Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

SamZ4M's impromptue euro trip ft. Le Mans content

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
BradleyB

Post by BradleyB » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:27 am

Wow what a read! Certainly has made my night shift pass a little quicker than usual.

I've always wanted to do what you've just done but have never quite had the balls to do it on my own. Well done sir :)
'56 ///MR

patriot66
Lifer
Lifer

Post by patriot66 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:19 pm

Absolutely superb ! Really enjoyed that. Thanks for sharing. I've been to Le Mans twice but have always wanted to do something similar for the last 30 years. Maybe soon when the kids have flown the nest...fingers crossed ! Xxx :thumbsup:
Sterling Grey '03 2.5i SE / Infinitas Supercharger / S.M.G / Hardtop / Gloss Black 162s / Bilstein B4s / 3.0i Brakes / DLV De-Cat & Silencer / Rebuilt VANOS / Sonar 2Xcite Lights / Carbon & Alcantara Trim / M-Sport Seats / ...& Side Covers !

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MrPT » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:41 am

Fantastic read - cheers for sharing. :thumbsup:

I think it was watching this vid of an M3 CSL climbing Susten that got me hooked on these engines:

2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:19 am

sounds as though you had a great roadtrip Sam, brings back memories of myself, Stupot & Pastrys sojourn down into Monaco via Cannes and the med :driving:
Recommend this sort of trip to anyone for the spectacular roads/ scenery & the pleasure of driving a zed along them :thumbsup:
Rob
Last edited by Smartbear on Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

samZ4M

Post by samZ4M » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:05 pm

MrPT, I also done Susten, probably the best, as it's a bit more open, at the beginning anyway. I'm not complaining, but the twistier ones just don't allow you to get up to much, no overtaking or taking lines etc.

Just get on and do these trips, wonderful!