Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Nanoskin autoscrub 6" DA pad, my thoughts..

Claying, polishing, waxing... share your secrets in here.
Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Nanoskin autoscrub 6" DA pad, my thoughts..

Post by Ducklakeview » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:52 pm

Ok, so have seen these mentioned on a few forums and watched a few videos of them in use..

The blurb on the website https://www.nanoskinusa.com/collections ... fine-grade

Says..

Product Detail

NANOSKIN AUTOSCRUB System works fast and achieves professional results with the new advanced rubber polymer technology, which replaces the use of clay bars. With either dual action orbital polisher or hand application, it safely and easily removes paint over spray, water spots, fresh tree sap, rail dust and other bonded surface contaminants from the surface of automotive paint, glass, moldings and plastic. Unlike the clay bar, the AUTOSCRUB can be cleaned by simply rinsing off the accumulated contaminates with water. If you drop the AUTOSCRUB on the ground, no worries, just rinse the sponge pad clean and you're ready to keep using it. Easy glides allows for sturdy and controlled handling, unlike clay bars where constant reshaping is required.

Time to take the plunge, and this arrived today..
20170928_143802.jpg
20170928_143802.jpg (345.84 KiB) Viewed 690 times

Bit of a weird texture to it, feels rubbery..
20170928_143938.jpg
20170928_143938.jpg (196.25 KiB) Viewed 690 times

So, my paint is pretty clean at the moment, as I washed, clayed and topaz'd it last week.

Washed and wiped down a couple of panels and did the "baggie" test.. Could feel contamination on the paint..

Broke the pad in as per the destructions, on the windscreen.. This promptly removed my newly applied rain-x lol.. It CAN also be used on glass and trim btw.

So, onto the panels..

Quick must with clay lube, and on with the DA on slowest setting with very light pressure and normal polishing strokes.the process generates a bit of a slurry.

Wiped it down, OMG it was SILKY smooth, even with the baggie.

Topped off with a reapplication of topaz, and it has to be the smoothest, glossiest bit of paint I've ever seen on one of my cars!

I am impressed..

Mike