Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

OMG!!!!!

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

OMG!!!!!

Post by Ducklakeview » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:07 pm

Boris wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:13 pm I think they were listening to the general train of thought :D

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/audi ... spartanntp

LOL!! Interesting quote by the head of Audi Sport in that article, which to me pretty much sums up Audi drivers..
“Our cars will remain distinguished, but never pimped. We’ll always offer high performance, but at the same time our cars must be comfortable – and give you a feeling that you are better than you expect.”
:fuelfire: :fuelfire:

Mike

Boris

OMG!!!!!

Post by Boris » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:09 pm

Ducklakeview wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:07 pm
Boris wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:13 pm I think they were listening to the general train of thought :D

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/audi ... spartanntp

LOL!! Interesting quote by the head of Audi Sport in that article, which to me pretty much sums up Audi drivers..
“Our cars will remain distinguished, but never pimped. We’ll always offer high performance, but at the same time our cars must be comfortable – and give you a feeling that you are better than you expect.”
:fuelfire: :fuelfire:

Mike
Oye, :poke: I myself have been an Audi driver since 1991, however I have defected this year in buying a new E Class Estate and then the Z4 for sunny days :o

Angelus666

OMG!!!!!

Post by Angelus666 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:39 pm

Agree with the sentiment on here....my wife loves a fast Audi (we've had the TTs, TTRS) because they're safe and predictable, but driving one after a BMW they feel so dull and boring. However, I'd admit they're a better daily driver in this country though.

Simon Blythe

OMG!!!!!

Post by Simon Blythe » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:49 pm

When I've saved up Mike

BMWZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

OMG!!!!!

Post by BMWZ4MC » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:44 pm

Ducklakeview wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:02 pm
Simon Blythe wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:11 pm Trust me my gorgeous SI is going nowhere 😊 It was just a nice car to drive and it sounded great. Just want to pull the exhaust note out on mine now
I can help with that :roll:

Back on topic though, I know what you mean about the understeer. At the end of the day, these are really front wheel drive, with power diverted to the rear when needed, subject to a max of 60/40 F/R so although they grip, they are never going to feel the same as "proper" RWD car. BUT, it's all about safety and making the driver feel secure. Horses for courses. I noticed recently when looking at cars with my friend, that the AMG C43 is AWD, but the C63 he bought is RWD..

Mike
The B7 RS4 default torque split is 60% rear bias, increasing to 80% if conditions demand it. It's one of the few Audis that doesn't have the characteristic Audi understeer and handles remarkably well for a 1.8 ton car thanks largely to the active dampers.
Cross country on damp, poorly made roads it would show a clean pair of heels to a contemporary M3 or my Z4M.
It's one of the last cars that will mate a high revving (8250rpm) naturally aspirated V8 to a manual only gearbox outside of a supercar. The engine is a remarkable piece of engineering too, although direct injection is not without problems.
I'm all for Audi-hating, but that's one car that shouldn't be underestimated or dismissed out of hand.
Z4MC - heavily fettled for track use
Lotus Exige - sensible daily driver on the mods slippery slope
Westfield SEiW - in hibernation
Modified RS4 Avant - back in Blighty
S2000 GT - gone

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

OMG!!!!!

Post by Ducklakeview » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:50 pm

BMWZ4MC wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:44 pm
Ducklakeview wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:02 pm
Simon Blythe wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:11 pm Trust me my gorgeous SI is going nowhere 😊 It was just a nice car to drive and it sounded great. Just want to pull the exhaust note out on mine now
I can help with that :roll:

Back on topic though, I know what you mean about the understeer. At the end of the day, these are really front wheel drive, with power diverted to the rear when needed, subject to a max of 60/40 F/R so although they grip, they are never going to feel the same as "proper" RWD car. BUT, it's all about safety and making the driver feel secure. Horses for courses. I noticed recently when looking at cars with my friend, that the AMG C43 is AWD, but the C63 he bought is RWD..

Mike
The B7 RS4 default torque split is 60% rear bias, increasing to 80% if conditions demand it. It's one of the few Audis that doesn't have the characteristic Audi understeer and handles remarkably well for a 1.8 ton car thanks largely to the active dampers.
Cross country on damp, poorly made roads it would show a clean pair of heels to an M3 or my Z4M.
The engine is a remarkable piece of engineering too, although direct injection is not without problems.
I'm all for Audi-hating, but that's one car that shouldn't be underestimated.

Hmm...

RS6 Avant still on my possible list (the V10 one obviously) if I decide to keep the stopgap 7 seater and treat myself :D

Mike

BMWZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

OMG!!!!!

Post by BMWZ4MC » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:04 am

I think all fast Audis are better as Avants, but that is a bit of a whale and struggles is the corners! That said, they sound amazing with a Miltek exhaust and are a 200mph car when de-restricted.
Z4MC - heavily fettled for track use
Lotus Exige - sensible daily driver on the mods slippery slope
Westfield SEiW - in hibernation
Modified RS4 Avant - back in Blighty
S2000 GT - gone