Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Not driving my Z4M...not driving in Europe (went to Japan and drove.....)

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
Franzino

Post by Franzino » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:08 pm

When I was in Japan last week I went on a little road trip in Hakone... I wanted to drive the Hakone Turnpike with an Japanese Sportscar. A friend and I rented a modified Mitsubishi Evo VI Tommi Makinen and a tuned Honda S2000. There were also some other people from Australia in our group and off we went for one hell of a day of driving on the epic mount roads in Hakone Japan.....and yes that mountain on the pictures in Mount Fuji! The other people drove the following cars; Subaru Impreza STI, Nissan GTR R34, Honda NSX. It was an epic and magical day for me as a petrolhead. Another thing I can take of my bucket list :)

Happy NY everybody and enjoy the pic's....

Franzino

Post by Franzino » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:14 pm

Some short clips....

Short clip of me driving the S2000 on the legendary Mazda Turnpike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGWOw_UChLA

Short clip of me driving the EVO VI when following my friend in the S2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5bijffUNG0

patriot66
Lifer
Lifer

Post by patriot66 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:07 pm

Superb ! Very envious of you. The cars you were driving don't really 'float my boat' but the roads, scenery and everything else...wow ! Alison and I are hoping to get a trip to Japan in the next couple of years...can't wait ! Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:
Sterling Grey '03 2.5i SE / Infinitas Supercharger / S.M.G / Hardtop / Gloss Black 162s / Bilstein B4s / 3.0i Brakes / DLV De-Cat & Silencer / Rebuilt VANOS / Sonar 2Xcite Lights / Carbon & Alcantara Trim / M-Sport Seats / ...& Side Covers !

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:20 pm

That looks like a great little adventure and a whole lot of fun. :D Here too, not my kind of cars. But it's more about the driving and the adventure, so that don't matter a hoot. Thanks for posting. :thumbsup:

TomK

Post by TomK » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:45 pm

That looks awesome Franzino, wow. Great selection of appropriate machinery, did you get to try them all? Who rents out that kind of stuff?

s2000 sounds mental at 9k!
MC[IB], CSL airbox, Schrick 288/280 cams, 4.44FD, UUC SSK, SS race cat back, AP CP9660[F]/5144[R] brakes, Apex ARC-8 with AR-1 or PS5, KW ClubSport 2-way, Turner spherical arms, PMC uniball rtab, VB engine mounts, Rogue pulleys & RSMs, Tillett B6, half cage

Glyn

Post by Glyn » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:12 pm

That looks so fun! I've fond memories of an R34 I used to have before getting into Z4s.
Also is that the host showing you the respective scenes from Initial-D? :driving:
2013 E89 SDrive35is - Melbourne Red
2005 E85 Alpina Roadster S Lux - Japan Red - SOLD

Franzino

Post by Franzino » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:07 am

Glyn wrote:That looks so fun! I've fond memories of an R34 I used to have before getting into Z4s.
Also is that the host showing you the respective scenes from Initial-D? :driving:
Correct!

Franzino

Post by Franzino » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:08 am

TomK wrote:That looks awesome Franzino, wow. Great selection of appropriate machinery, did you get to try them all? Who rents out that kind of stuff?

s2000 sounds mental at 9k!
fun2drive @ Hakone

I only drove the S2000 and EVO TM; those are the 2 cars that my friend and I rented...

Franzino

Post by Franzino » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:12 am

buzyg wrote:That looks like a great little adventure and a whole lot of fun. :D Here too, not my kind of cars. But it's more about the driving and the adventure, so that don't matter a hoot. Thanks for posting. :thumbsup:
Actually the tuned S2000 and Mitsubishi EVO TM are great driver cars and I loved driving them... The look of the cars is not something that appeals me; but I value their technical achievement and how nice those Japanese sport cars drive. Driving those cars in Japan on those roads is just something that feels like a great combination. :thumbsup:

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MrPT » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:17 am

Saw your Z4M vid in my YouTube sidebar and I thought "hey, I know that guy!". Then ended up looking at these ones.

Wow! Reminds me of early morning starts on the Scottish north coast. I'm guessing that people in your convoy new the roads pretty well, judging by some of the cornering speeds?! :driving:
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone