Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z4 bonnet badge ?!

Claying, polishing, waxing... share your secrets in here.
yazmarie

Z4 bonnet badge ?!

Post by yazmarie » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:38 pm

Apologies in advance if there is already a post but having problems finding a bonnet badge for my car as when looking online it states they are 82mm for the bonnet which it isn't !

Can't find the correct size with right attachments !

Thanks xx :thumbsup:

Zoomer

Z4 bonnet badge ?!

Post by Zoomer » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:39 pm

Got mine from a dealer
Sterling Grey 3.0i E85 Black Heated Leather M sports seats , 224's ,Sat Nav, Bluetooth, Xenons, PDC, Gaptech ,Cruise and a nice warm garage. NOW GONE
Silver 3.0i Z4 NOW GONE

yazmarie

Z4 bonnet badge ?!

Post by yazmarie » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:47 pm

Zoomer wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:39 pm Got mine from a dealer
That will be my last option
Just wanted to know correct sizes for bonnet and boot as preff wanted a black set of badges to go back on

Bing
Legend
Legend

Z4 bonnet badge ?!

Post by Bing » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:58 pm

The bonnet is a weird one, it's 70mm. If you order one from fleabay just make sure it comes with the lugs to screw it on. Much better than sticking it with silicone. And don't get sucked into buying a 73mm one - it will fit, but will need fettled to do so. The boot is 82mm, same size as the side repeater badges, but the boot one has 2 wee lugs that slide into rubber gromits in the boot lid.

Having messed about with aftermarket ones before I'd just go to a dealer now. Mainly because it's just easy - it's definitely the more expensive choice though.
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

yazmarie

Z4 bonnet badge ?!

Post by yazmarie » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:24 am

Bing wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:58 pm The bonnet is a weird one, it's 70mm. If you order one from fleabay just make sure it comes with the lugs to screw it on. Much better than sticking it with silicone. And don't get sucked into buying a 73mm one - it will fit, but will need fettled to do so. The boot is 82mm, same size as the side repeater badges, but the boot one has 2 wee lugs that slide into rubber gromits in the boot lid.

Having messed about with aftermarket ones before I'd just go to a dealer now. Mainly because it's just easy - it's definitely the more expensive choice though.

Thank you this was very helpful :)
I ordered a wheel centre one and tried gluing that to the bonnet and it just ended up messy haha !!
Don't know why there is none around in 70mm

Main dealer it is then :(

Bing
Legend
Legend

Z4 bonnet badge ?!

Post by Bing » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:21 pm

I think the Z4 is the only car to have that size badge, so it's not easy to get hold of them as the demand is not high. There was a guy a while back who sold really good - and pretty cheap - reps, but he isn't in business anymore. The bonnet takes a lot of abuse though, so the dealer one will last longer than a stuck together copy.
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

Tabz123

Z4 bonnet badge ?!

Post by Tabz123 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:41 pm

Hi

Is there a similar issue for buying the wheel caps ?

I was about to buy a set of 8 from ebay including bonnet and boot badges

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/7PCS-BLACK-CARB ... Ciid%253A4
Tabz :thumbsup:

Cruising in a E89 Z4 2.0 20i msport (black/red)

RyanB88

Z4 bonnet badge ?!

Post by RyanB88 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:18 pm

Useful info, thanks
Z4 now sold :(

Current - M235i :thumbsup: