Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Autosmart Topaz "hybrid" wax/polish

Claying, polishing, waxing... share your secrets in here.
mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Autosmart Topaz "hybrid" wax/polish

Post by mr wilks » Fri May 22, 2015 6:20 pm

This stuff gets a big:thumbsup: from me ,
My car was manky when i landed home earlier so happy to see a bottle of the above waiting for me .
Took an hour to wash & dry but this stuff took around 15mins on & off :o pi55 easy for any numpty like me with no machinery required
I do like AutoSmart products so was keen to try this out , i like a high shine,wet look as easy as poss without shelling out silly money so £12 for 1 litre of this seems a complete bargain .
It does as all the reviews say so if you are looking for a similar product you shouldnt be disappointed
Also extremely long lasting by all accounts

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Autosmart-Top ... 3f45686958
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

stevo///m3

Re: Autosmart Topaz "hybrid" wax/polish

Post by stevo///m3 » Fri May 22, 2015 6:40 pm

Wow! That does look extremely slick! You're good with a silver car and I haven't looked at the product and also viewing on my crap phone - will look later on't puter - but that does look really good. If you're going to the M62 meet, hope to see it Sunday for a good look. Nice work anyway, chap!
Stevo
SOLD - '07 MCoupe-Sapphire Metallic-Imola leather-piano black
Previous: E36 Evo Vert
Current: ocean-going G31 estate
Insta: stevothecrab

jaRED

Post by jaRED » Fri May 22, 2015 7:12 pm

Beautifully shiny :thumbsup:
Redzed coupe gone but not forgotten :? , Lotus Evora providing the smiles now :driving:

paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paulgs1000 » Fri May 22, 2015 7:16 pm

Just bought some - will give it a try.

I usually use SRP from AutoGlym which is also very very easy to use but reading the blurb this doesn't have the overspill and white residue around badges etc. :thumbsup:

Thanks for posting. :thumbsup:

:driving: :thumbsup:
Now Porsche flat 6 experience, 986S & 981S.
2006 Z4MR Imola Red/Imola Red, 2008 3.0si Sport Stratus Grey/Piano black, 2006 2.0I Sport Silver Grey Facelift. MX5, TVR Chimaera, many motorbikes.

TR4man

Post by TR4man » Fri May 22, 2015 7:21 pm

Hope you are on a retainer Mr Wilks because I've just bought some too before they run out.
2006 E86 Si Sport as a daily driver.

jamiez

Post by jamiez » Fri May 22, 2015 7:28 pm

I took a punt as well for 11 quid ...
Z4MC | Midnight Blue | OEM CSL's + MPSS | Extended Light Sepang Leather | Folding Mirrors | Stubby| BT | Prof Nav | DSP HiFi | Intravee | Privacy | Illuminated ZHP…

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Fri May 22, 2015 7:29 pm

Haha , no retainer & no connection to the detailing trade .
I did read a lot about it before purchase & whilst i know there are amateur & pro detailers on the forum who have their own way of doing things i like to play around with different products at a fraction of the price that imo give a decent finish .
I did clay the car last week & apply some carnuba to the paint so this product has gone on top .
1 reviewer said he had tried applying wheel cleaner to a sample panel & the Topaz was not effected in any way so i have also sealed my alloys with it :thumbsup:

Pic of my wifes 10 yr old X3 earlier after 1 coat of Topaz , it took literally 20mins on & off plus you can do all seals & glass with it if you like . also takes very little effort to remove as opposed to many products
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paulgs1000 » Sat May 30, 2015 1:12 pm

Having bought a litre of this product I tried it out this morning and compared it to Auto Glyms Super Resin Polish.

It's slightly more difficult to polish up - needs a little more pressure and going over, whilst the SRP is nearly a wipe off - not much in it though

The fact it doesn't leave a white chalky residue is brilliant and a big plus in my book.

The finish is as good if not better than SRP

The problem for me was that it is an excellent product on good paint but it seems to lack fillers and so scratches and imperfections aren't disguised quite as well as they are with the SRP. I found a second coat and hard polishing brought better results.

Not a great deal in it though - I was very happy with the results and just used the SRP on the light scratches and and marked areas.

I'm going to use it and just overcoat with SRP on the sections where needed - if your paint is in good condition then this gives a great finish and excellent value :thumbsup:

2006 Z4MR Imola Red/Imola Red, 2008 3.0si Sport Stratus Grey/Piano black, 2006 2.0I Sport Silver Grey Facelift. MX5, TVR Chimaera, many motorbikes.

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Sat May 30, 2015 1:26 pm

Nice work Paul & surprised you found it hard to remove ?
I waited a while for it to dry completely then found i could virtually flirt a soft cloth over the paint & leave a shine with zero effort at all :?
Plus i thought SRP should always be used prior to anything else as it cleans & fills , then apply the Topaz on top as a sealer
Does the paint feel totally glasslike & free of any speckles when you touch with finger tips ?
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markplant » Sat May 30, 2015 1:36 pm

I have shall have to try this andy. Good work looks good :thumbsup:
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paulgs1000 » Sat May 30, 2015 1:54 pm

mr wilks wrote:Nice work Paul & surprised you found it hard to remove ?
I waited a while for it to dry completely then found i could virtually flirt a soft cloth over the paint & leave a shine with zero effort at all :?
Plus i thought SRP should always be used prior to anything else as it cleans & fills , then apply the Topaz on top as a sealer
Does the paint feel totally glasslike & free of any speckles when you touch with finger tips ?
No I didn't let it dry completely Andy - maybe try that the next time. Will also try the Topaz after the Auto Glym (didn't know it cleaned) - makes sense - though I'm like you - looking for the quickest and easiest route :lol:

I clay the Zed about twice a year so the paintwork surface is very smooth and glass like, yes. It's about ready for it's next clay - generally do it before the Nationals :D

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Sat May 30, 2015 2:09 pm

paulgs1000 wrote:
mr wilks wrote:Nice work Paul & surprised you found it hard to remove ?
No I didn't let it dry completely Andy - maybe try that the next time. Will also try the Topaz after the Auto Glym (didn't know it cleaned) - makes sense - though I'm like you - looking for the quickest and easiest route :lol:

Afaik the SRP will remove any product that is on the paint so only use to clean as opposed to wax
Only found out myself after applying it after Poorboys Blackhole glaze on my black Zcoupe then being informed (i think it was Z4M-2006) i had just removed all my previous efforts with the AG :cry:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

jimbo1958
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jimbo1958 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:06 pm

Just ordered some.....cheers Mr Wilks. :thumbsup:
Z4 e85 3.0 - GONE
Z4 e89 35i - GONE
Jaguar F Type V6s Roadster :driving:
Abarth 695 Rivale :driving:

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:28 pm

jimbo1958 wrote:Just ordered some.....cheers Mr Wilks. :thumbsup:

If it comes as mine did with no instructions then apply on a small sponge if poss , a little goes a long way & wait until completely dried before removing & you should be happy :thumbsup:
I read all 25 pages on a post on DWorld & at one point the pro guys are discussing how they can achieve a look with max half hour that clients would expect to take 2 days :o
I like it & if you don't then use it up on your house windows / mirrors / bathroom tiles , amazing finish with little effort :P
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

TR4man

Post by TR4man » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:54 pm

mr wilks wrote:
jimbo1958 wrote:Just ordered some.....cheers Mr Wilks. :thumbsup:

If it comes as mine did with no instructions :P
Yes, I was surprised (and a bit suspicious) that mine came in a plain plastic bottle with what looked like a home produced little sticker on it. Guess they have a big container of the stuff which they decant into small bottles to flog off.
2006 E86 Si Sport as a daily driver.