Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Retiring the Z4MR, 535d, JCW or M240i

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
mj2k

Post by mj2k » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:44 pm

Angie4m wrote:Think they've got a cheek to charge 3.5k for the JCW kit if you want a chilli red S but don't have a JCW edition.
Is it just the fact that the chilli red roof is reserved for the JCW, or is the colour not available at all?

JCW seems to be topping the list at the moment, probably in the same colour as my last JCW in silver white with a red roof.

All now depends on where the job takes me as to whether I need a diesel.

Do find it weird though that the lease price on the JCW is as high as the 535d...never leased a car before, but if it is one of the companies, the commute is so short as to not warm up the engine so don't want to live with any issues from short runs.
2016 F82 M4 Comp Pack, Mineral White
2016 F56 JCW - GONE
2007 ZMR, Titanium Silver for sunny days
2012 N18 JCW - GONE
2007 3.0si Z4C, Stratus Grey, Amarone Leather - GONE
2013 520d F10 - GONE

Angie4m
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Angie4m » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:38 am

mj2k wrote:
Angie4m wrote:Think they've got a cheek to charge 3.5k for the JCW kit if you want a chilli red S but don't have a JCW edition.
Is it just the fact that the chilli red roof is reserved for the JCW, or is the colour not available at all?

JCW seems to be topping the list at the moment, probably in the same colour as my last JCW in silver white with a red roof.

All now depends on where the job takes me as to whether I need a diesel.

Do find it weird though that the lease price on the JCW is as high as the 535d...never leased a car before, but if it is one of the companies, the commute is so short as to not warm up the engine so don't want to live with any issues from short runs.
Chilli red is avalible as a stabdard colour and it just seems to be on the S that when you select that colour you need that pack, even if you make the roof a different colour. I had a red roof on my R52 which wasn't a common thing to do back then along with a panoramic roof.

Wow! That's pretty expensive then just to lease it but I suppose it's a popular car.
Deep Sea Blue sDrive35is - I LOVE IT! Best car I've ever owned :) - Gone
RRS V8 Supercharged - Gone
Abarth 595 Competizione - Gone
Yas Marina Blue M4 Coupe - Gone

Current:
Protonic Blue i8
Amethyst 997
F56 JCW Challenge (19 of 52)

Still Shy and retiring

Paulwirral

Post by Paulwirral » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:13 am

I'd be looking towards the 240i , I've had a 340i since end of last year , it's a great engine and mated to the 8 speed auto it makes a great package , genuinely fast and seeing as we have never re set the on board computer since we bought it , it returns a real world mpg of just short of 32 mpg over 6000 miles , mines a touring so I'd expect the 240i to be a little better .

mj2k

Post by mj2k » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:17 am

It is a nice decision to have, but struggling...first world problems and all...

I've now discovered the Pro exhaust from the Mini dealer at about £1.6k...Bluetooth flap that opens up for huge pops & bangs; will the standard exhaust ever be good enough for me now lol. In fairness, probably it will, just wished I hadn't found this option.

If I went JCW it is probably best to keep it on the std exhaust & put something louder on the M :D
2016 F56 JCW - GONE
2012 N18 JCW - GONE
2013 520d F10 - GONE

mj2k

Post by mj2k » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:49 pm

Well, headed to the BMW and mini garage today.

Sat in all 3 cars, and only the mini felt special to me.

Took it for a test drive, loved it. Unfortunately it had the Bluetooth exhaust fitted, and fell in love with that as well...so a £1.6k option needed!! But dear lord those pops and bangs and gurgles were addictive, kept just coming off the throttle to hear them :D

Only downside I found is that like my old R56 JCW, something about a hot hatch makes me drive like I'm a hooligan.

Currently looking through the finance deals available, but they seem few and far between for any bargains!
2016 F56 JCW - GONE
2012 N18 JCW - GONE
2013 520d F10 - GONE

Zeld4

Post by Zeld4 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:17 am

mj2k wrote:Well, headed to the BMW and mini garage today.

