indicators in the wing mirrors, the ebay ones were terrible and ill fitting so I've gone down the route of putting LED's into the stock wing mirrors. FYI an easy mod if anyone else wants to do the same!! :D

Each LED has the same brightness (visually, not mathmatically for all you internets professionals out theres!) of a 25 watt bulb and I have 12 in each wing mirror, so you do the math! :D
Last edited by bradmarsh1989 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

lux
Lifer
Lifer

Post by lux » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:50 am

Each one cant be as bright as a 25w bulb unless each LED is around 5 watts which is impossible as the heat sink for that lot would be bigger than the wing mirror. (lighting professional here :wink: Lux = a unit of light measurement)

Like the look though Brad :thumbsup:
981 Cayman Agate Grey

bradmarsh1989

Post by bradmarsh1989 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:56 am

lux wrote:Each one cant be as bright as a 25w bulb unless each LED is around 5 watts which is impossible as the heat sink for that lot would be bigger than the wing mirror. (lighting professional here :wink: Lux = a unit of light measurement)

Like the look though Brad :thumbsup:
I meant figuratively, like they are bloody bright! :D

lux
Lifer
Lifer

Post by lux » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:07 am

:lol: nice edit Brad....sorry didnt mean to pi$$ in your crisps.....they look great whatever the brightness.
981 Cayman Agate Grey