Took it for a test drive, loved it. Unfortunately it had the Bluetooth exhaust fitted, and fell in love with that as well...so a £1.6k option needed!! But dear lord those pops and bangs and gurgles were addictive, kept just coming off the throttle to hear them :D

Only downside I found is that like my old R56 JCW, something about a hot hatch makes me drive like I'm a hooligan.

Currently looking through the finance deals available, but they seem few and far between for any bargains!
If you can't see any bargains then you need to get bargaining. Are you looking just to pay a monthly hire with no down payment?

Zeld4

Post by Zeld4 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:17 am

mj2k wrote:Well, headed to the BMW and mini garage today.

If you can't see any bargains then you need to get bargaining. Are you looking just to pay a monthly hire with no down payment?

mj2k

Post by mj2k » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:39 pm

Zeld4 wrote: If you can't see any bargains then you need to get bargaining. Are you looking just to pay a monthly hire with no down payment?
Never leased a car in any way previously. I don't quite 'get it', as after a few years I then have a balloon payment, or walk away with nothing. In my head just getting a loan / using savings to pay it outright seems more logical - I am in control if I want to sell it & don't have any mileage limitations etc.

Perhaps I am just missing the benefits somewhere in the whole lease thing?!

I've built my car on the configurator, and it comes in just shy of £30k (for a mini!!), plus then the exhaust which is a must have. Waiting for the first dealer to come back with his best price and will then start calling about. Can't seem to believe there will be any huge savings available to be honest, 2 JCWs were purchases while I was in the dealers...seem popular!
2016 F56 JCW - GONE
2012 N18 JCW - GONE
2013 520d F10 - GONE

Zeld4

Post by Zeld4 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:07 pm

mj2k wrote:
Zeld4 wrote: If you can't see any bargains then you need to get bargaining. Are you looking just to pay a monthly hire with no down payment?
Never leased a car in any way previously. I don't quite 'get it', as after a few years I then have a balloon payment, or walk away with nothing. In my head just getting a loan / using savings to pay it outright seems more logical - I am in control if I want to sell it & don't have any mileage limitations etc.

I've built my car on the configurator, and it comes in just shy of £30k (for a mini!!), plus then the exhaust which is a must have. Waiting for the first dealer to come back with his best price and will then start calling about. Can't seem to believe there will be any huge savings available to be honest, 2 JCWs were purchases while I was in the dealers...seem popular!
Yeah the pcp thing is a bit swings and roundabouts. I was looking at cooper S works with a dealer I know quite well. They had deposit contribution of 1250 and took another 1000 off with out any real effort off a car costing 29k. I get the feeling there would have been more negotiation on price and interest rates.

But a mate of mine has just got what I think is a cracking deal on a new M140i. The car is specced to almost 38k, he got it for 31.5k. He's on a 3 year PCP deal with an interest rate of 4.1%. His balloon payment is 15k. He's putting quite a big deposit down but even so, if he paid the balloon after 3 years his total expenditure would be about 34k on a car that retails with options at almost 38k. Seems to be some cracking new car deals on at the moment

mj2k

Post by mj2k » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:04 pm

Zeld4 wrote:
mj2k wrote:

Yeah the pcp thing is a bit swings and roundabouts. I was looking at cooper S works with a dealer I know quite well. They had deposit contribution of 1250 and took another 1000 off with out any real effort off a car costing 29k. I get the feeling there would have been more negotiation on price and interest rates.

But a mate of mine has just got what I think is a cracking deal on a new M140i. The car is specced to almost 38k, he got it for 31.5k. He's on a 3 year PCP deal with an interest rate of 4.1%. His balloon payment is 15k. He's putting quite a big deposit down but even so, if he paid the balloon after 3 years his total expenditure would be about 34k on a car that retails with options at almost 38k. Seems to be some cracking new car deals on at the moment
There's £1k contribution at the moment, and probably some wiggle room on the price of fitting the exhaust, but 3 dealers so far and very little beyond that. They know there aren't many available second hand & they seem to be selling rather well; making a bargain a little tricky.
2016 F56 JCW - GONE
2012 N18 JCW - GONE
2013 520d F10 - GONE

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by PerryGunn » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:24 pm

Have you tried Broadspeed (or similar) to see what sort of discount you could get through them?
Alpina Roadster S #320
* Quaife ATB LSD * StrongStrut Braces * Turner RTAB Limiters * Gap-Tech RCH+ *
* Intravee & KCA-420i * Mini 0806 * Cheetah C550 * Stubby *

mj2k

Post by mj2k » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:14 am

PerryGunn wrote:Have you tried Broadspeed (or similar) to see what sort of discount you could get through them?
Hi Perry,

They offer a £650 saving from Broadspeed. Looked at some others, and they either offer zero discount, or don't offer the car at all. The challenge is then the dealer fit option for the exhaust which wont be at a discount at all, and depending on the tips is roughly £2k fitted or £2.5k with the carbon ones :o

One dealer has come back with a fairly decent discount of 7.5% driven their discount, finance discount & having the exhaust offered to me at cost (carbon one too :D ). Already £2.5k cheaper than the first dealer, so feels a more positive place to start negotiations from.
2016 F56 JCW - GONE
2012 N18 JCW - GONE
2013 520d F10 - GONE

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by PerryGunn » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:33 am

mj2k wrote:
PerryGunn wrote:Have you tried Broadspeed (or similar) to see what sort of discount you could get through them?
Hi Perry,

They offer a £650 saving from Broadspeed. Looked at some others, and they either offer zero discount, or don't offer the car at all. The challenge is then the dealer fit option for the exhaust which wont be at a discount at all, and depending on the tips is roughly £2k fitted or £2.5k with the carbon ones :o

One dealer has come back with a fairly decent discount of 7.5% driven their discount, finance discount & having the exhaust offered to me at cost (carbon one too :D ). Already £2.5k cheaper than the first dealer, so feels a more positive place to start negotiations from.
£2.5k for a 'zorst... on a mini...!! Madness....
Alpina Roadster S #320

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by PerryGunn » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:43 am

I wanted to see what you get for £2.5k but on the mini site

https://www.mini.co.uk/jcwkitoffers

It lists the 'JCW PRO EXHAUST, CARBON OR CHROME - FROM £1,300 INCL. FITTING', the carbon one is down as £1,500 inc. fitting

Are you being ripped off....?
Alpina Roadster S #320

mj2k

Post by mj2k » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:09 pm

PerryGunn wrote:I wanted to see what you get for £2.5k but on the mini site

https://www.mini.co.uk/jcwkitoffers

It lists the 'JCW PRO EXHAUST, CARBON OR CHROME - FROM £1,300 INCL. FITTING', the carbon one is down as £1,500 inc. fitting

Are you being ripped off....?
:thumbsup: Thanks mate - an interesting discussion with the dealer to follow shortly :x

MINI JCW PRO EXHAUST (fitted) £2,000.00 in on the initial quotation....the cheek of them! they are charging more than the cost of the Cooper S tune & exhaust there....certainly would appear that the original dealer has lost a lot of trust from me on this. Hadnt even thought to look on the mini website, as just assumed that the dealer would get these prices off a system!

The second dealer I've spoken to offered the carbon one for sub £1k, which I'm happy with along with the other bits, which is now c.12% off list price.

Third dealer I'm playing phone tag with presently (bloody meetings getting in the way!), but will ask them directly on the cost of this when they do call :P (update, their pricing was way too high, and weirdly even the finance had a higher monthly cost)

This is what got the inner child in me enjoying the exhaust....I should be too old for this, but at least I can switch it off when required

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_a5x9uUvHc

Probably not to everyone's taste :lol:
2016 F56 JCW - GONE
2012 N18 JCW - GONE
2013 520d F10 - GONE